Diet-Any Help Appreciated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diet-Any Help Appreciated

Anyway, I am pretty new to this. I started working out around 2 months ago. Got my training established and now its off to diet. I've been looking around dieting advice and trying to come up with something on my own, plans are to get a trainer somewhere in the future but right now it is just me. Heres kind of what I have been doing. Plan on adding some other items to my diets such as pork tenderloin, yams, brown rice, and some different fishes. Anyway here it goes :

Meal 1:
    1 serving Team Skip Protein Shake
    5 Free Range Eggs
    Apple

Meal 2:
    10 oz chicken-Free Range
    Veggies either Asparagus, Broccoli or Green Beans

Meal 3:
    8 Oz Beef-Going to try to pick up some grass fed

Meal 4:
    10 ounce Beef-Going to try to pick up some grass fed

Cup Of either White Rice/Lentils/Potato

Workout

Meal 5:
    2 servings team skip protein Shake
    2 pieces of fruit

Sleep

Trying to keep my calories around 2500-2700. Im trying to lose fat at the moment. Currently not doing any cardio as it just makes me hungry and i have been having a hard time sticking to my calories if I do cardio.

Thanks

Before anyone can give you advice, they will most likely want to know your height/weight/current bf % if known, etc...

Good luck with your goals and welcome to IM, the members here are definitely willing to help as long as you are willing to help yourself as well.

Comment

I am far from the pros that are here, but what type of fruit are you eating? Different fruits contain different amounts of sugars. I know when I dropped all my sugars from fruits and such I dropped some stubborn fat around my lower back. Also what is the spacing between meals? Try not to leave it for longer then around 3 hours from the previous meal to get food in as this also helps prevent your body from storing it as fat. If you need more meals adding a shake here and there is very easy to do without being filling. that's just my 2cents, also are you using any supplements? What is your current weight and size and what are your goals?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Travis View Post
        Before anyone can give you advice, they will most likely want to know your height/weight/current bf % if known, etc...

Good luck with your goals and welcome to IM, the members here are definitely willing to help as long as you are willing to help yourself as well.
        Hi, thanks!

Currently 6' 238 pounds...bout 25 percent body fat :pizza:.

Comment

Originally posted by kunimitsu View Post
          I am far from the pros that are here, but what type of fruit are you eating? Different fruits contain different amounts of sugars. I know when I dropped all my sugars from fruits and such I dropped some stubborn fat around my lower back. Also what is the spacing between meals? Try not to leave it for longer then around 3 hours from the previous meal to get food in as this also helps prevent your body from storing it as fat. If you need more meals adding a shake here and there is very easy to do without being filling. that's just my 2cents, also are you using any supplements? What is your current weight and size and what are your goals?
          Bananas, Apples, Pears.. stuff like that. Definitely flexible with that and pretty much anything in my diet.

Spacing is about 3 hours. As far as supplements I use Fish Oil, Multivitamin, and whey. As far as goals I want to lean out,probably like 8-10 gain muscle by doing so as much as possible and then adding muscle after that and take it from there.

Comment

[QUOTE=kunimitsu;947452] Also what is the spacing between meals? Try not to leave it for longer then around 3 hours from the previous meal to get food in as this also helps prevent your body from storing it as fat. [ QUOTE]

Really? Any research or data to back this up?
            -2013 USAPL Michigan State Championships 198lb Raw Mens Open, 1st Place (1217 total)
            -2013 USAPL Texas State Championships
            198 Raw Mens Open, 2nd place (1216 total)
            -2012 USAPL Longhorn Open
            198 Raw Mens Open, 1st place (1177 total)
            -2012 USAPL Aggie Showdown
            198lb Raw Mens Open, 2nd place (1137 total)

Comment

Personally I would get rid of the carbs at breakfast and add them to your post workout meal to help more with recovery, and holding onto muscle... keep the carbs lower the rest of the day, then have them pre/peri/post workout (mostly peri/post).

That's just my opinion though. If you are losing fat, and keeping your muscle/strength then keep on trucking, if not, then adjust.
              -2013 USAPL Michigan State Championships 198lb Raw Mens Open, 1st Place (1217 total)
              -2013 USAPL Texas State Championships
              198 Raw Mens Open, 2nd place (1216 total)
              -2012 USAPL Longhorn Open
              198 Raw Mens Open, 1st place (1177 total)
              -2012 USAPL Aggie Showdown
              198lb Raw Mens Open, 2nd place (1137 total)

Comment

Should get some carbs in the morning, body is in starvation mode after sleeping and protein is not as readily digested as carbohydrates. Spacing three hours is good but not for te reason stated. You want to keep your blood sugar level thoughout the day and a steady stream of food is typically better than a flood.

Comment

I have not ate morning carbs in a very long time. My energy levels are fine from start to finish of the day. Skip the apple in the morning with your eggs.
                  Whats the fat content of the beef? Add cardio, it will speed up the process a lot. Your going to be hungry some times, suck it up and eat more green vegies to fill up. Add a 6th meal.
                  2014 NPC Mr MN State TBD
                  2012 NPC MN state 40+ 1st and 3rd Hvy *Injury :frusty:
                  2012 NPC Gopher State 40+ 1st and 1st SuperHvy
                  2011 NPC Gopher State 40+ 1st and 2nd Open Hvy.
                  2011 NPC Upper Midwest 40+ 1st and Super Hvy 1st
                  2009 Gopher State 4th Hvy and 4th Masters 40+
                  *11 Natural contest 1992-2000 placed top 4 of all
                  88 Natural Mr MN 2nd Teen
                  88 Gopher State 4th Teen Hvy Div 176lbs

Comment

[QUOTE=bbjeff86;947575]
                    Also what is the spacing between meals? Try not to leave it for longer then around 3 hours from the previous meal to get food in as this also helps prevent your body from storing it as fat. [ QUOTE]

Really? Any research or data to back this up?
                    Diet myth 1: Only eat when you're hungry.
                    Diet facts: Researchers at the National Weight Control Registry (NWCR) report that spacing food evenly throughout the day is key to weight-loss success. People who eat healthy food at regular intervals, starting with breakfast, are better nourished, think more clearly and report fewer mood swings than those who eat erratically. source -
                    http://www.shape.com/weight-loss/wei...facts-revealed

Why You Need to Eat Every 3 hours. Eating every day at the same time will make you hungry each day at the same time. More benefits:
                    Fat Loss. You'll get hungry if you go without food for more than 3 hours. And this can make you overeat at the next meal, preventing fat loss.
                    source -
                    http://stronglifts.com/eat-every-3-h...eal-frequency/

They were the 1st two links after doing a google search for me, reading both will back up my theory. Of course everyones body is different and different approaches work best for different people, but their are general things that most incorporate. Eating every 3 hours isn't a miracle weight loss idea, but eating consecutively throughout the day, same time daily and the right foods will definately help your body with fat problems.

Personally I find it easier to eat with the same spacing between meals for every meal because my day (sleeping patterns due to work) changes very frequently. As stated I am very far from the experts around here. Just trying to help out

Comment

[QUOTE=kunimitsu;947713]
                      Originally posted by bbjeff86 View Post

Diet myth 1: Only eat when you're hungry.
                      Diet facts: Researchers at the National Weight Control Registry (NWCR) report that spacing food evenly throughout the day is key to weight-loss success. People who eat healthy food at regular intervals, starting with breakfast, are better nourished, think more clearly and report fewer mood swings than those who eat erratically. source -
                      http://www.shape.com/weight-loss/wei...facts-revealed

Why You Need to Eat Every 3 hours. Eating every day at the same time will make you hungry each day at the same time. More benefits:
                      Fat Loss. You'll get hungry if you go without food for more than 3 hours. And this can make you overeat at the next meal, preventing fat loss.
                      source -
                      http://stronglifts.com/eat-every-3-h...eal-frequency/

They were the 1st two links after doing a google search for me, reading both will back up my theory. Of course everyones body is different and different approaches work best for different people, but their are general things that most incorporate. Eating every 3 hours isn't a miracle weight loss idea, but eating consecutively throughout the day, same time daily and the right foods will definately help your body with fat problems.

Personally I find it easier to eat with the same spacing between meals for every meal because my day (sleeping patterns due to work) changes very frequently. As stated I am very far from the experts around here. Just trying to help out
                      While eating every three hours is pretty standard practice, and may very well ramp up the metabolism and help burn fat, I don't think it's wise to say that your body won't store your previous meal as fat.....that depends on too many variables, regardless of what studies you post. I've stored fat over the past year, and all my meals are 2.5-3 hours apart, every day, other than refeeds. Can it help keep you lean? Sure, if your diet is correct....but there are other ways as well, and if I'm correct, I'm thinking BBJeff is one who uses fasting protocols in his diet.....there are far more than one way to lose body fat, as well as many different variables involved in the fat loss process.....Eating frequent small feedings is one avenue for success, while spacing out meals further and incorporating fasting has also shown to be effective.....it all depends on what is best for your situation, and what is most effective for your body.....
                      STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

Steel, what you just said is exactly what I was saying. I never said if you eat every 3 hours you will not store fat, I said it helps... I also said that different bodies work in different ways and there are many different approaches. I totally agree with you and you have said the same thing as me, just in a different way.

Comment

the strong lifts guy is a terrible guy to use as a source for info.
                          he's just really good at SEO and has taken that to his advantage.

and if i remember correctly, he pretty much just took SS and added a whole bunch of stiff to it. pretty much like me taking Dante's 2 way split, adding some extra volume to it, and Calling it THE ULTIMATE MUSCLE BUILDING PROGRAM.

Comment

Steel, what you just said is exactly what I was saying. I never said if you eat every 3 hours you will not store fat, I said it helps... I also said that different bodies work in different ways and there are many different approaches. I totally agree with you and you have said the same thing as me, just in a different way.
                            Okay, well my reading comp skills aren't terribly great....lol. I took it as you believed that was the ONLY way you wouldn't store fat....
                            STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

Working...
                            X