Gyms in the Denver Metro area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gyms in the Denver Metro area?

I'm moving from Colorado Springs to Highlands Ranch (10 miles or so south of Denver) in the next few weeks. Most people I know in Denver go to 24 hour Fitness. I'm not a fan of their gyms. I'm looking for something simple that's geared towards powerlifting/strength training. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

I'm not sure what's down in HR; I alternate between 24hr and Colorado's Pro Gym, but the Pro Gym is a trip from HR.

Maybe Skip will weigh in, he's more familiar with the gym scene than I am.
    You're perfect, yes it's true. But without me...you're only you.

Comment

I should have mentioned that I don't mind driving a little ways. I can hit Lincoln and get on 25 pretty easily so if I have to drive 15-20 minutes to workout thats fine by me. From what I can see there aren't many options in HR other than a 24 HR fitness.

Thanks RageBlanket, didn't even know that place existed. Any other advice would be appreciated.
      Last edited by ch4881; 05-28-2012, 07:57 PM.

Comment

I live in Lone Tree and drive to Colorado pro gym. It's only 13 miles from here. Its Worth the drive

Comment

Originally posted by GJ24 View Post
          I live in Lone Tree and drive to Colorado pro gym. It's only 13 miles from here. Its Worth the drive
          Agreed. It's a great gym-excellent atmosphere, plenty of well-maintained equipment, and a commitment to the serious strength and physique athlete.

It's about 12 miles for me if I don't stop on my way to/from work. I only keep going to 24hr because it's the only place open for 4am cardio.

Comment

Armbrust Pro Gym

/thread

(Seriously)

Comment

Thanks for the information guys. I really appreciate the input. Once I'm up there I'll check both places out. SSC, I just watched a video about Armbrust Pro Gym on youtube and it looks like the place to be. Too bad it's 25 miles away from where I'm gonna live.

Comment

Originally posted by ch4881 View Post
                Thanks for the information guys. I really appreciate the input. Once I'm up there I'll check both places out. SSC, I just watched a video about Armbrust Pro Gym on youtube and it looks like the place to be. Too bad it's 25 miles away from where I'm gonna live.
                Right, that is too bad.

I will say, depending on when you'll be training the highways around these parts can make 25 miles fairly insignificant. I can generally make it from Boulder to Denver (daily commute, FAACK) during the busiest times of the day in anywhere from 20-35 minutes or so, depending on if it's morning/afternoon. Armbrust is conveniently located pretty damn close to one of those major highways.

Regardless of what you decide, I'd at least recommend giving it a shot once and see if it's worth your time - that way perhaps you can gauge your comfort with the commute/traffic, etc. You'll find it generally takes 15-25 minutes to get anywhere here, so maybe it won't be that bad. I'd definitely be willing to drive almost as far as 30 or so minutes each way to go there. There's something really, really freaking awesome about being able to say 'I was training next to Phil Heath today,' haha.

And, really... it has its own damn leg room. That is so... fucking... awesome.

Comment

I definitely didn't rule it out and am planning on checking it out the week I move up there. It really does look like a great gym with an awesome environment from what I could see on YouTube.

Comment

And Armbrust just got a monolift so there is that...

Comment

Originally posted by Barge View Post
                      O Rly?

I'm nowhere near being strong enough to need one, but that's a pretty cool addition nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by RageBlanket View Post
                        O Rly?

I'm nowhere near being strong enough to need one, but that's a pretty cool addition nonetheless.

If anything else it's one place where He-Man wannabe's can't do curls ....seriously though this sounds like a great place. Looking forward to heading up there in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by RageBlanket View Post
                          O Rly?

Just stack the bumper plates on the bar and you'll look strong

Comment

Just stack the bumper plates on the bar and you'll look strong
                            My physique will give me away.

Comment

Armbrust is the place to train in the Denver area, no doubt. I still like to get some workouts at Better Bodies because it is so well equipped, especially on leg days when my back is bothering me so that I have more options. Still, the atmosphere at Armbrust is insane.

They are putting another Armbrust Gym in but they don't know where, yet. Talk is that it will possibly be east near Aurora so if that is the case, that would probably be closer than going north to the existing gym. Still, the original Armbrust will remain the best one, guaranteed.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
                              Instagram: @intensemuscle
                              YouTube: TEAMSKIP
                              TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Working...
                              X