Blood pressure help needed...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blood pressure help needed...

I am running test and tren right now and BP is 184/102. What can I take, natural or prescription, I don't think I'll have a hard time convincing the doc of this one, to lower it that won't react adversely with my cycle compounds? When "off" I have normal BP.

Thanks!!

I dont think anything short of a script is gonna help you. You bp is pretty high right now. Be careful. Are you doing ANY cardio?
    International Elite Raw Powerlifter
    Blood - Sweat - Chalk

Comment

free-flush niacin with baby aspirin would help..it does for me

pudge
      " A great man shows his greatness by the way he treats little men"

"Never laugh at anyone's dreams. People who dont have dreams dont have much"

"if you're going through hell... keep going"

Comment

wow. thats really high. start taking some hawthorn berry and get do a doc for a script
        My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable. I'm unna eat your style, i'm unna eat your style's kids.

Comment

aspirin will help...eliminate sodium as much as possible, and garlic will help too.

Increase your potassium, B6, folic acid, vit c, omega 3's, coenzyme Q-10

Eliminate sugar, caffiene, and alcohol

These are some basic things that wiill help. The RX drugs will just suppress symptoms...try some nutritional things that may get to the root of the problem first.
          [email protected] http://www.proactivehealthnet.com

" We know that to err is human, but the HIV/AIDS hypothesis is one hell of a mistake"
          Dr. Kary Mullis, Nobel Prize Winner in Chemistry for inventing the Polymerase Chain Reaction

"The fact is that you can not start off with bad science and end up with good medicine"

Comment

Thanks Bros!!!!

Comment

Supersprort you post was eactly what I also needed to see. Thanks so much !
              Stay Hard and Get Huge !

Whatever you can do or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius , power and magic in it. Begin it now. - Goethe

Comment

supersport, let me ask u something (i dont mean to hijack this thread but i have to ask)..whats up with this coenzyme Q-10?? My friends started using em saying its for the immune system..i've also read up on some pros and they use them as well..what is this stuff really??

pudge

Comment

Pudge, Check it out:

Coenzyme Q-10 is a vitamin like substance whose actions in the body resemble those of vitamin E. It may be an even more powerful antioxidant. There are ten common substances designated coenzyme Qs, but coenzyme Q-10 is the only one found in human tissue. This substance plays a critical role in the production of energy in every cell of the body. It aids circulation, stimulates the immune system, increases tissue oxygenation, and has vital anti-aging effects. Deficiencies of coenzyme Q-10 have been linked to periodontal disease, diabetes, and muscular dystrophy.

Research has revealed that supplemental coenzyme Q-10 has the ability to counter histamine, and therefore is beneficial for people with allergies, asthma, or respiratory disease. Many health care professionals use is to treat anomalies of mental function such as those associated with schizophrenia and Alzheimer’s disease. It is also beneficial in fighting obesity, multiple sclerosis, and diabetes.

Coenzyme Q-10 appears to be a giant step forward in the treatment and prevention of cardiovascular disease. A six-year study conducted by scientists at the University of Texas found that people being treated for congestive heart failure who took coenzyme Q-10 in addition to conventional therapy had a 75-percent chance of survival after three years, compared with a 25-percent survival rate for those using conventional therapy alone. In a similar study by the University of Texas and the Center for Adult Diseases in Japan, coenzyme Q-10 was shown to be able to lower high blood pressure without medication or dietary changes.

In addition to its use in fighting cardiovascular disease, coenzyme Q-10 has been shown to be effective in reducing mortality in experimental animals afflicted with tumors and leukemia. Some doctors give their patients coenzyme Q-10 to reduce the side effects of cancer chemotherapy.

Coenzyme Q-10 is widely used in Japan. More than 12 million people in that country are reportedly taking it at the direction of their physicians for treatment of heart disease (it strengthens the heart muscle) and high blood pressure, and also to enhance the immune system. Research in Japan has shown that coenzyme Q-10 also protects the stomach lining and duodenum, and may help heal duodenal ulcers.

The amount of coenzyme Q-10 present in the body declines with age, so it should be supplemented in the diet, especially by people who are over the age of fifty.

Sources

Mackerel, salmon, and sardines contain the largest amounts of coenzyme Q-10. It is also found in beef, peanuts, and spinach.

Comments

Coenzyme Q-10 is oil soluble and is best absorbed when taken with oily or fatty foods, such as fish. Be cautious when purchasing coenzyme Q-10. Not all products offer it in its purest form. Its natural color is dark bright yellow to orange, and it has very little taste in the powdered form. It should be kept away from heat and light. Pure coenzyme Q-10 is perishable and deteriorates in temperatures above 1150F. A liquid or oil form is preferable. Look for a brand that contains a small amount of vitamin E as this helps to preserve the coenzyme Q-10.

Enjoy...
                  "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

Originally posted by Alwayslearning
                    I am running test and tren right now and BP is 184/102. What can I take, natural or prescription, I don't think I'll have a hard time convincing the doc of this one, to lower it that won't react adversely with my cycle compounds? When "off" I have normal BP.

Thanks!!

Everyone's given some great advise. Only thing I would add is to maybe lower carbs, so that you hold less water. I know test can bloat the hell out of most, couple that with high carbs you'll be puffy as hell. More fluid in the pipes = higher BP. Add in an anti-estro maybe, and switch to a lower carb diet.

R

Comment

Originally posted by In-Human
                      Pudge, Check it out:

Coenzyme Q-10 is a vitamin like substance whose actions in the body resemble those of vitamin E. It may be an even more powerful antioxidant. There are ten common substances designated coenzyme Qs, but coenzyme Q-10 is the only one found in human tissue. This substance plays a critical role in the production of energy in every cell of the body. It aids circulation, stimulates the immune system, increases tissue oxygenation, and has vital anti-aging effects. Deficiencies of coenzyme Q-10 have been linked to periodontal disease, diabetes, and muscular dystrophy.

Research has revealed that supplemental coenzyme Q-10 has the ability to counter histamine, and therefore is beneficial for people with allergies, asthma, or respiratory disease. Many health care professionals use is to treat anomalies of mental function such as those associated with schizophrenia and Alzheimer’s disease. It is also beneficial in fighting obesity, multiple sclerosis, and diabetes.

Coenzyme Q-10 appears to be a giant step forward in the treatment and prevention of cardiovascular disease. A six-year study conducted by scientists at the University of Texas found that people being treated for congestive heart failure who took coenzyme Q-10 in addition to conventional therapy had a 75-percent chance of survival after three years, compared with a 25-percent survival rate for those using conventional therapy alone. In a similar study by the University of Texas and the Center for Adult Diseases in Japan, coenzyme Q-10 was shown to be able to lower high blood pressure without medication or dietary changes.

In addition to its use in fighting cardiovascular disease, coenzyme Q-10 has been shown to be effective in reducing mortality in experimental animals afflicted with tumors and leukemia. Some doctors give their patients coenzyme Q-10 to reduce the side effects of cancer chemotherapy.

Coenzyme Q-10 is widely used in Japan. More than 12 million people in that country are reportedly taking it at the direction of their physicians for treatment of heart disease (it strengthens the heart muscle) and high blood pressure, and also to enhance the immune system. Research in Japan has shown that coenzyme Q-10 also protects the stomach lining and duodenum, and may help heal duodenal ulcers.

The amount of coenzyme Q-10 present in the body declines with age, so it should be supplemented in the diet, especially by people who are over the age of fifty.

Sources

Mackerel, salmon, and sardines contain the largest amounts of coenzyme Q-10. It is also found in beef, peanuts, and spinach.

Comments

Coenzyme Q-10 is oil soluble and is best absorbed when taken with oily or fatty foods, such as fish. Be cautious when purchasing coenzyme Q-10. Not all products offer it in its purest form. Its natural color is dark bright yellow to orange, and it has very little taste in the powdered form. It should be kept away from heat and light. Pure coenzyme Q-10 is perishable and deteriorates in temperatures above 1150F. A liquid or oil form is preferable. Look for a brand that contains a small amount of vitamin E as this helps to preserve the coenzyme Q-10.

Enjoy...
                      Excellent post my friend.......Pudge, he covered just about all of it.

Just one thing-Co E Q-10 is a pretty expensive supplement. Please make sure to get some quality stuff...you can bet the El Cheapo brands are gonna be worthless.

The FDA has very little authority over natural products such as Co E Q-10.... so quality control can suffer. Use a reputable company.

" We know that to err is human, but the HIV/AIDS hypothesis is one hell of a mistake"
                      Dr. Kary Mullis, Nobel Prize Winner in Chemistry for inventing the Polymerase Chain Reaction

"The fact is that you can not start off with bad science and end up with good medicine"

Comment

damn, that stuff sounds good..thanks for the info in-human..supersport, i'll watch out for the cheap stuff...

Comment

Originally posted by Alwayslearning

Thanks!!
                          90% of AAS users have high BP...
                          "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

When you took the reading, was it at the doctor's office. If so, you may be suffering from something called white coat hypertension. You should get your own blood pressure cuff and take it at home. My BP goes up quite a bit when I am at the doctors office, but looks good at home.

I did take some precautions though...
                            1) I don't add salt to food
                            2) I stay away from most high sodium food (lunch meat, salad dressings, chips, ...)
                            3) I eat very clean
                            4) I do plenty of cardio
                            5) stay away from stimulants
                            6) Celery helps with BP
                            7) Drink plenty of water
                            8) Reduce alcohol consumption and processed foods
                            9) Deal with stress issues in your life.. .don't wait until it gets ugly

If you do this for a while, and your BP is high at home and at the doctor's office, you may need to go on BP meds. I was able to avoid it.

Spark

Romans 1:16-17

:director: for 5% off products from trueprotein.com, use the discount code MWD888

100% doing it myself and 100% accountable for what I do. No excuses. -- Sparky

Find a seasoned mentor and learn. My biggest improvements have come not from hours of tedious research, but by listening to those who have been in the trenches -- Sparky

Judges expect muscle but respect conditioning -- Sparky

Comment

Also...the acceptable blood pressure reading was lowered last year. With a stroke of the pen about 5 million Americans all of a sudden had "high" blood pressure. Even though for many previous decades the reading (I believe it was 120/80) was perfectly normal.

Nice way to increase drug sales.

Comment

Working...
                              X