upping Test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• upping Test

ok so testosterone is at it's peak between the ages of 16 - 18 in majority of males. I'm now 27 and have noticed a slow decrease in test over the years. Not at a rapid rate, but enough to get me wanting to increase test. I have heard alot of supplements aren't great. Have tried tribilus (even drinking the straight extract - have never drank anything consistently more revolting) and felt in increase in the 1st week then back to normal. I am contemplating switching my sweet potato for taro, would this be beneficial? Or apart from needles what other options do I have? Thanks in advance for any advice guys.

http://truenutrition.com/p-1140-mgs-...-capsules.aspx

It works.

2012 EUP's Mission Submission II
    -1st SuperHeavy Gi
    2012 Hayastan Grappling Challenge New York
    -1st Heavyweight Gi
    2011 Slippery Rock Open Collegiate Championships, 4th-Open Heavyweight, 220lbs
    2008 NGA Pittsburgh Bodybuilding Championships, 2nd-Open Juniors, 175lbs

Help me, help you! To get a great discount from TrueNutrition just type in MCS722 in the code box when you check out!

New pursuit: competitive grappling, and enjoying my life

Comment

Vitamin D also helps with Testosterone as does Zinc and Magnesium. Try adding them.

Getting adequate rest can also help with Test levels.

Vitamin D: http://truenutrition.com/p-1149-vita...-capsules.aspx

Zinc and Magnesium: http://truenutrition.com/p-1095-zma-...-capsules.aspx The GABA in this will help with sleep.
      Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
      2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
      2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Originally posted by kunimitsu View Post
        i am contemplating switching my sweet potato for taro, would this be beneficial?
        :WTF:

:smow:
        Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
        kind of a douche

Comment

Originally posted by Sammich View Post
          ?
          :wtf:
          Taro is a pant/root...I guess it's supposed to raise test levels? That's a new one for me also.

-1st SuperHeavy Gi
          -1st Heavyweight Gi

Help me, help you! To get a great discount from TrueNutrition just type in MCS722 in the code box when you check out!

Comment

ok so testosterone is at it's peak between the ages of 16 - 18 in majority of males. I'm now 27 and have noticed a slow decrease in test over the years. Not at a rapid rate, but enough to get me wanting to increase test. I have heard alot of supplements aren't great. Have tried tribilus (even drinking the straight extract - have never drank anything consistently more revolting) and felt in increase in the 1st week then back to normal. I am contemplating switching my sweet potato for taro, would this be beneficial? Or apart from needles what other options do I have? Thanks in advance for any advice guys.
            really? Could you tell me what your levels were ay 18 and what they are now? No?? Why not? Oh wait... You mean you went from being a horny kid to being a dude with a ft job... That doesn't mean your levels are low. If you have noticed any REAL changes in mood, energy, etc... At your age I would guess it to be thyroid related and not test related (I don't know the odds of either being a problem but the younger people I have known with problems tend to have normal test but F'd up thyroid function after they finally get blood work done... And NO that don't mean you should automatically take thyroid meds).
            Follow my NEW journal if you please:

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=48304

"They say I'm no good...cause I'm so hood, rich folks do not want me around" 50

"You are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
            Dr. Seuss

I would like to thank all the stupid people of the world. Without you guys I would only be average.

"Tell them bitches get a stick I'm done leading the blind"
            Nicki Minaj

Comment

Oh sorry guys, yeah Taro is a staple in Islander diet (New Zealand, Tonga, Samoa) have heard it is a natural steroid... Very starchy. Might be hard to come by in the US, but if you look for it here in Oz you can find it. Thanks heaps for the replies so far guys, I am about to read up on zinc, magnesium and vitamin D.

Yeah Dunhill, half right. I actually was working harder at 16 to 18 then what I am now. My training has changed from mainly intense cardio (3 hours capoeira usually about 4Xweek) to now (heavy lifting 3Xweek, DC methods 2way split)

I did try Diannabol (not sure of spelling) and some other form of steroid for 3 weeks a year ago and loved the raw animal feeling I would get in the gym. Would love a natural way to get this same feeling.

Comment

oh and mood and energy are good. Better then before, but I don't drink as much, am generally much more positive and diet is much better.

Comment

I did try Diannabol (not sure of spelling) and some other form of steroid for 3 weeks a year ago and loved the raw animal feeling I would get in the gym. Would love a natural way to get this same feeling.
                  Ain't gonna happen
                  Bryan

Colorado Patriot Guard Rider

Comment

Oh sorry guys, yeah Taro is a staple in Islander diet (New Zealand, Tonga, Samoa) have heard it is a natural steroid... Very starchy. Might be hard to come by in the US, but if you look for it here in Oz you can find it. Thanks heaps for the replies so far guys, I am about to read up on zinc, magnesium and vitamin D.

Yeah Dunhill, half right. I actually was working harder at 16 to 18 then what I am now. My training has changed from mainly intense cardio (3 hours capoeira usually about 4Xweek) to now (heavy lifting 3Xweek, DC methods 2way split)

Get some blood work done to see if you do have any underlying pituitary, thryroid, or gonadal issues. At least this way you'll know where you stand hormonally.
                    Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
                    2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
                    2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

^^^^^ This.

Comment

If you find it, let us know. :o
                        PM me to discuss website/video/dvd etc. related work.

Comment

Originally posted by BryanB View Post
                          Ain't gonna happen
                          Originally posted by RedSkull View Post
                          If you find it, let us know. :o
                          Ya...I think you'll be searching for quite a while lol.

Oh, and IMO, when it comes to anything training related...NOTHING IS NATURAL! Natural in bodybuilding/training=oxymoron. Such an overused word and it's so silly to think that if something is OTC it is natural. Why is something like an OTC fatburner considered natural, but testosterone which is already in your body to begin with not? It's so freaking silly to me. But back to topic....

:focus:
                          Last edited by Lock it Up; 02-23-2012, 05:41 PM.

-1st SuperHeavy Gi
                          -1st Heavyweight Gi

Comment

Actually, low test is on the rise in males from their 20's to 30's these days.....it was really rare years ago in that age bracket, but it's fairly prevalent now.....
                            STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

so is anorexia among males....
                              '17 USAPL Chicago Raw
                              17 AAU Super Total
                              '16-AAU Hi
                              '15-USPA Metro
                              '15-USPA State
                              '15-AAU HI
                              '14-AAU HI
                              '14-USPA Metro