X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lee Salado
    replied
    Originally posted by Lin1 View Post
    THIS is the kind of reply I wanted thank you.
    Yes I have low estrogen levels, & I'm 42 so not far from the menopause going off my family history, & yes I'm dieting.

I read Gout can be brought on by excessive training & I do plenty of that, accompanied by high protein intake.

I don't want to go down the doctors route of only having 50g protein a day & giving up BB, hence looking for alterior routes.
    I'm trialling adding mega greens & ph drops into daily water to see of that alters the pain.

How is your friend dealing with it?
    She tried to push through but ended up having to put everything on hold and change her eating until her symptoms subsided. She couldn't train and even had problems walking due to the pain. Last I heard she is doing much better and training again. I do know that she is on estrogen therapy, though.

Leave a comment:

• Lin1
    replied
    Originally posted by Lee Salado View Post
    How are your estrogen levels?

I know specifically in a woman I am close to, her gout problem began after menopause and the doctor said low estrogen levels in women can cause uric acid to begin to build up.

Also, extreme dieting, like what you would have to do to compete can cause gout.

Extreme dieting can = too much lactic acid which can = kidneys can't get rid of uric acid the right way.

I believe for my friend it was a combination of low estrogen levels (which can also be associated with an extreme diet), menopause, and the contest diet she was on.

And maybe also some other stuff that can make a woman's estrogen levels drop excessively low.

Her father also has battled gout, but from what I've read, even though it can be hereditary it's usually something else that causes it.

THIS is the kind of reply I wanted thank you.
    Yes I have low estrogen levels, & I'm 42 so not far from the menopause going off my family history, & yes I'm dieting.

I read Gout can be brought on by excessive training & I do plenty of that, accompanied by high protein intake.

I don't want to go down the doctors route of only having 50g protein a day & giving up BB, hence looking for alterior routes.
    I'm trialling adding mega greens & ph drops into daily water to see of that alters the pain.

How is your friend dealing with it?

Leave a comment:

• Lee Salado
    replied
    Originally posted by Lin1 View Post
    Has any one suffered from gout? If so did you learn of any remedies to stop the pain & symptoms, without cutting out meat?

I've just been diagnosed as having gout (hereditary factor). The pain is excruciating beyond anything experienced. Suffering in big & little toes, ankles, behind back of knees (popliteal is where Uric acid collects) & index fingers.

Not been able to train for a week, let alone drive properly & other normal activities.

I have read that taking baking soda helps by alkalising the blood ph?

Many thanx
    Linny
    How are your estrogen levels?

I know specifically in a woman I am close to, her gout problem began after menopause and the doctor said low estrogen levels in women can cause uric acid to begin to build up.

Also, extreme dieting, like what you would have to do to compete can cause gout.

Extreme dieting can = too much lactic acid which can = kidneys can't get rid of uric acid the right way.

I believe for my friend it was a combination of low estrogen levels (which can also be associated with an extreme diet), menopause, and the contest diet she was on.

And maybe also some other stuff that can make a woman's estrogen levels drop excessively low.

Her father also has battled gout, but from what I've read, even though it can be hereditary it's usually something else that causes it.

Leave a comment:

• blackdog1996
    replied
    When cooling hasn't done anything, did you try it the other way around using a hotty?
    Gout is mostly caused by an imbalanced nutrition. Do you eat enough alkaline foods like spinach i.e.? Do you drink enough?

Leave a comment:

• Lin1
    replied
    Originally posted by blackdog1996 View Post
    Never suffered from it personally, this link might help:
    http://www.best-gout-remedies.com/index.html
    Regarding pain, did you try to cool the areas?
    There's so much info out there, but none from a training point of view sufferer.
    Cooling hasn't done anything, maxing out on painkillers then falling asleep did lol

Leave a comment:

• blackdog1996
    replied
    Never suffered from it personally, this link might help:
    http://www.best-gout-remedies.com/index.html
    Regarding pain, did you try to cool the areas?

Leave a comment:

• Lin1
    started a topic Gout

Gout

Has any one suffered from gout? If so did you learn of any remedies to stop the pain & symptoms, without cutting out meat?

I've just been diagnosed as having gout (hereditary factor). The pain is excruciating beyond anything experienced. Suffering in big & little toes, ankles, behind back of knees (popliteal is where Uric acid collects) & index fingers.

Not been able to train for a week, let alone drive properly & other normal activities.

I have read that taking baking soda helps by alkalising the blood ph?

Many thanx
    Linny
Working...
X