Protein Flavouring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protein Flavouring

Hey all, I had ordered a ton of protein (well, ok 25 lbs ) from TP, and I thought I had enough of the flavouring, but nope ran out. So I ordered more, but since I am in Canada, its going to take a few weeks (usually) to get here. What else can I use in the meantime?

I have just the recession whey, and its pretty bland. I goto the US once in a while, Sams club, Wallmart etc. Is there anything I can use that tastes relatively good? Online ordering would not really be an option.

What about cocoa powder and a no calorie sweetener (stevia or Splenda)? Or you could also try adding in some sugar-free pudding mixes if you aren't too concerned about the extra calories.
    2013 NPC Europa Battle of Champions - 1st Figure & Overall
    2013 NPC Rhode Island - 1st Figure
    2012 NPC Emerald Cup - 2nd Figure
    2010 NPC Northwest Championships - 4th Figure

Comment

Well, I am concerned about the cals...I'm pretty fat lol. Trying to lose the fat. Changing everything after 20 years of literally doing nothing is really tough! But thats a great idea about the cocoa powder, I will give that a shot, and I use splenda quite frequently for my tea, so I have that.

Thanks for the idea Rco!

Comment

Originally posted by Caramon View Post
        Hey all, I had ordered a ton of protein (well, ok 25 lbs ) from TP, and I thought I had enough of the flavouring, but nope ran out. So I ordered more, but since I am in Canada, its going to take a few weeks (usually) to get here. What else can I use in the meantime?

I have just the recession whey, and its pretty bland. I goto the US once in a while, Sams club, Wallmart etc. Is there anything I can use that tastes relatively good? Online ordering would not really be an option.
        Crystal Light

Use my discount code JHR112 and get 5% off at TrueProtein.com

"Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder, but don't nobody wanna lift no heavy-ass weight!"-Ronnie Coleman

GET THE DAMN WEIGHT UP AND BEAT THE LOGBOOK WITH BIG WEIGHT JUMPS-Dante

Comment

Originally posted by SadButTrue View Post
          Crystal Light
          Really! Are you kidding me? That would work? LOL I would never have thought of that. How much would you mix a single serving packet with? 1 serving per shake?

Comment

Capella Flavor Drops are neat but you'll probably still have the same shipping issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Caramon View Post
              Really! Are you kidding me? That would work? LOL I would never have thought of that. How much would you mix a single serving packet with? 1 serving per shake?
              I use 1 or 2 packets per shake depending on the flavor. Whatever achieves the flavor level you prefer.

Use my discount code JHR112 and get 5% off at TrueProtein.com

"Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder, but don't nobody wanna lift no heavy-ass weight!"-Ronnie Coleman

GET THE DAMN WEIGHT UP AND BEAT THE LOGBOOK WITH BIG WEIGHT JUMPS-Dante

Comment

X2 for crystal light. I'm in Canada as well and had the same thing happen. I really didn;t want to pay for the shipping just for flavour packs. I used 1 single serving crystal light pack/shake and it was great. Obviously not as good as the flavour packs from TN, but it'll do the trick!
                "no bulking, no cutting, no bullshit. Just training for being a motherfucker" -- Jim Wendler

"No fucking lifter is hardcore. Hardcore is taking shrapnel in the ass fighting for your country. We're lifting weights." -- Dave Tate

Check out my Journal

Comment

Thanks for the ideas. I ordered more than just the flavour packs, but it takes a bit of time. Now I don't have to drink ugh drinks lol. Gonna head out for crystal light AND cocoa!

Comment

Thanks a ton for your help with the flavouring. I picked up crystal light, added 1 pack to my daily shake, and man, does it taste super awesome! I also tried the cocoa and splenda, but it needs some work to find the right mix, as I only tried it once with 1 heaping tsp of cocoa and 1 tsp of splenda. I drank it, but it wasn't that good haha. Needs more work!

Comment

Working...
                    X