Blood TEST results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blood TEST results

I am 38yo I had my free and total test levels checked. Results were not too good. Total was only 189 (norm i think was 400 to 1080 ng/dl) and total free was only 44 (normal was 47-244 pg/ml). He said he'd like to see the free around 70-90? That seems like it would still be low to me. Is this correct?

I will ask him about what he wants to get the total up to when i go back. He has agreed to let me choose inj, gel, or patch and recommended that I may want to go with inj since my coverage may not cover the gel. Inj will be every other week and he will show me how to do them myself so I dont have to keep going in to the office. What ranges should I be looking for in total and free?

Do you have kids? Do you plan to have more?

I'm on TRT, but you need to consider all pros and cons

Comment

i have 3, anymore would result in my immediate suicide.

Comment

Originally posted by maddzz View Post
        i have 3, anymore would result in my immediate suicide.
        Hardest I have laughed in a month.
        TEAM :tea: SKIP

2012 IFBB Australian Grand Prix Novice 4th Place.
        2013 Nabba Victorian Championships Novice 3rd Place.

Comment

Your definitely low...how do you feel?

Comment

Sluggish, tired, and little interest in much of anything including sex.
            I returned to the gym in October after 1.5 years off and the gains don't seem to be coming like they used to. I have been dieting and have dropped 23lbs but that also seemed harder to do than before. I estimate BF to be in the high teens rigt=ht now, was probably high 20's when diet started.

Comment

Maddzz, when I found out about my low-t I started looking for any information I could find and ended up buying the kindle edition of edition of this book: http://www.amazon.com/Testosterone-M.../dp/0966223128

It provides some basic information to guide you in the discussion with your doctor so you know what to ask.

Amazon allows you to lend books to others for 7 days I think so if you are interested send me a PM and I'll lend it to you.
              Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
              2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
              2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Thanks MF, I sent you a PM. One of my main concerns is what level he plans to bring me up to. I have read that around 600-700 is a good level for TRT, but some docs prefer to keep you at the low end. My understanding is that being kept at the low end causes levels to drop very low leading up to the next injection and the fluctuations can make you feel worse than before.

Comment

Thanks MF, I sent you a PM. One of my main concerns is what level he plans to bring me up to. I have read that around 600-700 is a good level for TRT, but some docs prefer to keep you at the low end. My understanding is that being kept at the low end causes levels to drop very low leading up to the next injection and the fluctuations can make you feel worse than before.
                  Yes, the two week timeframe will probably make you feel kind of down a few days prior to your next injection. Talk to your doctor about doing smaller more frequent injections as this will provide a more stable level. My doc has me doing this and it is much better. No ups and downs at all.

Make sure your doc also checks your SHBG. If you have high SHBG you will have less free testosterone and will need to have a higher total testosterone in order to feel good.
                  Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
                  2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
                  2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Ask your Endo to give you weekly dose (half of the biweekly does) and inject weekly instead of biweekly. The gel is horrible. Stick to the injections.
                    How long can you go without believing in YOURSELF, before you are officially dead!

This isn't "Tea-Time Relaxy-Muscle", this is INTENSE Muscle. Bring something to the table or don't fucking show up. - Sammich

Comment

Dunno if its typical but my doc gives me just enough to make it to the low end of the "normal" spectrum (250-300ng/dl). I was also worried about fluctuations with treatment only once every two weeks but it really isn't significant... I've looked through my training log and there are no noticeable strength consistency issues nor do I feel any different long after treatment. I'm guessing its because the dosage is so low. I've also used the gel before and would definitely recommend against it - its much more trouble than injections and doesn't absorb well for a lot of people.
                      Last edited by Duro; 05-23-2012, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X