IM Members' Competitions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IM Members' Competitions

I thought it would be kinda cool to give some props to the competitors here at IM......they need our support and I think it would be cool if they'd come in here and post up what they have planned this year and dates/times/locations of shows, meets, guest appearances if any....

If you are a competitor, whether it be bb'ing, powerlifting, strongman, whatever, and you have something going on this year, come in here and let the members of IM know, so they can show you some love and support. You're out there repping IM to the best of your ability, and I know I for one would love to support you in any way I can, even if it's just popping in your journal to keep you on track or offer advice or lend an ear.....

I know Robb (DCBELIEVER), is doing a meet this weekend. If you see this Robb, tell us what you're doing and when/where, and maybe some IM members will get out there and cheer you on!

Who else is doing something this year?
    STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Good idea for a thread..

I am doing a USAPL full power raw meet May 19th in Pine Bush, NY. I had my first meet this past January and I totaled a pretty low 1140. Training is going well now and I am looking to hit a 1300 total at this meet.

Assuming no injuries occur, I am doing another local meet shortly after this one in July.

Comment

Awesome idea Steel... Good luck to DCB as well as SkinnyMike, and I know BBJeff is doing a meet this Saturday in College Station TX, so good luck to him as well...

Comment

Good luck guys. Your progress is always motivating.
        TRUE PROTEIN Discount Code- CSH730

Comment

I'm still a ways off but I am going to be competing in the Jay Cutler Baltimore Classic on 25 August 2012 and the Elite Physique Competition in Pittsburgh on 8 September 2012.
          Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
          2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
          2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Good Luck Kris... Are you going to continue working with Scott up through those shows?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Travis View Post
              Good Luck Kris... Are you going to continue working with Scott up through those shows?
              Thanks Mike!

You know it!

Things have been "clicking" especially well this blast. Dieting has never been that difficult for me so I am hoping I can put on some appreciable size before I cut down.

Nothing lined up for you in the near future?
              Last edited by mentalflex; 02-22-2012, 11:47 AM.
              Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

That's awesome! He sure is a dream to work with isn't he

I worked with him through two shows in November, still working with him now. I came in on the lighter side of the lightweights myself, so I am going to keep working with him throughout this year to try to put on some quality size then start prepping for a show that is in April 2013. I'll be working with him throughout. Best change I have ever made to my fitness lifestyle was hiring him.
                Last edited by Michael Travis; 02-22-2012, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Hey guys i'm doing the NPC Mid-Atlantic Natural Classic in NJ on May 12th..its a qualifier for the Team Universe

Comment

[QUOTE=Michael Travis;941951]That's awesome! He sure is a dream to work with isn't he

I worked with him through two shows in November, still working with him now. I came in on the lighter side of the lightweights myself, so I am going to keep working with him throughout this year to try to put on some quality size then start prepping for a show that is in April 2013. I'll be working with him throughout. Best change I have ever made to my fitness lifestyle was hiring him.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, when it comes to digging into all of the details and little factors affecting progress, he certainly has the process nailed down. I didn't know you were working with Scott...sorry if you told me before and it slipped my mind.

I echo your sentiment about hiring Scott. He really has gone above and beyond what I expected; even to the point of helping me address lifestyle and personal issues that were affecting me. I honestly would have never made half of the gains without his coaching. It has been a great transformation and infinitely valuable learning experience thus far and I can't wait to see what the final product is when I am dieted down.
                    Last edited by mentalflex; 02-22-2012, 12:02 PM.

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
                      Yeah, when it comes to digging into all of the details and little factors affecting progress, he certainly has the process nailed down. I didn't know you were working with Scott...sorry if you told me before and it slipped my mind.

I echo your sentiment about hiring Scott. He really has gone above and beyond what I expected; even to the point of helping me address lifestyle and personal issues that were affecting me. I honestly would have never made half of the gains without his coaching. It has been a great transformation and infinitely valuable learning experience thus far and I can't wait to see what the final product is when I am dieted down.
                      I agree... Couldn't have asked for a better trainer. Diet, lifts, adjustments, supplements, remedies for aches and pains, personal problem solving, helped me evaluate some blood work, even helps me with school from time to time, and just basic conversation too. I think I learn something from him with each correspondence

... not to hijack the thread any more than I already have though

Good Luck Steve!

Comment

Good luck to everyone competing in 2012!

I've been getting ready for the NGA Heart of America Natural Classic on May 12 and another NGA show on June 23rd.
                        2005 HOA Natural Classic
                        2006 OCB Midwest
                        2007 ABA Natural Illinois
                        2008 HOA Natural Classic
                        NPC Mid-Illinois
                        NPC Midwest Open
                        NPC Natural Grand Prix
                        2012 NGA Clash of the Titans
                        USPA Illinois State
                        NGA Heart of America
                        NGA Clash of the Titans

SAVE 5% ON YOUR NEXT ORDER FROM www.truenutrition.com order - Use Code RHB606

Comment

I'm 4 1/2 weeks out from the Northern Kentucky Bodybuilding Championships. My hope is to get qualified for Nationals and then come back as a strong middleweight.

Good luck to everyone on their journey.
                          1994 Ohio Gran Prix 4th place
                          2010 Kentucky State Championships 1st place
                          2011 Northern Kentucky 4th place
                          2012 Kentucky Grand Prix 1st place
                          2014 Francois Classic 3rd place
                          2015 Francois Classic 2nd Place

Truenutrition.com
                          Use Discount Code AMJ

Comment

Not this year, but 2013 NPC Pittsburgh is my next show I plan on doing

Good idea for a thread, Steel.

2012 EUP's Mission Submission II
                            -1st SuperHeavy Gi
                            2012 Hayastan Grappling Challenge New York
                            -1st Heavyweight Gi
                            2011 Slippery Rock Open Collegiate Championships, 4th-Open Heavyweight, 220lbs
                            2008 NGA Pittsburgh Bodybuilding Championships, 2nd-Open Juniors, 175lbs

Help me, help you! To get a great discount from TrueNutrition just type in MCS722 in the code box when you check out!

New pursuit: competitive grappling, and enjoying my life

Comment

Good luck everyone!

As the time draws nearer, I hope y'all post up some pics/videos of your progress. It is always motivating to see other members work to attain their strength and physique goals.

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Working...
                              X