Is it too much...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it too much...

Is it too much to do morning cardio (about an hour) and then lift in the evening, and then back to morning cardio the next day?

I figure on lifting MWF (decided on the 5x5) and I am already doing the cardio in the mornings. I have a teenage friend of the family that is getting ready for Navy reserve basic training this summer, and wants me to help her workout. She goes to a different gym, so now I have 2 memberships lol.

Anyhow, I decided to do the 5x5 and have her work with me, but doing different stuff. I am just wondering if its ok this early in my working out to be doing doubles? Or am I going to just burn out, get frustrated and quit? I am making myself get up an go tomorrow, cause I need to.

Basically, I am asking what kind of schedule is good for a (beginner I guess).

Nope.
    Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
    kind of a douche

Comment

Nope x 2.
      TEAM :tea: SKIP

2012 IFBB Australian Grand Prix Novice 4th Place.
      2013 Nabba Victorian Championships Novice 3rd Place.

Comment

no.
        '17 USAPL Chicago Raw
        17 AAU Super Total
        '16-AAU Hi
        '15-USPA Metro
        '15-USPA State
        '15-AAU HI
        '14-AAU HI
        '14-USPA Metro
        '14-WABDL Sonny's
        '14-USPA State
        '14-HI Strongman
        '13-USPA
        '13-WABDL Sonny's
        '13-USPA State
        '13-AAU HI
        '11-USPA Metro
        '10-NPC Stingrey
        '09-NPC Islands
        '09-NPC Stingrey
        '09-ABA Islands
        '02-ABA Islands
        '02-ABA IronWorks
        '01-NPC Paradise Cup
        '01-ABA Olympia
        '01-ABA Islands
        '00-NPC Nat.Tri-State
        '00-INBF Musclefest
        '98-NGA Ill
        '98-INBF Ohio

Comment

Assuming your recovery's on point (food, supps, sleep) you should be fine.

If you eat like a bird, smoke/drink more than occasionally, stay up late, etc. Then you might run into problems. Heed my experience.

You'll know pretty easily and quickly...not progressing on numbers, no appetite, getting the cold more frequently, trouble sleeping, etc.
          Max Muscle
          5020 Katella Ave.
          Los Alamitos, CA 90720
          www.MaxMuscleLosAlamitos.com

Comment

Originally posted by theroymccoy View Post
            drink more than occasionally, stay up late, etc. Then you might run into problems. Heed my experience.
            shit
            Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
            kind of a douche

Comment

Originally posted by Sammich View Post
              shit
              :drunk:
              Max Muscle
              5020 Katella Ave.
              Los Alamitos, CA 90720
              www.MaxMuscleLosAlamitos.com

Comment

If you eat like a bird, smoke/drink more than occasionally, stay up late, etc. Then you might run into problems. Heed my experience.

You'll know pretty easily and quickly...not progressing on numbers, no appetite, getting the cold more frequently, trouble sleeping, etc.
                Thanks for this i honestly though that would be too much but guess a clean and healthy lifestyle makes it easier!

Comment

Well, let me say that I don't eat like a bird, or smoke. I do drink a beer here and there, but if I do its on the weekend. I am usually in bed by 11:30 and it makes it hard to get up at 5:30!

Either way, thanks for the answers. I was tired as hell this morning, but I dragged my ass to the gym for 50 min cardio. My legs feel all wobbly from the squats last night and walking is really fun! lol

Comment

Originally posted by Caramon View Post
                    Basically, I am asking what kind of schedule is good for a (beginner I guess).

How do you feel about your workout schedule?
                    #docswholift
                    PGY-1 FM
                    "No idea is above scrutiny and no people are beneath dignity." -Maajid Nawaz

Comment

Originally posted by nexa View Post
                      How do you feel about your workout schedule?
                      Right now? it hurts haha! I am not sure really though. I have never done 2 workouts in a day before (cardio morning, weights night). I think for me the best way is to play it by ear. I may not be able to do it 3x a week at the start, but I hope to be able to up the frequency as time goes on.

I think I will play it by ear, and see how my body feels. Granted, the first few weeks I think I will feel like shit...weak and wobbly, until my body adapts. Hopefully after that it won't be so painful!

Comment

Working...
                      X