Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First 13 Weeks of DC Training and have a Question

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • First 13 Weeks of DC Training and have a Question

    Discovered DC training in December and have done a 13 week cycle following all principals of training religously. Did 15 breath rests, 20 second negatives and brutal stretches.

    Am 44, have poor genetics and have trained on and off for 20 years but have made really sold gains in strength in first 13 weeks.

    Question is,:

    When do I have a break?

    Am starting to get sore joints and feel I need a break. If I take a week off now, do I resume back at the current exercise or change them around? And do I resume reps and weight for each exercise back at the last workouts levels or ease back in. with reduced weights?

    Thanks in advance for input.
    "if you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything..."

    On board TEAM SKIP
    .

  • #2
    Originally posted by proplanner View Post
    Discovered DC training in December and have done a 13 week cycle following all principals of training religously. Did 15 breath rests, 20 second negatives and brutal stretches.

    Am 44, have poor genetics and have trained on and off for 20 years but have made really sold gains in strength in first 13 weeks.

    Question is,:

    When do I have a break?

    Am starting to get sore joints and feel I need a break. If I take a week off now, do I resume back at the current exercise or change them around? And do I resume reps and weight for each exercise back at the last workouts levels or ease back in. with reduced weights?

    Thanks in advance for input.
    The highlighted above makes me think that you did not read the DC stickies HERE, at this site.....Also, the question you ask is covered, a multitude of times here....

    But, to answer your question, there is no set time frame for you to start a cruise....13 weeks is a long blast, and quite honestly, at 41 years old myself, I have no clue how you've lasted this long if you are truly finding the intensity needed to train DC properly. Most guys, especially our age, will cruise "proactively", as Skip put it to me....I do this as well. I will cruise BEFORE I start feeling beat up. You kinda know as an training vet when you are going to start feeling things, like the aches and pains, joint issues,etc. If you want to stay healthy, you should cruise before things go down hill. You may still be progressing, but at our age this way may be better for us over the long haul.

    When I come back off a cruise, I usually reset my weight to about halfway in my rotation, at the minimum, at least 2 rotations back...this way I feel strong and the rep ranges are higher, and it allows me to move up in weight rather quickly as the reps drop a bit, and then soon you will be past your previous stopping weights.....

    Also, on the highlighted above, you do NOT need a 20 second negative....I have no idea where you read that, but the negative portion of the movement is simply CONTROLLED so that if needed, you could reverse direction.....if you are advanced, there is a static that you could do on your final rep. I don't know if that's what you are talking about, but again, no time is etched in stone......
    STEEL




    "SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by proplanner View Post
      20 second negatives
      For each rep? Or do you mean at the end of the set you aim for a 20 second static hold?

      Comment


      • #4
        The second negative is actually an attempted static and is on the final rep of the last rest pause set. Just that the static turns into a negative. Read this protocol on www.DC-training. Blogspot.Com.Au

        Thanks for advice steel1970. Exciting to be making progress again even if it hurts. Put ten kilos and five reps onto my incline press over the blast.

        Will go on a "cruise" and reset back to half of last rotation.

        Apologies ,did a search on site of "training cycles "and didn't find what I was looking for.. ...

        Cheers from Brisbane Australia!

        Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
        "if you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything..."

        On board TEAM SKIP
        .

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by proplanner View Post
          The second negative is actually an attempted static and is on the final rep of the last rest pause set. Just that the static turns into a negative. Read this protocol on www.DC-training. Blogspot.Com.Au

          Thanks for advice steel1970. Exciting to be making progress again even if it hurts. Put ten kilos and five reps onto my incline press over the blast.

          Will go on a "cruise" and reset back to half of last rotation.

          Apologies ,did a search on site of "training cycles "and didn't find what I was looking for.. ...

          Cheers from Brisbane Australia!

          Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
          Just do yourself a favor....This site is the official site for DC Training, therefore, what you read here in the stickies is the actual correct data.....Other sites copy and paste things and sooner or later, you have a watered down or different version of the original....It would do you great justice if you went thru the stickies here, and planned your training out accordingly from the info here....

          Good luck!
          STEEL




          "SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by proplanner View Post
            The second negative is actually an attempted static and is on the final rep of the last rest pause set. Just that the static turns into a negative. Read this protocol on www.DC-training. Blogspot.Com.Au
            I only asked that question to see what it actually was that you were doing, as I suspected a miscommunication. I think both steel and I interpreted your original post as you doing a 20 second negative for each repetition.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by FRANK_KOVACIC View Post
              I only asked that question to see what it actually was that you were doing, as I suspected a miscommunication. I think both steel and I interpreted your original post as you doing a 20 second negative for each repetition.
              Lol....yeah, I was thinking static, but you NEVER know with the way done have really butchered what I consider to be fairly easy reading....lol
              STEEL




              "SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by FRANK_KOVACIC View Post
                I only asked that question to see what it actually was that you were doing, as I suspected a miscommunication. I think both steel and I interpreted your original post as you doing a 20 second negative for each repetition.
                Yep, re reading OP it does read like 20 sec negative each rep. My mistake.

                Have read lot of the stickies now and getting lots of answers to my questions.
                "if you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything..."

                On board TEAM SKIP
                .

                Comment


                • #9
                  .....
                  Last edited by trucelt; 04-27-2012, 08:05 PM. Reason: dont be a douche.
                  :preach:

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Crap I read that the same way, and assumed it was 20 second negative each set...I just imagined since most people don't know what they're doing, at least you weren't doing it like that.

                    As others have said, read them there stickies on THIS forum. All others are just copy cats that water it down for one reason or another. I've talked to many people that come from other forums that have some bat shit crazy idea of what DC is, or how to do it properly.
                    …Time is so precious….and you need to ask yourself, what are you going to do today but more importantly, you need to ask yourself – how are you going to do it?

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X