Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.livestrong.com/article/52...n-affect-gout/

http://www.livestrong.com/article/51...tein-and-gout/

If the doctor confirms the presence of gout, you're now left with the problem of how to treat it. There are many old-fashioned treatments available for gout, but the newest and fastest way is actually with whey protein.

".....Whey protein has been on the forefront of all-natural medicine for years, and more and more doctors are beginning to see the benefit. High-quality whey protein (not the stuff bodybuilders use during their workouts, this whey protein is of a much higher quality) is filled with protein and amino acids."

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/364237
    Lee Salado, E.P.A.S.

Comment

Also try stinging nettle and agnus cactus she says.

:-) your welcome...oh and knot grass if ya can get hold of any. As of 2012 it is now prescription, ha must work then eh.

Matt
      NABBA UK 2011 - Novice class 3rd Place
      NABBA BRITAIN FINALS 2012 - Novice class 3rd Place
      NABBA NORTH WEST 2014 - Mr Class 2 - 1st Place
      NABBA WORLD CHAMPS 2014 - Mr Class 2 - 10th Place
      NABBA ENGLAND 2015 - Mr Class 2 - 3rd place
      NABBA UK 2015 - Mr Class 2 - 4th place

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Salado View Post
        Lin,

I was thinking about this a bit today, and it occurred to me that whey isolate or EAA's might have less effect on your gout issue than meats. I read somewhere about whey protein used during recovery from gout to keep healthy protein levels coming in each day.

I have no scientific data to back this, so it may be a shot in the dark, but if all else fails you might try removing meat from your diet and replacing it with a high quality whey or EAA powder.
        Originally posted by Lee Salado View Post
        http://www.livestrong.com/article/52...n-affect-gout/

http://www.livestrong.com/article/51...tein-and-gout/

If the doctor confirms the presence of gout, you're now left with the problem of how to treat it. There are many old-fashioned treatments available for gout, but the newest and fastest way is actually with whey protein.

".....Whey protein has been on the forefront of all-natural medicine for years, and more and more doctors are beginning to see the benefit. High-quality whey protein (not the stuff bodybuilders use during their workouts, this whey protein is of a much higher quality) is filled with protein and amino acids."

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/364237
        Yes I read an article on whey protein v recovery from Gout, only problem with me is I'm lactose intolerant! The report I read also said adding milk, cheese & yoghurt to daily macros would help....it may help the gout, but for me I would be locked in the bathroom for weeks....I don't know which one would be worse

NABBA Miss World Italy 2013 - 3rd
        NABBA Miss Universe 2012 - 1st
        NABBA World Brazil 2011 - 5th
        NABBA Miss Britain Champion 2011-1st
        NABBA Universe 2010 Trained Figure- 5th
        NABBA UK 2010 Trained Figure-1st
        NABBA England 2010 Trained Figure-2nd

Comment

Originally posted by bicep_grind View Post
          Also try stinging nettle and agnus cactus she says.

:-) your welcome...oh and knot grass if ya can get hold of any. As of 2012 it is now prescription, ha must work then eh.

Matt
          Matt has your mum had a go at drinking Arnica?? I read a report on that too, but it's expensive & didn't want to throw it in for it not to work?
          Really appreciate this so give your mum a hug from me

The mega greens, PH drops & bicarbonate of soda am & pm have seemed to really bloody ease the pain so far, touch wood. I've not been back to work yet though, so that will be the real test on them

Linny

Comment

Sure will :-). I'll ask about the arnica...she did have an arnica plant last year and did somethin with the leaves i know that. Did Gaz pass on the message about the devils claw? Its a natural anti inflammatory which will not inhibit muscle growth like the evil pain killers you've been taking Haha.

Matt
            NABBA UK 2011 - Novice class 3rd Place
            NABBA BRITAIN FINALS 2012 - Novice class 3rd Place
            NABBA NORTH WEST 2014 - Mr Class 2 - 1st Place
            NABBA WORLD CHAMPS 2014 - Mr Class 2 - 10th Place
            NABBA ENGLAND 2015 - Mr Class 2 - 3rd place
            NABBA UK 2015 - Mr Class 2 - 4th place

Comment

Originally posted by bicep_grind View Post
              Sure will :-). I'll ask about the arnica...she did have an arnica plant last year and did somethin with the leaves i know that. Did Gaz pass on the message about the devils claw? Its a natural anti inflammatory which will not inhibit muscle growth like the evil pain killers you've been taking Haha.

Matt
              Arnica is supposed to be fantastic, like the bicarb I'm using that dates back 150 years for gout lol. Yes Gaz did thanx very much, I was very reluctant to use any of the bloody pain killers as I read about the inhibition of muscle growth, only time I've taken them is the last 3 nights to knock me out cold, so I get some sleep :hysterica

Comment

Still using the greens, bicarbonate, ph drops & high water. All was going fantastic, until I decided to experiment & drop the bicarbonate in the pm for 2 nights, result bloody agony today again.

Comment

Working...
                X