Big Dave Smith- 12 weeks out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Dave Smith- 12 weeks out

Pictures shown are actually 13 weeks out, but this weekend I'll be 12.

Weight- 265
    Height- 5'9
    Target- NPC Atlantic States and NPC Junior Nationals

Things are shaping up really well for this journey. I attribute my gains to guys like Dante Trudel, Shelby Starnes, Scott Stevenson, Dave Palumbo, and John Meadows. I haven't worked directly with John, but I've stolen a BUNCH of his ideas. The rest have pretty much given me the best info possible, so thank you.

Dante has laid out the training routine with very specific details. Shelby is helping me with getting lean. I'm lucky to have these guys in my corner.

I'll start posting more in this board. I've slacked off for a while. If anybody has any questions or needs help with anything, shoot me a PM or get me on Facebook. John Meadows said it best when we met. People have often helped me without asking much in return. The best I can do is help others in the same way.

If you want to see training videos or what what my prep is like, I'm most likely going to start a video blog soon. Suggestions are welcomed.

Let me know what you guys think. I'll be growing into this show for sure. I've had a habit of doing that for the past few years. I anticipate 6 plate squats for reps in the near future.

Stay tuned!
    Attached Files
    TRUE PROTEIN SPONSORED ATHLETE

"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man..." -HST

WWW.TRUEPROTEIN.COM

THIS IS THE ONLY PLACE I GET SUPPLEMENTS.

CURRENTLY USING...
    AUGMENT
    NO-RELOAD
    COLD FILTRATION WHEY ISOLATE BANANA
    SLEEP-AID
    CISSUS
    WAXY MAIZE

"There he goes, one of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live. Too rare to die."

Looking solid for 12 weeks out! Keep us posted on your progress. I can only imagine what your end result will be :first:
    2013 NPC Europa Battle of Champions - 1st Figure & Overall
    2013 NPC Rhode Island - 1st Figure
    2012 NPC Emerald Cup - 2nd Figure
    2010 NPC Northwest Championships - 4th Figure

Comment

Looking pretty awesome and still 3 months to go! Thanks for sharing. Motivational for sure. Keep up the great work and good luck...

Comment

DAMN!! You are holding some serious beef, and you'll be GROWING into the show??? Must be nice! lol. Good luck with everything....
        STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

Yup, that's the plan. My body usually hits some pretty crazy numbers in the gym betweeen 5-10 weeks out, then I have to take it easy because things start to wear me down. In the spring, I was around 5 weeks 3 days out in this video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRNxF...93AUAAAAAAACAA

I'd really like to get a set of 8 this year with that weight.

WWW.TRUEPROTEIN.COM

CURRENTLY USING...
          AUGMENT
          NO-RELOAD
          SLEEP-AID
          CISSUS
          WAXY MAIZE

"There he goes, one of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live. Too rare to die."

Comment

Originally posted by Musclehed View Post
            Yup, that's the plan. My body usually hits some pretty crazy numbers in the gym betweeen 5-10 weeks out, then I have to take it easy because things start to wear me down. In the spring, I was around 5 weeks 3 days out in this video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRNxF...93AUAAAAAAACAA

I'd really like to get a set of 8 this year with that weight.
            Dang nice deep squats with awesome form!:first:

Comment

Looking sick especially for this far out. Where do you train out of if you don't mind me asking?
              1994 Ohio Gran Prix 4th place
              2010 Kentucky State Championships 1st place
              2011 Northern Kentucky 4th place
              2012 Kentucky Grand Prix 1st place
              2014 Francois Classic 3rd place
              2015 Francois Classic 2nd Place

Truenutrition.com
              Use Discount Code AMJ

Comment

Right now, I split my time between LA Fitness in Indianapolis and a private powerlifting gym. I'm moving back east in a week or two near Philadelphia in the suburbs.

WWW.TRUEPROTEIN.COM

CURRENTLY USING...
                AUGMENT
                NO-RELOAD
                SLEEP-AID
                CISSUS
                WAXY MAIZE

Comment

Right now, I split my time between LA Fitness in Indianapolis and a private powerlifting gym. I'm moving back east in a week or two near Philadelphia in the suburbs.
                  I thought you were up in the Philly area not long ago, weren't you? I'm in South Jersey.....what suburb you moving to?
                  STEEL

Comment

Bucks County, PA. I wound up moving to Indianapolis for a job and a few other reasons. I thought the grass was greener, so I went for it. Turns out I should have kept what I had. Now I'm starting a new chapter in life.

WWW.TRUEPROTEIN.COM

CURRENTLY USING...
                    AUGMENT
                    NO-RELOAD
                    SLEEP-AID
                    CISSUS
                    WAXY MAIZE

Comment

Bucks County, PA. I wound up moving to Indianapolis for a job and a few other reasons. I thought the grass was greener, so I went for it. Turns out I should have kept what I had. Now I'm starting a new chapter in life.
                      Lol, don't feel bad, I've been starting a new chapter in my life a few times in the last couple years.....and I'm a tad older than you....lol
                      STEEL

Comment

Wait... You call yourself "Big Dave"?
                        "You can't be the fastest or the strongest but you can always work the hardest." - Jim Wendler

"Failing is nothing more than inexperience" - Jim Wendler

"You won't have to rotate squats and deadlifts, but do them both and thus get more fucking awesome every week" - cooltom

Comment

What city? I am in Morrisville and lift at the oxford valley LA Fitness.

Comment

looking BEASTLY......
                            John Meadows
                            CSCS, CISSN
                            Creator of the Mountain Dog Diet
                            www.mountaindogdiet.com

Comment

Originally posted by SkinnyMike42 View Post
                              What city? I am in Morrisville and lift at the oxford valley LA Fitness.
                              I train at North Wales LA Fitness and Body Dynamics in Southampton.

WWW.TRUEPROTEIN.COM

CURRENTLY USING...
                              AUGMENT
                              NO-RELOAD
                              SLEEP-AID
                              CISSUS
                              WAXY MAIZE

Comment

Working...
                              X