Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP: Ideas for PROTEIN only meals!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • HELP: Ideas for PROTEIN only meals!

    Hi,

    I would really appreciate any advice on this. I am in dire need of some variation to my current meals, in particular to my Protein only meal. At the moment, I use two options:

    a. Boiled chicken breast / Hard boiled egg whites mixed with mushrooms, cauliflower and cabbages. I spice it with chilli powder from crushed dried red chillis and add salt. It tastes okay. Stir frying it with some olive oil definately makes it a whole lot better but I use that for the Pro/Fat meals.

    b. Protein pancakes made with casein and egg whites.

    This gets pretty damn boring. I like the protein pancakes better but I like using more whole foods in my daily diet. Does anyone have ideas for Protein only meals with veggies other than what I have posted above?

    Thank you in advance.

    SH

  • #2
    Originally posted by superhuman111 View Post
    Hi,

    I would really appreciate any advice on this. I am in dire need of some variation to my current meals, in particular to my Protein only meal. At the moment, I use two options:

    a. Boiled chicken breast / Hard boiled egg whites mixed with mushrooms, cauliflower and cabbages. I spice it with chilli powder from crushed dried red chillis and add salt. It tastes okay. Stir frying it with some olive oil definately makes it a whole lot better but I use that for the Pro/Fat meals.

    b. Protein pancakes made with casein and egg whites.

    This gets pretty damn boring. I like the protein pancakes better but I like using more whole foods in my daily diet. Does anyone have ideas for Protein only meals with veggies other than what I have posted above?

    Thank you in advance.

    SH


    I'd make this more often if I had a food processor.. the texture of the cauliflower "rice" really makes all the difference.

    http://articles.elitefts.com/nutriti...ty-cauli-rice/

    Hope this helps.
    #docswholift
    PGY-1 FM
    "No idea is above scrutiny and no people are beneath dignity." -Maajid Nawaz

    Comment


    • #3
      Good one. I was looking for something for my "Down Day" of eating and that fits the bill perfect.
      1994 Ohio Gran Prix 4th place
      2010 Kentucky State Championships 1st place
      2011 Northern Kentucky 4th place
      2012 Kentucky Grand Prix 1st place
      2014 Francois Classic 3rd place
      2015 Francois Classic 2nd Place

      Truenutrition.com
      Use Discount Code AMJ

      Comment


      • #4
        That's interesting! Thanks!!


        Sent from SuperHuman's Phone using Tapatalk

        Comment


        • #5
          I only have dessert-like recipes and some are protein/fat but anyway, here's some:

          CHIOCOLATE PB APPLE CINNAMON MUFFINS W/TOPPING
          1 scoop chocolate protein powder
          1/2 tsp. baking powder
          1 tsp. NuStevia (no carb blend)
          2 tbsp. fat free Greek yogurt
          2 egg whites
          1tbs PB (optional)
          Grinded Apple (optional, to tase)
          STIR

          Topping:
          Grinded Almonds
          Cinnamon
          NuStevia
          bake @ 350 DEGREES 12 MIN ca.

          Protein Bars
          10gr of dried, grated coconut
          1 and 1/2 cup of chocolate whey of your choice
          2 egg whites (spill a lil yolk)
          1/4 cup fat free greek yogurt
          1 - 1/2 tsp baking powder
          Mix dry ingredients
          Mix eggs and greek yogurt and add to the dry ingredients

          Preheat oven to 350, bake for 3/5 minutes (tip: you want to take the thing out before
          it looks done, otherwise they will come out dry)

          PROTEIN NUKE
          1/2cup water
          2 scoops whey
          1 egg white
          microwave for 1minute and 50 seconds

          PROTEIN ROLLS
          1 scoop protein
          1 egg white
          Cinnamon (optional)
          mix in a coffe mug (important for the cylinder shape and cooking time)
          Microwave for 45 seconds
          Turn upside down and cut the cylinder in half
          optional topping with sugar free jelly or greek yogurt or natty PB


          Carb Free Cheescake

          125gr Fat free cream cheese (or fat free greek yogurt)
          1 eggs white
          3 tbs double cream (liquid whipping cream, not sweetened)
          1 tsp NuStevia (no carb blend)
          1/2 scoop protein (vanilla works best, use choc for a "spin off" also goo)
          You can add some nuts granola to the mixture (I find pistachos to go well with it)

          Preparation:
          oven at 350 degrees, for 25/30 minutes
          Tip: if you want to avoid the cake to "crack" and to burn
          the edges use a glass or ceramic pan, put baking paper and pour the mixture in it,
          and most important use the "water bath", put the pan on a (bigger than the pan)
          backing sheet and put some water (just enough to cover the surface) in it,
          it will prevent the cheesecake to form cracks and dry out too much.
          "In the church, they say to forgive"
          "Forgiveness is between them and God. It's my job to arrange the meeting"

          Comment


          • #6
            Depending on how much spice you use on your eggs, this might be something to try:

            http://www.amazon.com/Sambal-Oelek-C.../dp/B000JMDHCC
            #docswholift
            PGY-1 FM
            "No idea is above scrutiny and no people are beneath dignity." -Maajid Nawaz

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by nexa View Post
              Depending on how much spice you use on your eggs, this might be something to try:

              http://www.amazon.com/Sambal-Oelek-C.../dp/B000JMDHCC
              Nexa, siracha is also awesoem on eggs and IMO, is a little less spicy than the sambal (and easier to use).

              For a protein only meal, what about beef or game meat? Lean ground beef (you can even drain the meat to reduce fat content) mixed in with eggs and some spices and you can make something like a meat pancake. You also do meat/egg scambles.

              Another option is to make a meatloaf or mini meat muffins in a muffin tin with just eggs/egg whites, meat, spices, and some condiments (worchestire sauce, A1, low carb ketchup, pamesan cheese, soy sauce...).
              Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

              Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

              2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
              2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
              2015 Beat Cancer!

              Comment


              • #8
                Fresh chicken salad. Try taking some freshly cooked chicken breasts and put them in a food processor to chop up (a blender may work too). For some reason it seems to chop up better while still warm. If you want just protein try a scoop or 2 on a salad with red wine vinegar. You can also make it real chicken salad with some olive oil mayonaise, or even just a little plain olive oil to make it stick together some.
                -KidRok-
                "...because I won't accept that I can't."


                www.https://Truenutrition.com/
                5% OFF with Discount Code "FXL222"

                https://www.facebook.com/hopsfitnessxl

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by KidRok View Post
                  Fresh chicken salad. Try taking some freshly cooked chicken breasts and put them in a food processor to chop up (a blender may work too). For some reason it seems to chop up better while still warm. If you want just protein try a scoop or 2 on a salad with red wine vinegar. You can also make it real chicken salad with some olive oil mayonaise, or even just a little plain olive oil to make it stick together some.
                  Instead of mayo, you can use Greek Yogurt to reduce the fat content. You can also add chopped hard boiled egg whites and some sugar free relish.
                  Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

                  Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

                  2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
                  2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
                  2015 Beat Cancer!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
                    Nexa, siracha is also awesoem on eggs and IMO, is a little less spicy than the sambal (and easier to use).

                    Using a spoon to scoop some paste out vs. squirting it out of a bottle?

                    I have both in my kitchen, but have been reaching for the paste more as of late. A drop or two of sriracha to kick up my PB a notch is also tasty. *waits for typical ewwww response*
                    #docswholift
                    PGY-1 FM
                    "No idea is above scrutiny and no people are beneath dignity." -Maajid Nawaz

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by nexa View Post
                      Using a spoon to scoop some paste out vs. squirting it out of a bottle?

                      I have both in my kitchen, but have been reaching for the paste more as of late. A drop or two of sriracha to kick up my PB a notch is also tasty. *waits for typical ewwww response*
                      I dunno, for me sambal is more of a condensed kick, whereas siracha is easier to spead the heat. That is kind of what I was going with by saying easier.

                      I actually mix siracha with PB and bake chicken with it! BANG then use a Greek yogurt, PB, siriacha "sauce" to dip or spread on the chicken after it is done.

                      There shall be no typical "ewww" response here. We're on the same page with that spicy PB kick! If you get some Aisian 5 Spice seasoning and mix it with the PB and Siracha prior to baking you will get an incredibly aromatic delicious tasting piece of meat.
                      Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

                      Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

                      2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
                      2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
                      2015 Beat Cancer!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by nexa View Post
                        I'd make this more often if I had a food processor.. the texture of the cauliflower "rice" really makes all the difference.

                        http://articles.elitefts.com/nutriti...ty-cauli-rice/

                        Hope this helps.
                        Thanks for that post. Will have to try that.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Rotisserie chicken (remove skin, duh), hot peppers (any kind you like), and walden farms mayo

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
                            I dunno, for me sambal is more of a condensed kick, whereas siracha is easier to spead the heat. That is kind of what I was going with by saying easier.

                            I actually mix siracha with PB and bake chicken with it! BANG then use a Greek yogurt, PB, siriacha "sauce" to dip or spread on the chicken after it is done.

                            There shall be no typical "ewww" response here. We're on the same page with that spicy PB kick! If you get some Aisian 5 Spice seasoning and mix it with the PB and Siracha prior to baking you will get an incredibly aromatic delicious tasting piece of meat.

                            :high5:

                            If WF mayo is anything like their honey mustard dressing... oy vey.
                            #docswholift
                            PGY-1 FM
                            "No idea is above scrutiny and no people are beneath dignity." -Maajid Nawaz

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by nexa View Post
                              :high5:

                              If WF mayo is anything like their honey mustard dressing... oy vey.
                              I haven't had the honey mustard yet, but I won't be buying the mayo again. Olive oil mayo will do for my diet. Adding hot sauce makes it so it can be moist w less mayo. You can use mustard as well...but it won't be a good idea for those worried about sodium intake.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X