Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 495lb Push Press @ 230lbs

[YOUTUBE]Iui94VWFhnA[/YOUTUBE]
    PM me to discuss website/video/dvd etc. related work.

Ya, I could do that too if I wanted to keep my form as loose as his.....he's probably using fake plates on that bar....it's all gear anyway.....I heard his only meal of the day consists of a litre of potato vodka and 4 lbs of goat intestines.....

...pretty sure that takes care of all the idiotic shit we might hear about this one. That's badass.
    "no bulking, no cutting, no bullshit. Just training for being a motherfucker" -- Jim Wendler

"No fucking lifter is hardcore. Hardcore is taking shrapnel in the ass fighting for your country. We're lifting weights." -- Dave Tate

Check out my Journal

Comment

Holy shit...heavier than what Misha was doing in this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sAs02Bu1Ns), and that was impressive as hell. His BTN wide grip press impressed me, this pretty much conforms that he's one of the strongest motherfuckers walking the earth right now.

What's even better about this vid is the horrible Russian techno pop blaring in the background and Klokov still lifting my deadlift above his head.
      Disclaimer: I am not a DC trainee/expert/guru/coach, anything I say is purely my opinion based on experience and research I've read

Comment

Here's another great (little known) push press video from about 10 years ago I bet you guys haven't seen. Brian Schoonveld getting ~17 reps with 300 on the AXLE.

[youtube]Ypr7U-jFOHk[/youtube]

Not quite as impressive, but almost.

Comment

It's gotta be fake....how else can you explain how the average gym rat doing 225 lb squats makes more noise than that? If the wt is REALLY heavy...ya gotta yell and moan like crazy so everyone looks at you. If that was really 495 he would have spent a good 5 mins walking around, grunting, yelling and saying something like "AH...I GOT THIS....AIN'T NOTHING ..AH...AH....AH...ALL ME....AH WHOOOF WHOOOF...YEA BABY.....I GOT THIS..." Etc.... He made ONE noise....then a deep breath....so its gotta be fake!

Damn though.
          Follow my NEW journal if you please:

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=48304

"They say I'm no good...cause I'm so hood, rich folks do not want me around" 50

"You are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
          Dr. Seuss

I would like to thank all the stupid people of the world. Without you guys I would only be average.

"Tell them bitches get a stick I'm done leading the blind"
          Nicki Minaj

Comment

OH I get it now.

Whether or not I "get it" on Monday is another story. Heh. :p
            #docswholift
            PGY-1 FM
            "No idea is above scrutiny and no people are beneath dignity." -Maajid Nawaz

Comment

damn. like it ain't no thang

Comment

Originally posted by youngbb View Post
                damn. like it ain't no thang
                It's almost depressingly good. Well, not depressing, but a reality check. lol I know my shoulders have been aching like crazy from going a bit heavier (low rep) in my pressing lately. Seeing this kind of video makes me want to stick in a higher rep range since it's safe, and I'll never be 'strong' anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by RedSkull View Post
                  Here's another great (little known) push press video from about 10 years ago I bet you guys haven't seen. Brian Schoonveld getting ~17 reps with 300 on the AXLE.

I don't know, still impressive. He uses such clean form (very little leg drive), and getting 17 reps on an overhead lift with 300lbs is impressive any day of the week.
                  Disclaimer: I am not a DC trainee/expert/guru/coach, anything I say is purely my opinion based on experience and research I've read

Comment

Originally posted by Carlito Gambino View Post
                    I don't know, still impressive. He uses such clean form (very little leg drive), and getting 17 reps on an overhead lift with 300lbs is impressive any day of the week.
                    Schoonie was definitely one of the best American pressers. I really doubt Poundstone could of done 17 with 300.

Comment

That is downright impressive.
                      Family Guy but also; Old School SoCal, punk rock loving, powerlifting, hardcore gym rat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtLQ73EutoY

Comment

Originally posted by RedSkull View Post

Pfft....I have better calves.

;-)

You know I watch stuff like that and go to myself "self, you should start training higher reps" then I remember that my back gives out more from endurance than it does from strength and I also remember that when I comes to lower body....I just HATE high reps. I think that makes me find this type of shit even more impressive......

Another cool video post bro.
                        Follow my NEW journal if you please:

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=48304

"They say I'm no good...cause I'm so hood, rich folks do not want me around" 50

"You are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
                        Dr. Seuss

I would like to thank all the stupid people of the world. Without you guys I would only be average.

"Tell them bitches get a stick I'm done leading the blind"
                        Nicki Minaj

Comment

pretty impressive considering its a thick ass bar and he had to pick it off the ground IMO.
                          2014 NPC Mr MN State TBD
                          2012 NPC MN state 40+ 1st and 3rd Hvy *Injury :frusty:
                          2012 NPC Gopher State 40+ 1st and 1st SuperHvy
                          2011 NPC Gopher State 40+ 1st and 2nd Open Hvy.
                          2011 NPC Upper Midwest 40+ 1st and Super Hvy 1st
                          2009 Gopher State 4th Hvy and 4th Masters 40+
                          *11 Natural contest 1992-2000 placed top 4 of all
                          88 Natural Mr MN 2nd Teen
                          88 Gopher State 4th Teen Hvy Div 176lbs

Comment

Here is one for you Redskull.. Little compilation that includes Klokov plus Pyrros and others:

Not to mention the music is awesome, particularly The Promentory, most notably from Last of the Mohicans...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNbvdLoj_tA&feature=youtu.be[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

Originally posted by BB85 View Post
                              Ya, I could do that too if I wanted to keep my form as loose as his.....he's probably using fake plates on that bar....it's all gear anyway.....I heard his only meal of the day consists of a litre of potato vodka and 4 lbs of goat intestines.....

...pretty sure that takes care of all the idiotic shit we might hear about this one. That's badass.
                              He's an olympic lifter and has done that in competition, I started posting before I read your whole post so yeah, I heard they were filled with helium.
                              For Training Inquiries go see the HNIC [email protected] anything else is uncivilized

Comment

Working...
                              X