PT's, ever heard of this treatment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PT's, ever heard of this treatment?

Basically they're using ultrasound to heal bipartite patella, which is a broken or unfused kneecap. I've never heard of this before, and can't find anyone online who has attempted this treatment. If it works, it could be my best, non-surgical option for healing my knee.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18055207

Bone union of painful bipartite patella after treatment with low-intensity
    pulsed ultrasound: Report of two cases
    Abstract
    We report two cases of painful bipartite patella in which bone union was achieved after treatment with low-intensity pulsed ultrasound. Bothpatients were 13-year-old males. Each received ultrasound (SAFHS®, EXOGEN) for 20 min a day. The interval between the onset of pain and ultrasound treatment was between 2 and 4 months. The patellar pain disappeared within two months after treatment in both cases. Bone union was seen radiographically at 4 months. Low-intensity pulsed ultrasound is a non-invasive treatment that appeared to be helpful in the management of two patients with painful bipartite patella.
    Wanna save 5% on your trueprotein orders? Use my code! CTN001

I honestly have not hurt of pulsed US being used for this. However, could be worth a shot based on the abstract. I did not read the full article but could interlibrary loan it to look further.

My biggest question with the study is how long the subjects had a bipartite patella since it sounds like yours is more chronic if I understand you correctly?
    "Being tired isn't the same as being rich, but most times it's close enough" Chuck Palahnuik

"The richest man is not he who has the most, but he who needs the least"

Comment

Working...
    X