Needles in face - any ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Needles in face - any ideas?

So the past few months I have been noticing I get an insane amount of needles in my face almost similar to a beta alanine tingle after I eat certain big meals. I have finally narrowed it down to chicken. Whenever I eat 3 or more ounces of chicken I get many needles in my face. The more chicken, the more discomfort. The tingles even go into my hands sometimes.

I am trying to figure out if this is a niacin flush, or a food allergy that developed over time.

Why would I not get a niacin flush from chicken before? Why is it happening now?

Can people get allergic to foods over time? What are the symptoms of a food allergy?

what other foods have a high amount of niacin?

after googling what foods have niacin I have noticed that tuna and peanut butter are high. I eat a bunch of tuna and peanut butter and do not get this feeling.

anyone have any ideas what is going on? has anyone experienced this?

it happens about 20-30 minutes after eating chicken, and lasts for up to an hour depending how much I eat.

Comment

Never heard of this, I did get tingles when taking Mesomorph the pre-workout though. I loved the tingles

Comment

Is there any chance you're eating so hard you are stabbing yourself in the face with the fork?
        Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
        kind of a douche

Comment

How are you cooking/preparing/seasoning your chicken? What type of chicken is it? Is it organic, etc...

Comment

There is an alergy that stems from chicken serum albumin, which is present in chicken meat as well as eggs (not sure how much though). Some common symtoms of this allergy are:

The most common symptoms are:
            -Hives (may appear locally or spread across the entire body)
            -Watery eyes
            -Lip and tongue swelling
            -Itchiness and tingling around the mouth

Does this sound like it might be the cause?
            Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
            2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
            2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Is it fresh chicken or is it the frozen bulk? Sometimes, depending on the brand, they put in preservatives and other flavorings ect that could be contributing to your problem. Maybe you have a sensitivity to that.

Try eating different types/brands of chicken.

Comment

I thought this was going to be asking if it's ok to inject into the face.
                PM me to discuss website/video/dvd etc. related work.

Comment

Originally posted by RedSkull View Post
                  I thought this was going to be asking if it's ok to inject into the face.
                  Only in the jaw muscles.
                  Owner of 316FIT and Team Skip Approved Trainer

Instagram: @jaredragsdale
                  FB: www.fb.com/jared.ragsdale
                  www.316fit.com
                  Email: [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
                    There is an alergy that stems from chicken serum albumin, which is present in chicken meat as well as eggs (not sure how much though). Some common symtoms of this allergy are:

The most common symptoms are:
                    -Hives (may appear locally or spread across the entire body)
                    -Watery eyes
                    -Lip and tongue swelling
                    -Itchiness and tingling around the mouth

Does this sound like it might be the cause?
                    none of this is happening. It feels identical to beta alanine tingles.

as for the preparation of it. It happens with frozen, and fresh chicken. It doesn't matter how I prepare it, simply eating chicken gives me the effect.

I started noticing it a few months ago when I would put about 7 ounces of fresh or frozen (depending on what I had at the time) chicken into a pan with veggies, noodles, and honey garlic sauce.

I noticed it again when making my own home made pizza and putting about 7 ounces of fresh chicken on it.

Next I had some from a Chinese restaurant and same thing happened.

Then last night I had a salad with chicken on it from boston pizza.

They only put about 3 ounces of chicken on the salad and in the chinese food and that is when I noticed the tingles were about half as bad when eating less.

Comment

http://collider.com/wp-content/uploa...c10040177.jpeg

Comment

LOL, that's the first image that came to my mind when I first saw sssystems thread title

Comment

Originally posted by Caramon View Post
                          LOL, that's the first image that came to my mind when I first saw sssystems thread title
                          quit fucking around and give me some advice or direction or shared experiences!

lol

Comment

Aside from this being some type of food allergy, I have no fucking idea what could cause this. It is possible to develop the allergy over time... and rather than having the tingles in your lips, maybe you have it in your whole face and just never have any other symptoms.

Check with your insurance and see about getting an allergy test done. It takes several hours but may solve your problems as to what is wrong.
                            Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
                            2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
                            2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Originally posted by syssstem View Post
                              quit fucking around and give me some advice or direction or shared experiences!

lol
                              Well, you could always live in a puzzle box which points to a different realm.

Comment

Working...
                              X