X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to stock up on 1,3-DMAA

http://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsro.../ucm302133.htm

Government keeping us safe yet again.

I just read that link, and I agree with it. The FDA isn't trying to pull DMAA from the market (yet). It is simply slapping the manufacturers for not proving the safety of their product. I, for one, am ALL FOR supplement companies having to show that their product is safe before releasing it. It is ABSOLUTELY not shown that DMAA is "safe" (and reom what I gather it basically isn't, but that's another thread, and I have no problem with a government agency slapping companies for marketing and selling supplements of questionable safety.
    Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
    kind of a douche

Comment

Originally posted by Sammich View Post
      I just read that link, and I agree with it. The FDA isn't trying to pull DMAA from the market (yet). It is simply slapping the manufacturers for not proving the safety of their product. I, for one, am ALL FOR supplement companies having to show that their product is safe before releasing it. It is ABSOLUTELY not shown that DMAA is "safe" (and reom what I gather it basically isn't, but that's another thread, and I have no problem with a government agency slapping companies for marketing and selling supplements of questionable safety.
      It's probably the first step in pulling it from the shelves though, don't you think?

Also, what happened to the laws being that way that FDA had to prove your product wasn't safe, not the other way around? Did they change it back? (See video @ 5:00)

[YOUTUBE]_iLviU9Gapc[/YOUTUBE]
      Last edited by Quadriceps; 04-28-2012, 02:38 AM.

Comment

I will argue your point for you: Shouldn't people be able to do what they want UNLESS It's shown that It's damaging?

And yes, this is almost certainly the first step to a ban.

Originally posted by Quadriceps View Post
        It's probably the first step in pulling it from the shelves though, don't you think?

Also, what happened to the laws being that way that FDA had to prove your product wasn't safe, not the other way around? Did they change it back? (See video @ 5:00)

[YOUTUBE]_iLviU9Gapc[/YOUTUBE]
        kind of a douche

Comment

Originally posted by Sammich View Post
          I will argue your point for you: Shouldn't people be able to do what they want UNLESS It's shown that It's damaging?

And yes, this is almost certainly the first step to a ban.
          They should even though it was shown to be damaging. And I was just wondering what the laws regarding this were.

Comment

In a free society free men should be able to consume what they want. They should of course be able to make an informed decision but if idiots choose to use any substance at all with or without 'proof' of its safety or danger....so be it. It's called thinning the herd. I am not talking about THIS substance in particular because I have no real interest in it, I am talking about ANY substance.
            Follow my NEW journal if you please:

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=48304

"They say I'm no good...cause I'm so hood, rich folks do not want me around" 50

"You are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
            Dr. Seuss

I would like to thank all the stupid people of the world. Without you guys I would only be average.

"Tell them bitches get a stick I'm done leading the blind"
            Nicki Minaj

Comment

Originally posted by thedunhill225 View Post
              In a free society free men should be able to consume what they want. They should of course be able to make an informed decision but if idiots choose to use any substance at all with or without 'proof' of its safety or danger....so be it. It's called thinning the herd. I am not talking about THIS substance in particular because I have no real interest in it, I am talking about ANY substance.
              Yeah. Now if the producer was making false statements regarding the product's safety, it's another story. With a veeery exaggerated example, like marketing Bacillus anthracis as digestive aid.

Ok, this was a stupid example, I just wanted to make it lol.

Comment

Yeah I just grabbed about 300 bottles of some of my more popular pre workouts and fat burners when I saw this yesterday.

This most likely will lead to a recall from the manufacturer and them changing their ingredients.
                Owner of 316FIT and Team Skip Approved Trainer

Instagram: @jaredragsdale
                FB: www.fb.com/jared.ragsdale
                www.316fit.com
                Email: [email protected]

Comment

next on the FDA's list...

Comment

a

wouldn't waste my money

Comment

From what I remember of the threads, people here were mostly fans of it (results-wise I mean, not safety)?
                      PM me to discuss website/video/dvd etc. related work.

Comment

how would one measure out 25mgs of DMAA powder that one would order from truenutrition? gonna stock up on several grams of this stuff.
                        my little journal

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=44981

Comment

weigh the amount of one scoop using a good scale
                          2014 NPC Mr MN State TBD
                          2012 NPC MN state 40+ 1st and 3rd Hvy *Injury :frusty:
                          2012 NPC Gopher State 40+ 1st and 1st SuperHvy
                          2011 NPC Gopher State 40+ 1st and 2nd Open Hvy.
                          2011 NPC Upper Midwest 40+ 1st and Super Hvy 1st
                          2009 Gopher State 4th Hvy and 4th Masters 40+
                          *11 Natural contest 1992-2000 placed top 4 of all
                          88 Natural Mr MN 2nd Teen
                          88 Gopher State 4th Teen Hvy Div 176lbs

Comment

Originally posted by RedSkull View Post
                            From what I remember of the threads, people here were mostly fans of it (results-wise I mean, not safety)?
                            Yeah that is what I read as well that lots of people liked 1,3 Dim. Also isn't it safer than Caffeine? I thought caffeine had more side effects compared to 1,3 Dim unless you take more than what is usually suppose to be ingested.

Comment

Originally posted by j0n020 View Post
                              Yeah that is what I read as well that lots of people liked 1,3 Dim. Also isn't it safer than Caffeine? I thought caffeine had more side effects compared to 1,3 Dim unless you take more than what is usually suppose to be ingested.
                              I've taken a LOT of caffeine, and I've taken a LOT of DMAA. DMAA is a much, MUCH nastier chemical.
                              kind of a douche

Comment

Working...
                              X