If it fits your macros..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If it fits your macros..

OR "IIFYM"....Was wondering if anyone else here "diets" or eats this way?

For those who aren't familiar with the phrase, you have set carbs/fat/protein macros, and no foods are off limits, as long as you hit those macros. Fiber is also accounted for and kept around 25-40.

This is how I have dieted this prep. I think there are more ways than one to skin a cat, but I was still had my doubts. Just curious if anyone else follows this approach.
    2005 HOA Natural Classic
    2006 OCB Midwest
    2007 ABA Natural Illinois
    2008 HOA Natural Classic
    NPC Mid-Illinois
    NPC Midwest Open
    NPC Natural Grand Prix
    2012 NGA Clash of the Titans
    USPA Illinois State
    NGA Heart of America
    NGA Clash of the Titans

SAVE 5% ON YOUR NEXT ORDER FROM www.truenutrition.com order - Use Code RHB606

How has it worked??
    '17 USAPL Chicago Raw
    17 AAU Super Total
    '16-AAU Hi
    '15-USPA Metro
    '15-USPA State
    '15-AAU HI
    '14-AAU HI
    '14-USPA Metro
    '14-WABDL Sonny's
    '14-USPA State
    '14-HI Strongman
    '13-USPA
    '13-WABDL Sonny's
    '13-USPA State
    '13-AAU HI
    '11-USPA Metro
    '10-NPC Stingrey
    '09-NPC Islands
    '09-NPC Stingrey
    '09-ABA Islands
    '02-ABA Islands
    '02-ABA IronWorks
    '01-NPC Paradise Cup
    '01-ABA Olympia
    '01-ABA Islands
    '00-NPC Nat.Tri-State
    '00-INBF Musclefest
    '98-NGA Ill
    '98-INBF Ohio

Comment

Originally posted by trucelt View Post
      How has it worked??
      Good I think. I feel better mentally. It is nice to be able to eat "normal" foods to stay sane. I'm leaner now than I've ever been and have 7 weeks to go. I still eat "bodybuilder" foods. It just isn't rice and chicken 24/7.
      2005 HOA Natural Classic
      2006 OCB Midwest
      2008 HOA Natural Classic
      NPC Mid-Illinois
      NPC Midwest Open
      NPC Natural Grand Prix
      USPA Illinois State
      NGA Heart of America
      NGA Clash of the Titans

Comment

Hell no. Chicken breast, WPI, fish, lean meat, fruit, vegetables, oatmeal, potatoes, rice, peanut butter, and olive oil. That's about it. The Sunday Skipload keeps me sane, not trying to count macros eating different foods every day. THAT would drive me insane. I believe in the keep it simple stupid principle for eating. Having similar meals every day makes macro counting a breeze. Good luck with what your doing though, it just seems to be even more work for what it is.
        :preach:

Comment

If i am not mistaking I think Alan Aragon uses a similar approach...
          SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

Originally posted by liftweights View Post
            Hell no. Chicken breast, WPI, fish, lean meat, fruit, vegetables, oatmeal, potatoes, rice, peanut butter, and olive oil. That's about it. The Sunday Skipload keeps me sane, not trying to count macros eating different foods every day. THAT would drive me insane. I believe in the keep it simple stupid principle for eating. Having similar meals every day makes macro counting a breeze. Good luck with what your doing though, it just seems to be even more work for what it is.
            If it weren't for phone apps, it would be much more difficult. Having your skip load would take away most cravings I bet. I have never tried that approach, but obviously it works.

Originally posted by LG1 View Post
            If i am not mistaking I think Alan Aragon uses a similar approach...
            He may...I don't know much about him.
            2005 HOA Natural Classic
            2006 OCB Midwest
            2008 HOA Natural Classic
            NPC Mid-Illinois
            NPC Midwest Open
            NPC Natural Grand Prix
            USPA Illinois State
            NGA Heart of America
            NGA Clash of the Titans

Comment

I follow similar ideals to IIFYM but with an IF structure.

Comment

Originally posted by breck View Post
                If it weren't for phone apps, it would be much more difficult. Having your skip load would take away most cravings I bet. I have never tried that approach, but obviously it works.
                What phone apps do you use? I'm starting to lean out this coming week and will be counting macros....an app for that sounds clutch.
                Use True Nutrition Discount Code YKF124 for 5-10% off of all orders from TRUENUTRITION.com!

My On-Site Log

My Off-Site Log

Comment

ice cream and ramen everyday, and still dropping weight.
                  its awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by breck View Post
                    He may...I don't know much about him.
                    google his name if you are interested... He's pretty well regarded in the bb community IMO.
                    SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

Originally posted by vkk View Post
                      ice cream and ramen everyday, and still dropping weight.
                      its awesome.
                      Still dropping "weight", but how has your body composition changed? Are you holding your muscle and only dropping fat?
                      STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

If I'm not mistaken that was skip's guinea pig experiment I did. I use IF with that approach and I dropped from 221 to 211 this week and ate what I wanted getting my 350g protein in and the rest fell where it did, to 10% I think it'll work and beyond I'd have to tighten up, but 10% is where I want to be. Calories in vs. Calories out kind of.
                        For Training Inquiries go see the HNIC [email protected] anything else is uncivilized

Comment

Originally posted by steel1970 View Post
                          Still dropping "weight", but how has your body composition changed? Are you holding your muscle and only dropping fat?
                          strength is going up, body composition is still about the same 10 lbs less.

Comment

I wanted to add that this is definitely not something you should ever try first. If you've been successful with the traditional dieting methods THEN you could attempt this to see how it is for you. You seem to of already competed so its no big deal for you, but no one should try this before they have already had success elsewhere.
                            :preach:

Comment

I never really understood this approach. If you have a high performance vehicle, and you want it to slaughter every other vehicle on the road, you sure as fuck aren't going to put low quality fuel in it. Sure, I reckon you can diet eating crap, carbs are carbs, fats are fats, but how healthy will you be in 20 years time?...
                              TEAM :tea: SKIP

2012 IFBB Australian Grand Prix Novice 4th Place.
                              2013 Nabba Victorian Championships Novice 3rd Place.

Comment

Working...
                              X