Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those who do IF / Lean gains

what protocol do you follow?
    i train at 6:30am, so according to Lean gains i would have to have BCAA's pre, intra and post workout then not have a meal until 12:00. seems like a crappy approach if post workout is the key time to get food in.

does anyone on here follow that approach?

Originally posted by height_11 View Post
    i train at 6:30am, so according to Lean gains i would have to have BCAA's pre, intra and post workout then not have a meal until 12:00. seems like a crappy approach if post workout is the key time to get food in.

You don't have to have BCAA pre/intra/post. You can take some pre, and again 2hrs later or so.

I have trained close to that exact set-up and it was fine. No real issues making gains. Just hit your macros/calories for the day.

I train at night now, but honestly, preferred the fasted morning training.

Comment

thanks, i always feel a bit sluggish trying to slam food in that early, even if its just shakes, so ill trial this for 4 weeks see how i get on.

Comment

I have no issues with it
        Use discount code "SNM815" at checkout to receive 5% off of your ENTIRE order! Which Means 10% off any 15+ lbs of Protien or 16+ Flavour Packs you buy.

Comment

No issues.
          #docswholift
          PGY-1 FM
          "No idea is above scrutiny and no people are beneath dignity." -Maajid Nawaz

Comment

Only problem I have is the head aches but I just started
            Want to save 5% or 10% on your entire order at www.trueprotein.com
            Use discount code JHN125

Come watch me progress in my 5/3/1 journal!

Comment

I've been doing it for years and for the past 2, warrior diet,
              my first meal was 8 hours post workout.
              Altho' I've always taken aminos pre, intra and post, and a lot of them
              Recently switched my wo from morning to late evening due to my schedule,
              I'm still doing warrior diet and while I didn't have any issue with the old protocol
              now my eating window now is immediately post workout and I like it better honestly
              "In the church, they say to forgive"
              "Forgiveness is between them and God. It's my job to arrange the meeting"

Comment

I'm the same way. I did the BCAA thing with the A.M. workouts for about 6 weeks and HATED it. Could never get in the groove and feel good about it. Probably more mental than anything else. Now I lift at noon with BCAA/Stim as I walk into the gym and break fast almost immediately after. 2,000 kcals of clean food has never gone down so well!! Love it.
                Save yourself 5% on all your TRUENUTRITION orders by using discount code MTM281

My Training Log Here at IM

"Success is neither magical nor mysterious. Success is the natural consequence of consistently applying the basic fundamentals." -Jim Rohn

Comment

Originally posted by 7_Deadly_Sins View Post
                  Only problem I have is the head aches but I just started
                  What is your schedule (lifting/eating times)? When are you getting so hungry that it gives you a headache? I usually get to a point around 11am (break fast at 2pm) where I get pretty hungry. I have a cup of coffee with very little creamer in it and it gets me through.

"Success is neither magical nor mysterious. Success is the natural consequence of consistently applying the basic fundamentals." -Jim Rohn

Comment

really interested in IF... was wondering how i would schedule my feeding. i workout around 7pm to 8pm..
                    my little journal

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=44981

Comment

Everything you need to know can be found here http://www.leangains.com/2010/04/leangains-guide.html and then from there its more preference.

Comment

Originally posted by height_11 View Post

I prefer to drink half the BCAA mix PreWO, then the rest intra. Then take BCAA every 2-3 hours till you reach your feast window.

I love lifting fasted, I feel so much better on an empty stomach. Not to mention I get to wake up later since I don't have to make a PreWO meal before I lift in the morning.
                        My log: http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=47064

Comment

Originally posted by mateus View Post
                          What is your schedule (lifting/eating times)? When are you getting so hungry that it gives you a headache? I usually get to a point around 11am (break fast at 2pm) where I get pretty hungry. I have a cup of coffee with very little creamer in it and it gets me through.
                          eat from 4 pm to 12 am
                          lift at 9

head aches pretty much from when I get up until I eat it seems, coffee helps though.
                          Want to save 5% or 10% on your entire order at www.trueprotein.com
                          Use discount code JHN125

Come watch me progress in my 5/3/1 journal!

Comment

Originally posted by mateus View Post
                            Everything you need to know can be found here http://www.leangains.com/2010/04/leangains-guide.html and then from there its more preference.
                            thanks for that. figured out that 2 preworkout meals is perfect for me.
                            my little journal

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=44981

Comment

I've been meaning to get back on the IF bandwagon. I did it a couple years ago during my first contest prep and did like it.

Sorry for this being slightly off topic to the thread, but has anyone noticed nausea when first starting out? I'm always extremely hungry when I wake up, to the point of nausea. That's what's keeping me from trying IF again. Coffee just makes it worse too.
                              2013 NPC Europa Battle of Champions - 1st Figure & Overall
                              2013 NPC Rhode Island - 1st Figure
                              2012 NPC Emerald Cup - 2nd Figure
                              2010 NPC Northwest Championships - 4th Figure

Comment

Working...
                              X