Thought this was worth sharing.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thought this was worth sharing.....

MaxxMuscle/Anth from the banner above, training with Dorian's training partner in Blood and Guts, Leroy. Thought there might be some interest......

Part 1-
    http://mdtv.musculardevelopment.com/...th-bailes.html

Part 2-
    http://mdtv.musculardevelopment.com/...-part-two.html

Part 3-
    http://mdtv.musculardevelopment.com/...art-three.html
    PM me to discuss website/video/dvd etc. related work.

This reminds me of watching John Meadows train. Great Videos. If you really watch you can see why this type of training is so productive. You literally are forcing the body to adapt. On a side note to all of this; Over the course of the last year I've really felt I've gotten a grasp about how intensity, progression, and building muscle are all related. Talking with and and watching John has solidified some of my thoughts. Some of it is just common sense, some of it is knowing when to get "crazy", and at other times, it is knowing when to back off. I respect the "Blood and Guts" approach, but I prefer a more cycled approach. Even with DC training where you have a cruise or "deload" period I feel as I get older I need more variation in training to keep progressing, but also to stay healthy.
    1994 Ohio Gran Prix 4th place
    2010 Kentucky State Championships 1st place
    2011 Northern Kentucky 4th place
    2012 Kentucky Grand Prix 1st place
    2014 Francois Classic 3rd place
    2015 Francois Classic 2nd Place

Truenutrition.com
    Use Discount Code AMJ

Comment

Definitely worth it. Thank you.

Comment

Doberman -
        Are you talking about a mapped out plan with room for auto regulation?
        '17 USAPL Chicago Raw
        17 AAU Super Total
        '16-AAU Hi
        '15-USPA Metro
        '15-USPA State
        '15-AAU HI
        '14-AAU HI
        '14-USPA Metro
        '14-WABDL Sonny's
        '14-USPA State
        '14-HI Strongman
        '13-USPA
        '13-WABDL Sonny's
        '13-USPA State
        '13-AAU HI
        '11-USPA Metro
        '10-NPC Stingrey
        '09-NPC Islands
        '09-NPC Stingrey
        '09-ABA Islands
        '02-ABA Islands
        '02-ABA IronWorks
        '01-NPC Paradise Cup
        '01-ABA Olympia
        '01-ABA Islands
        '00-NPC Nat.Tri-State
        '00-INBF Musclefest
        '98-NGA Ill
        '98-INBF Ohio

Comment

Good stuff, Redskull. Thanks for sharing.
          Last edited by Daniel7908; 04-08-2012, 03:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by trucelt View Post
            Doberman -
            Are you talking about a mapped out plan with room for auto regulation?
            Yes, exactly. I feel like if you are going all out every workout without room for variation then you run into problems. I also feel like if you have a "main" goal in mind each workout and achieve it by slightly different means then you can avoid problems with out stalling on you progress and having injuries. Your main goal doesn't always have to be more weight and it doesn't have to be the same exercises as the last workout. This is truly out-of-the-box bodybuilding. A lot of this is based on the experience of the trainee and knowing when and how to change the intensity of a session. I wish I could be more descriptive of this, but I'm still getting a hang of it myself to some extent. I will know more about the specifics of Mountain Dog when we get into it this offseason. I'd like to throw up a video diary of my training and progress, but we will see how that goes.

Currently my idea of this type of training has been hitting a workout one time with a certain focus and using a certain intensity technique, then the next workout for that muscle group hitting the muscle with a different emphasis and different intensity technique. I may not come back to the original workout for a while, but I know that when I do I need to do better or work harder when I hit that workout the next time. Here is the twist; it may not be exactly the same workout, but the emphasis will be the same and 1 or more exercises will be the same, but not necessarily all of them. This is confusing to write out in print. You almost just sort of have to experience it.

Truenutrition.com
            Use Discount Code AMJ

Comment

Well, maybe we could start a new thread to talk about the radical wonders of Mountain Dog Training. LOL Just messing with you, Dave.

Comment

Yeah sorry about that. I do appreciate Heavy Duty training and these videos are a great demonstration of that. I think as long as you remember that you need to back off from time to time they cam be good as well.

Redskull, is there anything in particular that you noticed from these workouts that you thought was unique or different from other Heavy Duty or HIT style workouts?

Truenutrition.com
                Use Discount Code AMJ

Comment

After watching again I do like how you get to see that even though you'd consider it HIT training you see that doesn't necessarily mean 1 set. You can have multiple warm ups until you hit that main killer set, but the warm ups can look like work sets to most people. I can see why the alley has a dedicated puking zone.

Truenutrition.com
                  Use Discount Code AMJ

Comment

Originally posted by Doberman View Post

Redskull, is there anything in particular that you noticed from these workouts that you thought was unique or different from other Heavy Duty or HIT style workouts?
                    Shit, I didn't know there was gonna be a test. hehe I haven't watched that many tbh. Seems quite similar to the old Yates video.

Comment

Thanks for posting those up Chris....

I think these days,everyone seems to overthink things a little.A muscle basically stretches and contracts.Find the Movements that you feel work best for you in this respect....what gives the bodypart you are working the best stretch/contraction,get in the gym,Pick a weight up,lift as many times as you can with strict form,hit it hard,put it back down,get out and recover.Sure....you cant train ALL OUT all the time with any routine.You will start to Burn out a little....both Mentally and Physically.When this happens,back off and get back to pushing 100% when you feel ready again.

Everyone is different when it comes to Volume / Frequency etc.I will say this....after owning a Gym for almost 10 years.Most trainees do way too much volume,and too little effort / intensity is applied ! Lots of guys are lazy these days....especially the younger trainees.The work ethic just isnt there i feel...

obviously i did over simplify the above,but sometimes it just needs to be broken down to what it is.I see guys doing all this weird stuff,and making zero progress ! The basic principles have worked pretty well for many years !

The workout with Leroy was very motivating.He has the same attitute...In,hit it,get out ....with lots of shouting in between

Comment

Originally posted by maxxmuscle View Post
                        Thanks for posting those up Chris....

I think these days,everyone seems to overthink things a little.A muscle basically stretches and contracts.Find the Movements that you feel work best for you in this respect....what gives the bodypart you are working the best stretch/contraction,get in the gym,Pick a weight up,lift as many times as you can with strict form,hit it hard,put it back down,get out and recover.Sure....you cant train ALL OUT all the time with any routine.You will start to Burn out a little....both Mentally and Physically.When this happens,back off and get back to pushing 100% when you feel ready again.

Everyone is different when it comes to Volume / Frequency etc.I will say this....after owning a Gym for almost 10 years.Most trainees do way too much volume,and too little effort / intensity is applied ! Lots of guys are lazy these days....especially the younger trainees.The work ethic just isnt there i feel...

obviously i did over simplify the above,but sometimes it just needs to be broken down to what it is.I see guys doing all this weird stuff,and making zero progress ! The basic principles have worked pretty well for many years !

The workout with Leroy was very motivating.He has the same attitute...In,hit it,get out ....with lots of shouting in between
                        I totally agree. I hope I didn't come off as criticizing the training routine. Far from it. I actually like this type of Heavy Duty training. I just do it with a slight variation. Not a huge difference, just personal preference. Like I said these videos were highly motivating and give a little more insight into what these training sessions really look like. Once again great videos. Everyone in the video were beasts.

I was curious, from beginning to end how long did the workout take?

Truenutrition.com
                        Use Discount Code AMJ

Comment

I've been using autoregulation period for a while for powerlifting or should I say powerbuilding. Heavy and hard and backing off when burn out occurs like maxxmuscle said, I honestly don't think he oversimplified it at all. Get in, get intense and get out. Find exercises and rep ranges that work for you. non-linear periodization is another good way to go along the lines of what Doberman was saying. Just food for thought, may be way off from what Chris was originally posted but I'm on a sugar high from easter and you can't bring me down, lol.
                          For Training Inquiries go see the HNIC [email protected] anything else is uncivilized

Comment

Originally posted by DCBliever View Post
                            Just food for thought, may be way off from what Chris was originally posted...
                            Well, I can't really say anything given the amount of times I've randomly posted George Michael's Careless Whisper in threads on here.

Comment

Originally posted by RedSkull View Post
                              Well, I can't really say anything given the amount of times I've randomly posted George Michael's Careless Whisper in threads on here.
                              lol
                              For Training Inquiries go see the HNIC [email protected] anything else is uncivilized

Comment

Working...
                              X