Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas day of show :)

Unsure if this is in the correct section, I'm sure it'll get moved if not

Show day how do you combat farts because of the carb loading? Do any of you take anything to stop winning by default, because all your competitors are unconscious?

Linny

NABBA Miss World Italy 2013 - 3rd
    NABBA Miss Universe 2012 - 1st
    NABBA World Brazil 2011 - 5th
    NABBA Miss Britain Champion 2011-1st
    NABBA Universe 2010 Trained Figure- 5th
    NABBA UK 2010 Trained Figure-1st
    NABBA England 2010 Trained Figure-2nd

I bought some "Beano" to use at home on high carb days. My wife was ready to kill me. I could only blame the dog for so long.
    2005 HOA Natural Classic
    2006 OCB Midwest
    2007 ABA Natural Illinois
    2008 HOA Natural Classic
    NPC Mid-Illinois
    NPC Midwest Open
    NPC Natural Grand Prix
    2012 NGA Clash of the Titans
    USPA Illinois State
    NGA Heart of America
    NGA Clash of the Titans

SAVE 5% ON YOUR NEXT ORDER FROM www.truenutrition.com order - Use Code RHB606

Comment

I was surprised I didn't have those issues, but we seperated my meals into 18 small feedings. Every hour on the hour. This may have something to do with. Doing this I loaded perfectly and dried out even better.
      1994 Ohio Gran Prix 4th place
      2010 Kentucky State Championships 1st place
      2011 Northern Kentucky 4th place
      2012 Kentucky Grand Prix 1st place
      2014 Francois Classic 3rd place
      2015 Francois Classic 2nd Place

Truenutrition.com
      Use Discount Code AMJ

Comment

Originally posted by Doberman View Post
        I was surprised I didn't have those issues, but we seperated my meals into 18 small feedings. Every hour on the hour. This may have something to do with. Doing this I loaded perfectly and dried out even better.
        I followed something similar to Doberman. I didn't load with any large meals - I was mostly eating rice cakes with PB&J every hour, with a big protein bar thrown in (more like a candy bar, with 30g of sugar :suspiciou)
        2013 NPC Europa Battle of Champions - 1st Figure & Overall
        2013 NPC Rhode Island - 1st Figure
        2012 NPC Emerald Cup - 2nd Figure
        2010 NPC Northwest Championships - 4th Figure

Comment

What if you could make them smell good, would that also solve the problem?

http://metronews.ca/health/4264/bett...f-exit-aromas/
          "Be gentle in what you do, firm in how you do it."
          Buck Brannaman.

"It is the certainty of punishment that deters crime, not the severity of it."
          'Hanging' Judge PARKER

"Nothing is so powerful as an insight into human nature... what compulsions drive a man, what instincts dominate his action... if you know these things about a man you can touch him at the core of his being."
          ~William Bernbach

Comment

Originally posted by breck View Post
            I bought some "Beano" to use at home on high carb days. My wife was ready to kill me. I could only blame the dog for so long.
            Hey breck, does the beano helps with digestion?
            I can't digest carbs, my body hates them, every week, every skipload
            they sit in my stomach for at least two days :/ ain't nice..
            So I was wondering if that actually help the digesting process as well
            or it just gets rid of gas
            "In the church, they say to forgive"
            "Forgiveness is between them and God. It's my job to arrange the meeting"

Comment

I think Beano might be fine precontest, but I might be nervous using it during a final week load. I'd just be concerned about how it might effect absorbsion of carbs and shedding water.
              1994 Ohio Gran Prix 4th place
              2010 Kentucky State Championships 1st place
              2011 Northern Kentucky 4th place
              2012 Kentucky Grand Prix 1st place
              2014 Francois Classic 3rd place
              2015 Francois Classic 2nd Place

Truenutrition.com
              Use Discount Code AMJ

Comment

Originally posted by AutoKal47 View Post
                Hey breck, does the beano helps with digestion?
                I can't digest carbs, my body hates them, every week, every skipload
                they sit in my stomach for at least two days :/ ain't nice..
                So I was wondering if that actually help the digesting process as well
                or it just gets rid of gas
                Not meaning to take this thread too far off track, but have you tried Charcoal? It is a form of insoluble fiber that acts as a deodorizer that can aid digestion and can help alleviate distention and bloating. This may not help if what you are referring to is carb-specific as you may have be experiencing something different, but if it only happens during skip-load when you are taking massive amounts of carbs vice normal servings, it may be worth trying. In other words, do you experience this every time you take carbs, or just during massive amounts such as in skiploads?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Travis View Post
                  Not meaning to take this thread too far off track, but have you tried Charcoal?
                  I second Charcoal
                  ...playing Bingo at the Senior Center :shocked:

Comment

Originally posted by breck View Post
                    Not meaning to take this thread too far off track, but have you tried Charcoal? It is a form of insoluble fiber that acts as a deodorizer that can aid digestion and can help alleviate distention and bloating. This may not help if what you are referring to is carb-specific as you may have be experiencing something different, but if it only happens during skip-load when you are taking massive amounts of carbs vice normal servings, it may be worth trying. In other words, do you experience this every time you take carbs, or just during massive amounts such as in skiploads?
                    Just wondering if the above 2 would work show day without water in the system?
                    Originally posted by Doberman View Post
                    I was surprised I didn't have those issues, but we separated my meals into 18 small feedings. Every hour on the hour. This may have something to do with. Doing this I loaded perfectly and dried out even better.
                    This may work better for me as I tend to graze rather than leave time in between.

Without sounding too graphic, which may be unavoidable lol. Normally every morning bowels are emptied, but show day because of less water in system I find in the past I've been constipated, then as more carbs are added I get gas. If it gets so bad I need the bathroom really urgently, & I mean urgently.

This can be a real big problem when your all tanned up, & your practically sewn into your bikini, & they're calling your number for stage, some guys can get away with the belly but women kinda can't :twitch:

I did think with my water allowance to have a mouthful of coffee on the morning of the show?

Thanks for your help guys

Linny

NABBA Miss World Italy 2013 - 3rd
                    NABBA Miss Universe 2012 - 1st
                    NABBA World Brazil 2011 - 5th
                    NABBA Miss Britain Champion 2011-1st
                    NABBA Universe 2010 Trained Figure- 5th
                    NABBA UK 2010 Trained Figure-1st
                    NABBA England 2010 Trained Figure-2nd

Comment

Eh, I'm a low carber, my carb intake for the week is 30gr a day
                      and only get carbs on my skipload, so yeah I have digestion problems
                      only on that day. Thank you for the suggestion, I'll try that!
                      Last edited by AutoKal47; 05-01-2012, 09:45 AM.
                      "In the church, they say to forgive"
                      "Forgiveness is between them and God. It's my job to arrange the meeting"

Comment

It is a form of insoluble fiber that acts as a deodorizer that can aid digestion and can help alleviate distention and bloating. ?
                        Activated charcoal is a carbon, not to be confused with insoluble fiber. They are 2 different animals. It is however a great absorbent for gases, toxins, poisons and stomach discomforts.
                        Heckman aka "WISE" OLD MAN

Comment

Originally posted by Heckman View Post
                          Activated charcoal is a carbon, not to be confused with insoluble fiber. They are 2 different animals. It is however a great absorbent for gases, toxins, poisons and stomach discomforts.
                          On skipload day, when would you suggest taking the charcoal pills right before/with/or after a meal to comabt the gas?

I also take a bunch of supps. with my meals, would the charcoal pills screw-up the absorbption of the supps. if taken together/around the same time? Thx
                          SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

Originally posted by LG1 View Post
                            On skipload day, when would you suggest taking the charcoal pills right before/with/or after a meal to comabt the gas?

Try to take them at least an hour before you start eating. So like 2 before b-fast, 2 around noon and 2 shortly before you have your last refeed meal. You still may have gas, but it shouldn't be nearly as bad...lol

I also take a bunch of supps. with my meals, would the charcoal pills screw-up the absorbption of the supps. if taken together/around the same time? Thx
                            It could, so give yourself at least an hour to an hour and a half before taking your other supps..or just skip taking them on refeed days..certainly won't hurt. I don't take any supps on my refeed day.
                            Heckman aka "WISE" OLD MAN

Comment

Originally posted by Heckman View Post
                              It could, so give yourself at least an hour to an hour and a half before taking your other supps..or just skip taking them on refeed days..certainly won't hurt. I don't take any supps on my refeed day.
                              Thank you Sir
                              SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

Working...
                              X