Tips for saving $$$

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips for saving $$$

I was just wondering what everyone does to save on the grocery bills each month? I know the standard tips, such as buy in bulk, use coupons, etc., but I would like to know any other secrets (if there are any). Thanks in advance.
    What really happened to Abe Lincoln - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQtzryVP1BA

try buying you beef froma an actual butcher shop instead of the grocery store. alot of the time it is cheaper and they throw you a deal alot of the time. also you eventually get to know the guy and they hook you up. also buy off brand stuff like great value. it's the same stuff but you save lots of money
    My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable. I'm unna eat your style, i'm unna eat your style's kids.

Comment

If you have one of those budget grocery stores (you know, the ones where you bag your own stuff) shop there. The prices are usually lower than your average grocery store because they don't have to pay that extra labor for sackers.

Also, since you already know about the coupon thing, then you should know to find out what stores & when they do a double or triple coupon days. Some grocery stores will put coupons online & they can transfer to your little card you've got on your keyring. So, when you give the checker your keys or that grocery card when they swipe it your coupons will automatically discount.

Another tip I use that helps me alot. When making your grocery list, plan out your meals & decide exactly what ingredients you need for each meal. This will prevent you from buying stuff you think you need but you really don't. Stick to your list & match it up with things you already have in your pantry. Organize your pantry so you know what you have.

And this is the most important thing to remember when grocery shopping... DO NOT GO SHOPPING ON AN EMPTY STOMACH.
      Greek women, we may be lambs in the kitchen, but we are tigers in the bedroom.

MOD @ www.proactivehealthnet.com

Comment

All good tips thus far.

Know your stores, what is priced what where. Doubling and tripling coupons can get the name brand stuff for free or close to it if you know what regular prices are. I pick 2 stores to know, one that doesn't double coupons but their prices are generally lower and one that does double and triple but their prices generally are higher if there's no coupon. There's no buying anything not on the list at the pricier store.

Watch for sales on meat, load up your freezer, get a meat grinder and process briskets and roasts yourself. The holidays are great for meat prices. Free turkey in the fall/winter. Use one of those Fosters cans and do it beer can style. Tasty!
        "The problem is not that there are problems. The problem is expecting otherwise and thinking that having problems is a problem." -
        Theodore Rubin

Mod @ Proactivehealthnet

Comment

Originally posted by TheLil'Missus
          All good tips thus far.

Know your stores, what is priced what where. Doubling and tripling coupons can get the name brand stuff for free or close to it if you know what regular prices are. I pick 2 stores to know, one that doesn't double coupons but their prices are generally lower and one that does double and triple but their prices generally are higher if there's no coupon. There's no buying anything not on the list at the pricier store.

Watch for sales on meat, load up your freezer, get a meat grinder and process briskets and roasts yourself. The holidays are great for meat prices. Free turkey in the fall/winter. Use one of those Fosters cans and do it beer can style. Tasty!

How much is a quality meat grinder? Is the meat a lot cheaper if you process it yourself?

Thanks for the tips everyone.
          What really happened to Abe Lincoln - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQtzryVP1BA

Comment

Originally posted by BeeJ
            How much is a quality meat grinder? Is the meat a lot cheaper if you process it yourself?

Thanks for the tips everyone.
            http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=4483
            CrossFit Champions
            Champions Combat Arts

Comment

Costco
              im not hardcore, im not cool, pretending any different would be acting the fool--- ill leave that to those who are good at it

Training for the Proffesional Natural Olympia fall 2006

RESPECT ALL, ADMIRE FEW, IDOLIZE NONE

SQUAT TILL YER EYES BLEED!!!! IM GOIN PLATNUM STRAIT TO THE TOP NEVER STOP UNLESS I DROP.

Comment

Working...
              X