Author in Power Magazine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Author in Power Magazine

I was in the shixtter at my gym and was reading Power Magazine (July '11 issue I think).

There was an article in there about the benefits of skipping breakfast and training while fasted. The author claimed he was very unpopular on the internet due to his out of the box protocol. I would like to re-read that article under less duress circumstances (haha). The concept seemed radical...he did suggest some whey protein/MCT supps prior to training. If anyone knows his name or can find that article I would appreciate the link and/or info.
    Thx Fellas
    Family Guy but also; Old School SoCal, punk rock loving, powerlifting, hardcore gym rat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtLQ73EutoY

You could always shoot Mark Bell an email, I'm sure he would be happy to help you get a copy of the article.
    Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
    kind of a douche

Comment

Ive heard of some guy named martin Berkhan who's big on intermittent fasting and caloric restriction. Not sure if that's who your talking about or not. There is a ton of research done on that type of stuff. They say it increases longevity by lightening food-energy processing which in turn reduces wear and tear on cellular machinery. It's popular amongst the hardcore life extension crowd. I'm somewhat interested mainly because I'm pursuing a degree in genetic engineering.

Comment

Thx fellas I found it, not the exact article but very close here:

http://articles.elitefts.com/nutriti...t-2-breakfast/
        Family Guy but also; Old School SoCal, punk rock loving, powerlifting, hardcore gym rat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtLQ73EutoY

Comment

Originally posted by Swaminator View Post
          I was in the shixtter at my gym and was reading Power Magazine (July '11 issue I think).

There was an article in there about the benefits of skipping breakfast and training while fasted. The author claimed he was very unpopular on the internet due to his out of the box protocol. I would like to re-read that article under less duress circumstances (haha). The concept seemed radical...he did suggest some whey protein/MCT supps prior to training. If anyone knows his name or can find that article I would appreciate the link and/or info.
          Thx Fellas
          Guess that would not make it a fasted training session then, would it?
          2014 NPC Mr MN State TBD
          2012 NPC MN state 40+ 1st and 3rd Hvy *Injury :frusty:
          2012 NPC Gopher State 40+ 1st and 1st SuperHvy
          2011 NPC Gopher State 40+ 1st and 2nd Open Hvy.
          2011 NPC Upper Midwest 40+ 1st and Super Hvy 1st
          2009 Gopher State 4th Hvy and 4th Masters 40+
          *11 Natural contest 1992-2000 placed top 4 of all
          88 Natural Mr MN 2nd Teen
          88 Gopher State 4th Teen Hvy Div 176lbs

Comment

Originally posted by CJ Hartley View Post
            "Perception is reality, the facts are negotiable..." lol
            PM me to discuss website/video/dvd etc. related work.

Comment

I agree perception is reality, but facts are facts, non-negotioable...
              2014 NPC Mr MN State TBD
              2012 NPC MN state 40+ 1st and 3rd Hvy *Injury :frusty:
              2012 NPC Gopher State 40+ 1st and 1st SuperHvy
              2011 NPC Gopher State 40+ 1st and 2nd Open Hvy.
              2011 NPC Upper Midwest 40+ 1st and Super Hvy 1st
              2009 Gopher State 4th Hvy and 4th Masters 40+
              *11 Natural contest 1992-2000 placed top 4 of all
              88 Natural Mr MN 2nd Teen
              88 Gopher State 4th Teen Hvy Div 176lbs

Comment

Originally posted by Swaminator View Post

Thx Fellas
                Check out Chis Duffin's Blog, he's a great Powerlifter, was multiply for a while and just killed it at a raw meet as well. Has an article on fasting methods:

www.kabukiwarrior.com/

Think he just went [email protected] RAW
                For Training Inquiries go see the HNIC [email protected] anything else is uncivilized

Comment

What were his raw numbers?
                  PM me to discuss website/video/dvd etc. related work.

Comment

Originally posted by redskull View Post
                    what were his raw numbers?
                    738-469-738?............ guess the last digit right and call me for a good time

Ah macho, you sooooo funny..........actually it's 850-902-????
                    Last edited by DCBliever; 04-14-2012, 04:22 PM.
                    For Training Inquiries go see the HNIC [email protected] anything else is uncivilized

Comment

Originally posted by DCBliever View Post
                      738-469-738?............ guess the last digit right and call me for a good time

Ah macho, you sooooo funny..........actually it's 850-902-????
                      I'm here all week................ 7548
                      2010 NPC North Star

Comment

Originally posted by Macho Man View Post
                        I'm here all week................ 7548
                        nope

Comment

Originally posted by CJ Hartley View Post
                          My bad on the wording,...just looking for the article. I don't get emotionally invested in anyones writings or point of view (unless they are commies LOL). Just like to read what they have to say and then make my own decisions. This was "out of the box" from what I have previously seen so I wanted to get a chance to re-read more thoroughly whilst not dropping a bombski.

Comment

It was John Kiefer

Comment

Working...
                            X