Body temperature and metabolism....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body temperature and metabolism....

So i was recently sent a couple links explaining how you can see whether your metabolism has crashed by taking your temperature. ordered a thermometer and have been keeping track today to see how im doing. Not well at all. according to the temperatures on the links my temperature for most of this morning has been in the 'you be fucked / 15-20% reduction catagories. so definitely undereating.

just wondered if anyone else on here has used this method before to track their metabolism and help with weight loss.

links:
    http://www.ironaddicts.com/forums/sh...hed+metabolism

http://www.ironaddicts.com/forums/sh...ght=metabolism

some people tend to naturally run cooler than others...
    what time are you taking your temp.? Have you tried to take your temp. in the late afteroon/early evening?
    SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

I noticed last year when I over dieted that I was cold all the time (just how I felt, I wasn't regularly monitoring.) This was odd because for as long as I can remember I've been a hot natured person.

Comment

People's normal temperatures can vary greatly. Your best bet is to monitor for a set period and establish a baseline. You can then use that to gauge metabolic response to dieting, cardio and thermogenics.

In the absence of any other hypometabolic signs or symptoms I wouldn't worry about slightly low temps.
        Last edited by Adam2433; 04-13-2012, 01:02 PM.
        Journal http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=51093

Comment

And the best way to get an accurate temp is to monitor it rectally.....Macho agrees that this is the most fun also.....I don't know though, last time my doc did this his pants were down and the thermometer hurt......
          STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

yer i plan on taking it a few times a day for the next 7 days, taking it every morning, just before lunch and mid afternoon, to get an idea of whats going on at the minute. i do find this quite interesting though.

Comment

Maybe you could get your thyroid checked (TSH, T3, T4) if you're worried. Free on the NHS and wont be a problem if you have a half decent GP...
              PM me to discuss website/video/dvd etc. related work.

Comment

I take mine every morning this prep just to see how it changes. I normally run low, but I average 96.4
                2005 HOA Natural Classic
                2006 OCB Midwest
                2007 ABA Natural Illinois
                2008 HOA Natural Classic
                NPC Mid-Illinois
                NPC Midwest Open
                NPC Natural Grand Prix
                2012 NGA Clash of the Titans
                USPA Illinois State
                NGA Heart of America
                NGA Clash of the Titans

SAVE 5% ON YOUR NEXT ORDER FROM www.truenutrition.com order - Use Code RHB606

Comment

Originally posted by RedSkull View Post
                  Maybe you could get your thyroid checked (TSH, T3, T4) if you're worried. Free on the NHS and wont be a problem if you have a half decent GP...

You don't have any issues obtaining a full thyroid panel? Lucky.
                  #docswholift
                  PGY-1 FM
                  "No idea is above scrutiny and no people are beneath dignity." -Maajid Nawaz

Comment

Originally posted by nexa View Post
                    You don't have any issues obtaining a full thyroid panel? Lucky.
                    Yeah, I can't speak for anyone else here, but I just basically told them I wanted it testing and they did.
                    PM me to discuss website/video/dvd etc. related work.

Comment

Originally posted by RedSkull View Post
                      Yeah, I can't speak for anyone else here, but I just basically told them I wanted it testing and they did.
                      Yeah, I was allowed a TSH and denied the full thyroid panel and his reasons for it were "one day you'll learn all about it in medical school little girl." I wasn't in the mood to argue.
                      #docswholift
                      PGY-1 FM
                      "No idea is above scrutiny and no people are beneath dignity." -Maajid Nawaz

Comment

Originally posted by steel1970 View Post
                        And the best way to get an accurate temp is to monitor it rectally.....Macho agrees that this is the most fun also.....I don't know though, last time my doc did this his pants were down and the thermometer hurt......
                        I use to enjoy it, until you let your ass bush grow out of control
                        2010 NPC North Star

Comment

Originally posted by Macho Man View Post
                          I use to enjoy it, until you let your ass bush grow out of control
                          You said you wouldn't mention that in here.....damn, nothing's private anymore.....
                          STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

Let me jump in here. As a LPN, ive seen this issue with some of our hypothyroid patients prior to a dosage adjustment. We dont actually take temps, but this is an indicator of reduced thyroid production and basal body temp. Please note that your physcian will order any labs that you request (may have to pay out of pocket if your insurance dosent cover it. Ask for TSH and FREE T4, not thyroxine. Thyroxine levels only indicate the amount bound to proteins in the blood...not necessarily related to your metabolic rate. Normal free T4 is between 0.7 to 2.0. If its lower, your going into hypo. For patients, with graves, we do a free T4 and a serum T3. This is your best bet. If you are under 70...not good.

Comment

Originally posted by DensitY View Post
                              Let me jump in here. As a LPN, ive seen this issue with some of our hypothyroid patients prior to a dosage adjustment. We dont actually take temps, but this is an indicator of reduced thyroid production and basal body temp. Please note that your physcian will order any labs that you request (may have to pay out of pocket if your insurance dosent cover it. Ask for TSH and FREE T4, not thyroxine. Thyroxine levels only indicate the amount bound to proteins in the blood...not necessarily related to your metabolic rate. Normal free T4 is between 0.7 to 2.0. If its lower, your going into hypo. For patients, with graves, we do a free T4 and a serum T3. This is your best bet. If you are under 70...not good.
                              I know the OP is in the UK where the system is different but here in the states no physician is ordering any labs in the absence of any actual signs or symptoms other than a slightly low temp.
                              Journal http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=51093

Comment

Working...
                              X