Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Creatine: Bigger, Smoother, Stronger

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Creatine: Bigger, Smoother, Stronger

    I began taking Creatine for the first time in a while. I'm currently cutting and am around a true 10% bf. I started a 20g/day loading phase last week. Since then I'm up 5lbs, but look smaller due to losing definition.

    I'm sold on the benefits of Creatine, but am thinking I should drop it until I close my pool for the season. I know it's just water, but if it appears I am smaller and less cut then why take it during the summer...thoughts?


    I plan to see how I react when dropping to 5g/day, but I'm guessing there will be no difference since my body has reached saturation from the loading phase.

    I suppose my other option is to wait it out, cut further, and reap the positive effects. However, that will be hard to commit to knowing I can have the appearance of a 1% drop in bf so quickly by dropping it.

  • #2
    Maybe this will help if i continue creatine?

    https://www.truenutrition.com/p-1683...-capsules.aspx

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Undertow View Post
      I began taking Creatine for the first time in a while. I'm currently cutting and am around a true 10% bf. I started a 20g/day loading phase last week. Since then I'm up 5lbs, but look smaller due to losing definition.

      I'm sold on the benefits of Creatine, but am thinking I should drop it until I close my pool for the season. I know it's just water, but if it appears I am smaller and less cut then why take it during the summer...thoughts?


      I plan to see how I react when dropping to 5g/day, but I'm guessing there will be no difference since my body has reached saturation from the loading phase.

      I suppose my other option is to wait it out, cut further, and reap the positive effects. However, that will be hard to commit to knowing I can have the appearance of a 1% drop in bf so quickly by dropping it.

      Do you think anyone else in the world besides yourself cares if you have an appearance of 1% less bodyfat while you swim in your pool?

      That said... What's more important right now... Doing what's best to get bigger and stronger or doing what's best to look a little leaner? Sounds like you already made up your mind on that...
      Journal http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=51093

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Undertow View Post
        I began taking Creatine for the first time in a while. I'm currently cutting and am around a true 10% bf. I started a 20g/day loading phase last week. Since then I'm up 5lbs, but look smaller due to losing definition.

        I'm sold on the benefits of Creatine, but am thinking I should drop it until I close my pool for the season. I know it's just water, but if it appears I am smaller and less cut then why take it during the summer...thoughts?


        I plan to see how I react when dropping to 5g/day, but I'm guessing there will be no difference since my body has reached saturation from the loading phase.

        I suppose my other option is to wait it out, cut further, and reap the positive effects. However, that will be hard to commit to knowing I can have the appearance of a 1% drop in bf so quickly by dropping it.
        Although you may have retained a lot of water in the loading stage, this may be an initial reaction before your body has the chance to reach homeostasis. Before you cut it out completely, give it some time at 5g/day or 5g just on workout days.

        Those are just my thoughts, but it seems like you already know what you want to do and want someone to validate it.
        Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

        Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

        2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
        2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
        2015 Beat Cancer!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Adam2433 View Post
          Do you think anyone else in the world besides yourself cares if you have an appearance of 1% less bodyfat while you swim in your pool?
          Nope. I train for my own satisfaction, not others. However, if I'm happier looking leaner/bigger, then I'll do it.

          Originally posted by Adam2433 View Post
          That said... What's more important right now... Doing what's best to get bigger and stronger or doing what's best to look a little leaner? Sounds like you already made up your mind on that...
          Bodybuilding is largley an illusion. I train to look and feel good. If I look bigger and better w/o creatine I'm willing to sacrifice the difference it would make over a 4 month period.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
            Although you may have retained a lot of water in the loading stage, this may be an initial reaction before your body has the chance to reach homeostasis. Before you cut it out completely, give it some time at 5g/day or 5g just on workout days.
            I agree and will give that a go.

            Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
            Those are just my thoughts, but it seems like you already know what you want to do and want someone to validate it.
            I'm not sure why you interpreted what I posted that way. If I had my mind made up, I wouldn't be posting. Like I said, I haven't used creatine in a while, and I never have at this bf %...I'm looking for other members experiences with it when cutting and trying to look lean for summer. That's the point of the forums, no? I'm certainly not here to make pen pals with strangers!

            Comment


            • #7
              Post up some pics and I'll give you my feedback
              Owner of 316FIT and Team Skip Approved Trainer


              Instagram: @jaredragsdale
              FB: www.fb.com/jared.ragsdale
              www.316fit.com
              Email: [email protected]

              Comment


              • #8
                I have taken creatine all throughout my prep. You may retain some water at first, but if you are lean, you are lean....I would keep it in if I were you.
                2005 HOA Natural Classic
                2006 OCB Midwest
                2007 ABA Natural Illinois
                2008 HOA Natural Classic
                2011
                NPC Mid-Illinois
                NPC Midwest Open
                NPC Natural Grand Prix
                2012 NGA Clash of the Titans
                2013
                USPA Illinois State
                NGA Heart of America
                NGA Clash of the Titans




                SAVE 5% ON YOUR NEXT ORDER FROM www.truenutrition.com order - Use Code RHB606

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Undertow View Post
                  I agree and will give that a go.



                  I'm not sure why you interpreted what I posted that way. If I had my mind made up, I wouldn't be posting. Like I said, I haven't used creatine in a while, and I never have at this bf %...I'm looking for other members experiences with it when cutting and trying to look lean for summer. That's the point of the forums, no? I'm certainly not here to make pen pals with strangers!
                  I'm not trying to come across as a hard ass or anything. From your wording, it just seemed like you were disgusted with the incorporation of creatine and wanted to drop it. Hey, if I was an asshole, would I have responded with what I thought was an appropriate alternative to dropping it altogether?

                  But, personally, I have found using creatine just on my training days (10g) hasn't contributed to any significant water retention. If you are getting photo shoot ready or prepping for a competition then you might want to reduce or get rid of it in the weeks leading up to the shoot or during your contest prep, but for most scenarios, as long as you are healthy, the benefits outweigh the slight water retention that you may experience.

                  Maybe if you were getting ready to hit the beach, it would be beneficial to drop the creatine and try something like "Dry" from TN to give you that extra shredded look, but once you reduce your intake of creatine the water retention should go down and as your body gets more accustomed to creatine supplementation the water retention might very well go away completely.

                  No hard feelings man, I didn't mean to come across like a dick and did not intend to do so.
                  Last edited by mentalflex; 05-21-2012, 01:06 PM.
                  Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

                  Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

                  2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
                  2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
                  2015 Beat Cancer!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I don't think you came across as a dick Mentalflex. Some people are just very sensitive. I have to be very conscious of how I speak to my 3 year old so he doesn't cry.
                    2014 USPA Nevada State / Regional Championships - 1,168 total

                    2014 USPA National Championships - 1,235 total

                    2014 Village Gym Meet - 1,260 total

                    2015 USPA Camp Pendleton Meet - 1,235 total


                    Journal: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread....80#post1112980

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
                      I'm not trying to come across as a hard ass or anything. From your wording, it just seemed like you were disgusted with the incorporation of creatine and wanted to drop it. Hey, if I was an asshole, would I have responded with what I thought was an appropriate alternative to dropping it altogether?

                      But, personally, I have found using creatine just on my training days (10g) hasn't contributed to any significant water retention. If you are getting photo shoot ready or prepping for a competition then you might want to reduce or get rid of it in the weeks leading up to the shoot or during your contest prep, but for most scenarios, as long as you are healthy, the benefits outweigh the slight water retention that you may experience.

                      Maybe if you were getting ready to hit the beach, it would be beneficial to drop the creatine and try something like "Dry" from TN to give you that extra shredded look, but once you reduce your intake of creatine the water retention should go down and as your body gets more accustomed to creatine supplementation the water retention might very well go away completely.

                      No hard feelings man, I didn't mean to come across like a dick and did not intend to do so.
                      Thanks. I appreciate the input!

                      I didn't think you we're an asshole, just figured you misinterpreted what I intended. Likewise, hopefully I didn't come across as a dick. It's too easy to occur in typed language!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by fade View Post
                        Post up some pics and I'll give you my feedback
                        I don't have before pics to post. I'm going to drop it to 5g and see if the retention improves.


                        PS - Is that you in your avatar? If so, you're a beast dude.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X