Random Bruising?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random Bruising?

Hey everyone. Does anyone get random bruises?
    I often get bruising on a calf that gets worse after training calves. And since I train calves 3 days per week one is always black and blue. I also have one on my right tricep that is worse today after push yesterday.
    I haven't been hit or smacked them on anything, they just appear. It's a bit worrying, to be honest.

I dropped my aspirin and fish oil intake over the last few weeks for other reasons but the bruising isn't any less.

Anyone else experience this?
    TEAM :tea: SKIP

2012 IFBB Australian Grand Prix Novice 4th Place.
    2013 Nabba Victorian Championships Novice 3rd Place.

Are you taking a multivitamin?

Comment

Originally posted by MusclesAreSexy View Post
      Hey everyone. Does anyone get random bruises?
      I often get bruising on a calf that gets worse after training calves. And since I train calves 3 days per week one is always black and blue. I also have one on my right tricep that is worse today after push yesterday.
      I haven't been hit or smacked them on anything, they just appear. It's a bit worrying, to be honest.

I dropped my aspirin and fish oil intake over the last few weeks for other reasons but the bruising isn't any less.

Anyone else experience this?
      I get bruises after using a lacrosse ball on my legs. Are you doing something like that to your calves?

Comment

Yes, I take Animal Pak and extra niacin, b6, b12 and C. Along with a tonne of other things.

No fascia rolling or the like.

Comment

Originally posted by MusclesAreSexy View Post
          Yes, I take Animal Pak and extra niacin, b6, b12 and C. Along with a tonne of other things.

No fascia rolling or the like.
          I'm just throwing this out so take with caution, but elevated hematocrit can cause easy bruising. Are you taking any "supps" that might increase RBC count?

Comment

Yes I am. That's most likely it. But why would I bruise without any contact damage?

Comment

Keep in mind I have a few dogs that run at me full-pelt every morning and I don't bruise from that. Lol.

Comment

I was gonna mention that it might be from foam rolling and the like but that doesn't seem to be it.
                Disclaimer: I am not a DC trainee/expert/guru/coach, anything I say is purely my opinion based on experience and research I've read

Comment

I thought it was originally from foam rolling but I cut that out about 2 months ago and they are still popping up...

Comment

Working...
                  X