Gout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gout

Has any one suffered from gout? If so did you learn of any remedies to stop the pain & symptoms, without cutting out meat?

I've just been diagnosed as having gout (hereditary factor). The pain is excruciating beyond anything experienced. Suffering in big & little toes, ankles, behind back of knees (popliteal is where Uric acid collects) & index fingers.

Not been able to train for a week, let alone drive properly & other normal activities.

I have read that taking baking soda helps by alkalising the blood ph?

Many thanx
    Linny

NABBA Miss World Italy 2013 - 3rd
    NABBA Miss Universe 2012 - 1st
    NABBA World Brazil 2011 - 5th
    NABBA Miss Britain Champion 2011-1st
    NABBA Universe 2010 Trained Figure- 5th
    NABBA UK 2010 Trained Figure-1st
    NABBA England 2010 Trained Figure-2nd

Never suffered from it personally, this link might help:
    http://www.best-gout-remedies.com/index.html
    Regarding pain, did you try to cool the areas?
    http://www.truenutrition.com/ Discount Code for 5 % - 10% off:
    BNK573
    To all Europeans: Best quality I ever had and shipment took 9 days only.

Future is a result of present movements!

(At the present-day in the world of today).

Comment

Originally posted by blackdog1996 View Post
      Never suffered from it personally, this link might help:
      http://www.best-gout-remedies.com/index.html
      Regarding pain, did you try to cool the areas?
      There's so much info out there, but none from a training point of view sufferer.
      Cooling hasn't done anything, maxing out on painkillers then falling asleep did lol

Comment

When cooling hasn't done anything, did you try it the other way around using a hotty?
        Gout is mostly caused by an imbalanced nutrition. Do you eat enough alkaline foods like spinach i.e.? Do you drink enough?
        http://www.truenutrition.com/ Discount Code for 5 % - 10% off:
        BNK573
        To all Europeans: Best quality I ever had and shipment took 9 days only.

Future is a result of present movements!

(At the present-day in the world of today).

Comment

Originally posted by Lin1 View Post
          Has any one suffered from gout? If so did you learn of any remedies to stop the pain & symptoms, without cutting out meat?

I've just been diagnosed as having gout (hereditary factor). The pain is excruciating beyond anything experienced. Suffering in big & little toes, ankles, behind back of knees (popliteal is where Uric acid collects) & index fingers.

Not been able to train for a week, let alone drive properly & other normal activities.

I have read that taking baking soda helps by alkalising the blood ph?

Many thanx
          Linny
          How are your estrogen levels?

I know specifically in a woman I am close to, her gout problem began after menopause and the doctor said low estrogen levels in women can cause uric acid to begin to build up.

Also, extreme dieting, like what you would have to do to compete can cause gout.

Extreme dieting can = too much lactic acid which can = kidneys can't get rid of uric acid the right way.

I believe for my friend it was a combination of low estrogen levels (which can also be associated with an extreme diet), menopause, and the contest diet she was on.

And maybe also some other stuff that can make a woman's estrogen levels drop excessively low.

Her father also has battled gout, but from what I've read, even though it can be hereditary it's usually something else that causes it.
          Lee Salado, E.P.A.S.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Salado View Post
            How are your estrogen levels?

I know specifically in a woman I am close to, her gout problem began after menopause and the doctor said low estrogen levels in women can cause uric acid to begin to build up.

Also, extreme dieting, like what you would have to do to compete can cause gout.

Extreme dieting can = too much lactic acid which can = kidneys can't get rid of uric acid the right way.

I believe for my friend it was a combination of low estrogen levels (which can also be associated with an extreme diet), menopause, and the contest diet she was on.

And maybe also some other stuff that can make a woman's estrogen levels drop excessively low.

Her father also has battled gout, but from what I've read, even though it can be hereditary it's usually something else that causes it.

THIS is the kind of reply I wanted thank you.
            Yes I have low estrogen levels, & I'm 42 so not far from the menopause going off my family history, & yes I'm dieting.

I read Gout can be brought on by excessive training & I do plenty of that, accompanied by high protein intake.

I don't want to go down the doctors route of only having 50g protein a day & giving up BB, hence looking for alterior routes.
            I'm trialling adding mega greens & ph drops into daily water to see of that alters the pain.

How is your friend dealing with it?

Comment

Originally posted by Lin1 View Post
              THIS is the kind of reply I wanted thank you.
              Yes I have low estrogen levels, & I'm 42 so not far from the menopause going off my family history, & yes I'm dieting.

I read Gout can be brought on by excessive training & I do plenty of that, accompanied by high protein intake.

I don't want to go down the doctors route of only having 50g protein a day & giving up BB, hence looking for alterior routes.
              I'm trialling adding mega greens & ph drops into daily water to see of that alters the pain.

How is your friend dealing with it?
              She tried to push through but ended up having to put everything on hold and change her eating until her symptoms subsided. She couldn't train and even had problems walking due to the pain. Last I heard she is doing much better and training again. I do know that she is on estrogen therapy, though.
              Lee Salado, E.P.A.S.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Salado View Post
                She tried to push through but ended up having to put everything on hold and change her eating until her symptoms subsided. She couldn't train and even had problems walking due to the pain. Last I heard she is doing much better and training again. I do know that she is on estrogen therapy, though.
                That's what I'm doing at the moment pushing through, some days I can't stand let alone walk.
                I just despise being defeated.
                Thanx so much for replying

Comment

Damn hate to hear this. Best of luck Lin
                  Overtraining should be one of the lowest concerns. You should focus on optimal training.
                  -John Ceasar

Comment

Originally posted by lhart6272 View Post
                    Damn hate to hear this. Best of luck Lin
                    Thanx, just want to get it under control, then I can keep the acidity in blood down hopefully.
                    Had the mega greens,1/2tsp bicarb of soda & Naproxen before bed & again this morning, as that's when the blood is most acidic, jeez that stuff isn't palatable lol

Go back to have my blood tested again in 4 weeks to see if the uric acid levels have gone down.

No idea why, probably because I'm reading so much on the subject, but when I stand I'm getting a lot of water retention in my ankles & feet & knees where the pain is. Only started the bicarb last night so it can't be this.
                    Linny

Comment

I don't know if you have PH water available to you over there, but it's getting pretty popular over here to help raise your alkalinity vs. acidity, at least that's how I understand it...seems like it would be just like adding the drops though as you said...good luck Lin
                      STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

Originally posted by steel1970 View Post
                        I don't know if you have PH water available to you over there, but it's getting pretty popular over here to help raise your alkalinity vs. acidity, at least that's how I understand it...seems like it would be just like adding the drops though as you said...good luck Lin
                        The PH drops are easier as I can carry them with me, so any fluid it's easy to add 10 drops per litre

I'm just praying it works. The doctors are pathetic they are so stone age mindset, my physio knew more, the doctors couldn't explain the blood report, yet the physio could?

Comment

Hi Linny, my mum recommends celery seeds. You can get them from any health shop but suma is a really good brand for it. She suffers from bad arthritis especially whilst competing and it's quite similar to gout. Hope this helps

Matt
                          NABBA UK 2011 - Novice class 3rd Place
                          NABBA BRITAIN FINALS 2012 - Novice class 3rd Place
                          NABBA NORTH WEST 2014 - Mr Class 2 - 1st Place
                          NABBA WORLD CHAMPS 2014 - Mr Class 2 - 10th Place
                          NABBA ENGLAND 2015 - Mr Class 2 - 3rd place
                          NABBA UK 2015 - Mr Class 2 - 4th place

Comment

Matt tell Cheryl thank you very much, will throw them in as well

Comment

Lin,

I was thinking about this a bit today, and it occurred to me that whey isolate or EAA's might have less effect on your gout issue than meats. I read somewhere about whey protein used during recovery from gout to keep healthy protein levels coming in each day.

I have no scientific data to back this, so it may be a shot in the dark, but if all else fails you might try removing meat from your diet and replacing it with a high quality whey or EAA powder.
                              Lee Salado, E.P.A.S.

Comment

Working...
                              X