deadleg rehab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deadleg rehab

Any suggestions on rehab for deadleg? Saturday a recieved a descending shin kick to the top of my left thigh. Figured it was just a Charlie horse and would begone by the next day. Nope, hurts like Hell still. Any thoughts on how long I should keep it wrapped and iced? When should I be able to resume squating? Etc.
    Overtraining should be one of the lowest concerns. You should focus on optimal training.
    -John Ceasar

A shin kick straight to the meat of your thigh could really do a lot of damage. Mostly bruising, but the extent of which I have no idea. How's the leg looking? If it's been a few days you can likely switch over to heat wraps to help move that bruising along and to speed up the healing by getting good blood in there.
    Wanna save 5% on your trueprotein orders? Use my code! CTN001

Comment

Originally posted by chris.tan View Post
      A shin kick straight to the meat of your thigh could really do a lot of damage. Mostly bruising, but the extent of which I have no idea. How's the leg looking? If it's been a few days you can likely switch over to heat wraps to help move that bruising along and to speed up the healing by getting good blood in there.
      No bruising on surface. Damage is down near the bone. I think the swelling has gone down. I probably will switch to heat. Still hurts
      Overtraining should be one of the lowest concerns. You should focus on optimal training.
      -John Ceasar

Comment

I took a new straight to the heart of the quad a while back. My first 2 days including immediately after were ice and aleve. I use ice 20 on and at least 20 off. I also took aleve 4 pills 3 or 4 times a day. You have to try and stretch it throughout the day and it should progressively get better.

Comment

^^^^^ today is the first day I've been able to stretch it much. It's getting better though, first few days felt like my quads were torn in half.
          -John Ceasar

Comment

Yep, that's what you have to do sir.

Comment

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0002204/

Doesn't sound like you're in trouble, but we recently had a local hockey player end up with compartment syndrome after a knee to his thigh...probably not far off from the type of injury you experienced. At least have a read.
              "no bulking, no cutting, no bullshit. Just training for being a motherfucker" -- Jim Wendler

"No fucking lifter is hardcore. Hardcore is taking shrapnel in the ass fighting for your country. We're lifting weights." -- Dave Tate

Check out my Journal

Comment

Originally posted by BB85 View Post
                http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0002204/

Doesn't sound like you're in trouble, but we recently had a local hockey player end up with compartment syndrome after a knee to his thigh...probably not far off from the type of injury you experienced. At least have a read.
                Nasty stuff there, glad I didn't read that a few days ago when the pain was real bad.

The wiki page on said it could be associated with creatine use.
                http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compartment_syndrome
                Last edited by lhart6272; 03-22-2012, 07:53 PM.
                -John Ceasar

Comment

Working...
                X