Anyone ever experience this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever experience this?

This has happened before in the past, and actually was a problem for me a few years ago, before I got healthy again.

Last nite I hit a shake before bed. My kids are home from school, and my son wanted me to sleep on our couch with him (we have a big sectional). I must have fallen right asleep. Wake up a few hours later, choking, burning in my chest. Seems my reflux acted up in the nite, and I aspirated (I don't know if this is the correct term). I sucked acid and food into my airway and seemingly into my lungs. This is VERY painful and irritating. My lungs still are not clear yet today. I have felt like shit all day due to my sleep being fucked up too.

Like I said, this used to happen often when I was not training and basically very unhealthy for awhile. It's been pretty dormant over the past few years, only happening a handful of times, but this plays on my mind big time, cause I literally feel like I could die if I inhale alot.....

Anyone else deal with this at all?
    STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Man sorry about all that for real. Research reflux and HCL, and organic apple cider vinegar (bragg's to be exact) and how it affects reflux. Peace...Griff.

Comment

Thanks....
      STEEL

Comment

Yep,
        it happens to me sometimes when I go to bed/lay down when not enough
        time passed after my last meal, especially if I drank a lot of water with or after it.
        Unfortunately is pretty common for me since I eat all my meals
        late night in a 4 hours window (warrior diet here), I'm so used to it now, i'm sleeping, suddenly wake up, panic for one second 'cause it seems you're gonna throw up, and go back to sleep the second after it.
        I can also tell you that I got checked recently, stomach (gastroscopy), kidneys, ultrasound, etc.. and everything was *perfect*
        Just to say, in my case what's causing it is just laying down with food and liquid in my stomach.
        "In the church, they say to forgive"
        "Forgiveness is between them and God. It's my job to arrange the meeting"

Comment

Prilosec is your friend. I used to sleep elevated up on pillows my reflux was so bad, it would come up tying my shoes. Now, I can eat whatever i want and no reflux.

Comment

That sounds awful. However I don't think your aspirating stomach contents, atleast I hope your not. Stomach acids are strong enough to burn through teeth enamel. As a medic our geatest concern when someone is being resucatated is them aspirating any vomitus. As this severley declines chances of return of spontaneous brearhing. However I'm not sure on what amount is fatal but I have to figure that even the smallest amount is damaging. Which is why I doubt you are aspirating anything. Are you having any trouble breathing?

I have a remedy for acid reflux that has worked for two family members. Eating an apple before bed time and another if you feel any symptoms rising through out the day will fix any pain associated with reflux. I wont cure the reflux but it will keep you from feeling any burning sensation.

I know you in the middle of a.prep but its something that you might consider now or down the road.
            How long can you go without believing in YOURSELF, before you are officially dead!

This isn't "Tea-Time Relaxy-Muscle", this is INTENSE Muscle. Bring something to the table or don't fucking show up. - Sammich

Comment

Originally posted by steel1970 View Post
              I literally feel like I could die if I inhale alot.....

Anyone else deal with this at all?
              lol...I only laugh cause I know exactly what you are talking about...I get it a couple times a month and you are right, it feels like you are going to die while gasping for air...I end up taking a liquid antacid when it happens and that calms it down..
              Heckman aka "WISE" OLD MAN

Comment

Originally posted by maddzz View Post
                Prilosec is your friend. I used to sleep elevated up on pillows my reflux was so bad, it would come up tying my shoes. Now, I can eat whatever i want and no reflux.
                It's hit or miss with me with Prilosec. Works at times, may give it another shot....

Originally posted by p2geo View Post
                That sounds awful. However I don't think your aspirating stomach contents, atleast I hope your not. Stomach acids are strong enough to burn through teeth enamel. As a medic our geatest concern when someone is being resucatated is them aspirating any vomitus. As this severley declines chances of return of spontaneous brearhing. However I'm not sure on what amount is fatal but I have to figure that even the smallest amount is damaging. Which is why I doubt you are aspirating anything. Are you having any trouble breathing?

I have a remedy for acid reflux that has worked for two family members. Eating an apple before bed time and another if you feel any symptoms rising through out the day will fix any pain associated with reflux. I wont cure the reflux but it will keep you from feeling any burning sensation.

I know you in the middle of a.prep but its something that you might consider now or down the road.
                It does suck...no trouble breathing, although clearing the junk from my chest is awful. Someone else said apple cider vinegar, so we may be on to something with the apple....Thanks alot...

Originally posted by Heckman View Post
                lol...I only laugh cause I know exactly what you are talking about...I get it a couple times a month and you are right, it feels like you are going to die while gasping for air...I end up taking a liquid antacid when it happens and that calms it down..
                It does suck, and I've only had it a few times in the last year. This is the only time I remember thus far this year....I think it's more because I happened to go right to bed after eating.....
                STEEL

Comment

I get this when I do humongous skiploads, I woke up last month choking with acidic sick coming down my nose, thought I was going to die. Taking HCL tablets really has helped

NABBA Miss World Italy 2013 - 3rd
                  NABBA Miss Universe 2012 - 1st
                  NABBA World Brazil 2011 - 5th
                  NABBA Miss Britain Champion 2011-1st
                  NABBA Universe 2010 Trained Figure- 5th
                  NABBA UK 2010 Trained Figure-1st
                  NABBA England 2010 Trained Figure-2nd

Comment

Sleep apnea can cause this, it did for me. Cpap machine cleared it up over time

Before I was diagnosed with apnea, I was on a presciption medication that worked well, but wasz able to come off after a while on the cpap.

Not saying you have apnea, but u should go to the doctor they have soo many drugs out now for this problem. They will find one the works for ur specific issue

Comment

Originally posted by Lin1 View Post
                      I get this when I do humongous skiploads, I woke up last month choking with acidic sick coming down my nose, thought I was going to die. Taking HCL tablets really has helped
                      It truly is horrible when this happens, although I guess I'm lucky in that it's never come outta my nose...lol

Originally posted by steve302 View Post
                      Sleep apnea can cause this, it did for me. Cpap machine cleared it up over time

Before I was diagnosed with apnea, I was on a presciption medication that worked well, but wasz able to come off after a while on the cpap.

Not saying you have apnea, but u should go to the doctor they have soo many drugs out now for this problem. They will find one the works for ur specific issue
                      I have to be checked for sleep apnea, just have no insurance right now. My wife swears I have it by my breathing patterns while sleeping, but I'm not sure if she could truly be able to tell from that....In either case, I def need to look into it....
                      STEEL

Comment

I remember reading something awhile back that taking an enzyme with your meals can help prevent heartburn.. Something about the PH of the stomach being off and it's usually not acidic enough - so antacid is the opposite of what is truly desired long-term.

Just a thought, I have no idea if it is correct. I do know that I suggested this to my dad when he eats chipotle - because he always gets heartburn.. No more heartburn.

What you are describing is not exactly the same thing, and honestly I am grossed out just thinking about it.

Thanks.
                        Owner of 316FIT and Team Skip Approved Trainer

Instagram: @jaredragsdale
                        FB: www.fb.com/jared.ragsdale
                        www.316fit.com
                        Email: [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by fade View Post
                          I remember reading something awhile back that taking an enzyme with your meals can help prevent heartburn.. Something about the PH of the stomach being off and it's usually not acidic enough - so antacid is the opposite of what is truly desired long-term.

Just a thought, I have no idea if it is correct. I do know that I suggested this to my dad when he eats chipotle - because he always gets heartburn.. No more heartburn.

What you are describing is not exactly the same thing, and honestly I am grossed out just thinking about it.

Thanks.
                          What type of enzyme? Sorry to gross you out...lol
                          STEEL

Comment

Originally posted by steel1970 View Post
                            What type of enzyme? Sorry to gross you out...lol
                            I just used a blend of enzymes.. NOW foods makes one called Super Enzymes. It has a big blend of things in there.

I think Dusty mentioned using the Platinum Enzymes from NOW.. not sure though.
                            Owner of 316FIT and Team Skip Approved Trainer

Instagram: @jaredragsdale
                            FB: www.fb.com/jared.ragsdale
                            www.316fit.com
                            Email: [email protected]

Comment

Sorry to hear this happens but glad to have stumbled upon it.. If i do any kind of carb load or cheat meal with something that is not clean i am suffering the next day with this exact thing for most of the day.. I will have to try the HCL.. Good luck with this issue, sounds really awful..

Comment

Working...
                              X