Raspberry ketones - your experiences?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raspberry ketones - your experiences?

Just wanted to get your guy's experiences with raspberry ketone supplementation.

It's included in some fat burner formulas (notably, Biotest's HOT-ROX Extreme), but the literature on it does raise some concern:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?t...etones%2C%20ar

Raspberry ketones (RK) are commonly used for their fat burning potential (specifically their effects on hormone-sensitive lipase, I believe), but the paper above shows in vitro antiandrogenic activity.

Just wanted your guys thoughts on this. To be honest, at first glance that sounds bad, but wouldn't inhibiting androgen receptors up-regulate androgen production so this antagonist activity would simply be negated? One supplementing with RK would hope...
    True Protein Discount Code: AWC155

I have used them in some topical fat loss products...The one I used worked, I don't care how much shit topical agents get. It worked. I was very lean (pretty much contest ready) with some trouble spots that just would not let the last little bit of the fat go...added in the topical (raspberry ketones were a main ingredient) and within 2 weeks I noticed it really worked. All documented with pictures...not in my head. Confirmed by others looking at the pics as well.

Never gave much though for using them orally. IMO, to be really honest, there isn't MUCH out there that actually WORKS with OTC fatburners. Yes there are good combos, but some of the ingredients are just filler for lack of a better word.

You'll never know until YOU try it though!

2012 EUP's Mission Submission II
    -1st SuperHeavy Gi
    2012 Hayastan Grappling Challenge New York
    -1st Heavyweight Gi
    2011 Slippery Rock Open Collegiate Championships, 4th-Open Heavyweight, 220lbs
    2008 NGA Pittsburgh Bodybuilding Championships, 2nd-Open Juniors, 175lbs

Help me, help you! To get a great discount from TrueNutrition just type in MCS722 in the code box when you check out!

New pursuit: competitive grappling, and enjoying my life

Comment

Not that this will mean much, but Dr. Oz recommends them for weight loss. He did a segment on his show about it. He is talking to fat people though, not people trying to get into contest shape.

Comment

Originally posted by Lock it Up View Post
        I have used them in some topical fat loss products...The one I used worked, I don't care how much shit topical agents get. It worked. I was very lean (pretty much contest ready) with some trouble spots that just would not let the last little bit of the fat go...added in the topical (raspberry ketones were a main ingredient) and within 2 weeks I noticed it really worked. All documented with pictures...not in my head. Confirmed by others looking at the pics as well.

Never gave much though for using them orally. IMO, to be really honest, there isn't MUCH out there that actually WORKS with OTC fatburners. Yes there are good combos, but some of the ingredients are just filler for lack of a better word.

You'll never know until YOU try it though!
        Lock, can you share what brand(s) of topical you used?

Comment

Originally posted by -AJA14- View Post
          Not that this will mean much, but Dr. Oz recommends them for weight loss. He did a segment on his show about it. He is talking to fat people though, not people trying to get into contest shape.
          That's good enough for me to avoid them forever! :plane:
          Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
          kind of a douche

Comment

Originally posted by Sammich View Post
            That's good enough for me to avoid them forever! :plane:
            Try getting 500 fucking calls about Raspberry Ketones the day that Dr. Oz aired his weight loss episode.. You gotta be fucking kidding me, it was ridiculous.
            Owner of 316FIT and Team Skip Approved Trainer

Instagram: @jaredragsdale
            FB: www.fb.com/jared.ragsdale
            www.316fit.com
            Email: [email protected]

Comment

TEAM OZ. I hear he is now doing contest prep.

Skip

Sent From My ACME Skip Phone

Facebook: Skip Hill
              Instagram: @intensemuscle
              YouTube: TEAMSKIP
              TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

I took ErgoBurn, which lists raspberry ketones as its fat busting, go-to ingredient. I took it right at the beginning of my contest prep a few years ago and didn't notice much of an improvement in terms of speeding up or enhancing my weight loss. My diet and cardio were right on target, but maybe it helped a little? Who knows. All I remember is getting horrible burps from them...tasted like rotten fruit. :twitch:
                2013 NPC Europa Battle of Champions - 1st Figure & Overall
                2013 NPC Rhode Island - 1st Figure
                2012 NPC Emerald Cup - 2nd Figure
                2010 NPC Northwest Championships - 4th Figure

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
                  TEAM OZ. I hear he is now doing contest prep.

Skip

Sent From My ACME Skip Phone
                  Yeah I heard he prepped Oprah for her first contest, might need a little tinkering with his Ozload technique as she didnt quite get peeled. :pizza:

Comment

Originally posted by fade View Post
                    Try getting 500 fucking calls about Raspberry Ketones the day that Dr. Oz aired his weight loss episode.. You gotta be fucking kidding me, it was ridiculous.
                    Fade, how many calls do you get about Supplements from Dr. Oz show? He has a different supplement on almost every show.
                    Everyone wants the pill and doesn't want to do the work.
                    Yes, i watch Dr. Oz every day.
                    BTW, he says the raspberry ketones are suppose to trick your body into already thinking it is thin, so your metabolism goes faster.

Comment

Funny I was just in GNC and some lady was buying 2 bottles of the stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Nelford View Post
                        What? You mean people who don't know a fucking thing about what they're buying get things at GNC?! This is shocking and surprising news.
                        Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
                        kind of a douche

Comment

Originally posted by -AJA14- View Post
                          Fade, how many calls do you get about Supplements from Dr. Oz show? He has a different supplement on almost every show.
                          Everyone wants the pill and doesn't want to do the work.
                          Yes, i watch Dr. Oz every day.
                          BTW, he says the raspberry ketones are suppose to trick your body into already thinking it is thin, so your metabolism goes faster.
                          I have had calls about:

raspberry ketones
                          7-keto dhea
                          safflower oil (really CLA)
                          saffron extract
                          cherry extract
                          relora
                          mango peach extract or some bullshit.

I shit you not, I have had AT LEAST 200 calls for just the raspberry ketones between my two stores.

50-60 calls for 7-keto

50 calls for saffron

Originally posted by Nelford View Post
                          Surprise.

What? You mean people who don't know a fucking thing about what they're buying get things at GNC?! This is shocking and surprising news.
                          And now they have started calling me.
                          Last edited by Jared Ragsdale; 03-15-2012, 03:29 PM.
                          Owner of 316FIT and Team Skip Approved Trainer

Instagram: @jaredragsdale
                          FB: www.fb.com/jared.ragsdale
                          www.316fit.com
                          Email: [email protected]

Comment

I should start a thread of all the supps, he recommends. It would be funny.

Comment

:hysterica

Use my discount code JHR112 and get 5% off at TrueProtein.com

"Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder, but don't nobody wanna lift no heavy-ass weight!"-Ronnie Coleman

GET THE DAMN WEIGHT UP AND BEAT THE LOGBOOK WITH BIG WEIGHT JUMPS-Dante

Comment

Working...
                              X