X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very interesting article on soy protein

Courtesy of Elite Fitness:
    http://articles.elitefts.com/nutriti...rotein-killer/

I encourage people to read the ENTIRE article, but here is a pertinent excerpt:

Without trypsin, ingested protein will go nowhere except right out the other end. Simply cut out the middle man and flush the protein portion of meals down the shitter. Keep in mind that products exist to circumvent trypsin, like amino acid supplements and hydrolyzed proteins, but everything else gets wasted if something neutralizes trypsin.

Commercial soy products—even isolates and hydrolysates—do just that. They neutralize trypsin (15–19). Obviously, that’s what trypsin inhibitors would do, which places them into a unique category of consumables called anti-nutritive factors by the scientific community. Mull that phrase over for a moment—anti-nutritive.
    Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
    kind of a douche

soy is for babies

Comment

Originally posted by DocT View Post
      soy is for babies
      If you post again like this I'm banning you.
      Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
      kind of a douche

Comment

My questions are these... How ling is trypsin neutralized for? If your body just passes the protein does that not make the caloric content of protein from soy basically zero? IF trypsin is neutralized for a short period of time (and I am saying I don't know if that's true or not) then wouldn't that make soy an excellent diet "meal" cause it will keep the metabolism going yet really yield zero cals from the protein consumed? In theory (if the above is in fact true) wouldn't that make pure soy protein consumption say early in the day, followed by an L.G. style feeding period, an excellent diet option?? All the benefits of I.F. but with none of the hunger some complain of....

I guess the last question would be is it possible that the body adjusts somehow over time cause I have known some pretty muscular vegans that seem to get just about all their protein from soy and according to this article their body should really have no protein to use at all??
        Follow my NEW journal if you please:

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=48304

"They say I'm no good...cause I'm so hood, rich folks do not want me around" 50

"You are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
        Dr. Seuss

I would like to thank all the stupid people of the world. Without you guys I would only be average.

"Tell them bitches get a stick I'm done leading the blind"
        Nicki Minaj

Comment

I've known about soy related trypsin inhibition since I was 12. (No shit) Made a great effort to steer clear of all un-fermented soya products since then, too. I didn't read the above article. But the news isn't new. Dr Mercola has warned people of the dangers of soy for longer than I have been walking.
          Even if the effective utilisation of protein is reduced by only a couple of percent due to soy, isn't it worth avoiding?
          I'd consume an animal over a legume any day.
          TEAM :tea: SKIP

2012 IFBB Australian Grand Prix Novice 4th Place.
          2013 Nabba Victorian Championships Novice 3rd Place.

Comment

yeah, this is something I'd ASSumed for a while if you get my DRIFT. Seriously though, I cut out soy a long time ago (i still indulge in fermented soy sauce and tempeh when I'm eating asian or vegan food) due to the unbearable gas it caused me.

It may be interesting to note that almost EVERY commercial protein bar in major stores have soy protein in them. The ONLY one consistently available and soy free is the Colossal Super Cookie Crunch. Tastes good too as long as they haven't been sitting around too long around changing temperatures, then they get too hard.

My mother has been telling me soy was the devil for years, not sure if this is the reason or not. She's a hippie nutrition freak, and seems to always be right with this stuff...

Comment

Lately, I've been using a 50/50 mix of eqq white and soy (at the request of my HRT Doc) Maybe I should so take this article when I go for my next blood work . So, I quess I need to re-think my next order down the road. Sh*t, I just picked up like 8lbs of that mix,, Anybody want to trade??
              "SET NO LIMITS"

"When the knees hurt you just wrap tighter."-Skip

2015 NPC Supplement Express:
              2014 NPC Sun City Regional:
              2013 NPC Sun City Classic:
              2010 NPC Virginia Grand Prix:
              2002 NPC Western Carolina:
              2002 NPC North Carolina State:

Use Discount Code MMH353..

Comment

Originally posted by v1hyp View Post
                Lately, I've been using a 50/50 mix of eqq white and soy (at the request of my HRT Doc) Maybe I should so take this article when I go for my next blood work . So, I quess I need to re-think my next order down the road. Sh*t, I just picked up like 8lbs of that mix,, Anybody want to trade??
                But if the article is rt shouldn't you be just shitting out all that protein? You should really kinda know if that's happening. If you are drinking this mixture throughout the day... Then shouldn't you be shitting out most of the protein you consume and wasting away to nothing? Is that happening?

"You are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
                Dr. Seuss

I would like to thank all the stupid people of the world. Without you guys I would only be average.

Nicki Minaj

Comment

I know I have read many articles thet stated that soy caused estrogen rise in males or estrogen related effects...I have steered clear of soy for a LOOOONG time....The only time I ate it and really didn't know till later was the Chef Jay Trio plex bars...they were really good until I actually READ the wrappers...lol
                  STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

Originally posted by steel1970 View Post
                    I know I have read many articles thet stated that soy caused estrogen rise in males or estrogen related effects...I have steered clear of soy for a LOOOONG time....The only time I ate it and really didn't know till later was the Chef Jay Trio plex bars...they were really good until I actually READ the wrappers...lol
                    Never really "got" that claim. Oral hormones have to be methylated, a 17aa, etc... For you to be able.to use.them but somehow the plant sterols or whatever in soy raises estro levels?

I just don't buy it...I've seen some well built vegans and pounstone seems to be able to hold a lill muscle while consuming a lot of soy.

Dr. Seuss

Nicki Minaj

Comment

Originally posted by thedunhill225 View Post
                      Never really "got" that claim. Oral hormones have to be methylated, a 17aa, etc... For you to be able.to use.them but somehow the plant sterols or whatever in soy raises estro levels?

I just don't buy it...I've seen some well built vegans and pounstone seems to be able to hold a lill muscle while consuming a lot of soy.
                      Ok, well that's more for the vegans and you then if you want it, cause I still won't be using it....
                      STEEL

Comment

Originally posted by thedunhill225 View Post

Yeah we're not talking about replacing estrogen with soy, like you would with a 17aa.

You are increasing estrogen in the same way that something like tribulus (for a common example) might do.
                        Owner of 316FIT and Team Skip Approved Trainer

Instagram: @jaredragsdale
                        FB: www.fb.com/jared.ragsdale
                        www.316fit.com
                        Email: [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by fade View Post
                          Yeah we're not talking about replacing estrogen with soy, like you would with a 17aa.

You are increasing estrogen in the same way that something like tribulus (for a common example) might do.
                          My understanding was always that the argument about soy raising estro was based on plant sterols converting or mimicking estrogen... Not that there was something in soy that raised estrogen production.

Just going by this article though...shouldn't someone that consumes a lot of soy protein basically be in the same state as someone that consumes almost no protein? Like I asked in my first post, I don't know how long they are claiming the effect lasts for but if someone was regularly consuming soy (like the blend mentioned) would that not (according to the article) basically prevent them from utilizing any protein they consume...at least for some window of time?

Dr. Seuss

Nicki Minaj

Comment

I gotta laugh at your avatar Dun, cause as many times as you GIVE your opinion, I don't ever remember anyone ASKING for it.....
                            STEEL

Comment

Originally posted by steel1970 View Post
                              I gotta laugh at your avatar Dun, cause as many times as you GIVE your opinion, I don't ever remember anyone ASKING for it.....
                              Isn't almost all threads asking for peoples opinions or views? I know when I post a thread that I welcome all honest opinions. Just sayin...

Dr. Seuss

Nicki Minaj

Comment

Working...
                              X