Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jameswarren1984
    replied
    HAHAHA and my gazelles are on a low carb diet.... FnCK!!

Leave a comment:

• Sammich
    replied
    Originally posted by jameswarren1984 View Post
    damn rite brother, looking forward to monday workout should i set up a journal? or am i gunna p1ss too many people off haha like sammich
    I'm waiting patiently, stalking you like a lion in the brush, waiting for the one weak gazelle to fall behind from the rest of the herd... :dienewbie

:ranger:

Leave a comment:

• jameswarren1984
    replied
    well from my understanding, your body is less likely to store protein as fat, especially if u are training intensely. some people get fat easily from carbs and others can eat loads and not put on any, its individual, but im still experimenting to find out my individual nutritional concerns. I have a strong feeling i am carb sensitive, however i am not certain i will be investigating this through trial and error. i seem to bloat up when eating lots of carbs, and get a puffy face, but anyway i am "investigating" but its nice having a low (lower) carb diet, as u have to eat so many carbs to get the same amount of calories of lets say fats jesus my stomach has been near empty since starting yesterday lol or at least felt it

Leave a comment:

• Sammich
    replied
    Originally posted by pearlharbor1207 View Post
    I had a question for everyone along the lines of a similar diet to yours. When taking in large quantities of protein (2 grams per pound) and keeping my carbs low and having an early carb cutoff, do I count calories for weightloss in the traditional way? I may not be stating this correctly, but I have heard that you can take in way higher amounts of protein calorie wise and not have it converted to fat. I know a lot of factors affect the traditional "calories in/ calories out" equation, so I wondered about this one...
    It still comes down to energy in/energy out, but you might find that with your macros apportioned in the manner you described that you can take in more calories and get the same effect. :typing:

Leave a comment:

• pearlharbor1207
    replied
    I had a question for everyone along the lines of a similar diet to yours. When taking in large quantities of protein (2 grams per pound) and keeping my carbs low and having an early carb cutoff, do I count calories for weightloss in the traditional way? I may not be stating this correctly, but I have heard that you can take in way higher amounts of protein calorie wise and not have it converted to fat. I know a lot of factors affect the traditional "calories in/ calories out" equation, so I wondered about this one...

Leave a comment:

• jameswarren1984
    replied
    yeh i know, constructive criticism is what i want pearlharbor

Leave a comment:

• pearlharbor1207
    replied
    As long as you can take some criticism without getting your feelings hurt, set it up. Remember, even people who disagree with what you are doing are only trying to help.

Leave a comment:

• jameswarren1984
    replied
    damn rite brother, looking forward to monday workout should i set up a journal? or am i gunna p1ss too many people off haha like sammich

Leave a comment:

• steel1970
    replied
    I'm sorry, I added your cals up wrong....regardless, just keep a log and make adjustments as needed.....

Leave a comment:

• jameswarren1984
    replied
    sorry 120 grams a day is wrong.... i meant 90 fats

Leave a comment:

• jameswarren1984
    replied
    and yes i have been loggin everything i eat down, and weighing everything. so i know exactly what enters my body, but having a tough time with some things
    such as i like to eat fresh salmon in the evening because of it being good portein source and fat source and decent calories, however the nutritional info isnt available when i buy it and theres conflicting nutritional info on the web so i have to kinda just pick a site blindly really

Leave a comment:

• jameswarren1984
    replied
    maybe its not low carb, but compared to how my carb intake has been it is, i was eating sh1t loads of carbs, between 350-400 sometimes more so maybe i will be dropping carbs further but for now i will see how it goes with 150, and maybe in a month re evaluate.
    i was consuming around 3500 calories before, and now im going for around 2900. i will be trying to lower my fats and increase protein, but for now financially i cant afford to eat more protein and less fats, so i will see how this goes for a while, and hopefully get the job im being interviewed for this week and then will up my proteins and lower my fats so as to keep cals at 2900.

Leave a comment:

• steel1970
    replied
    yeh well my macros are as follows

non workout day...
    150 carbs a day
    350 protein
    120 grams fats minimum

workout day the same but added simple carbs extra to post workout
    So you are at about 3500 cals to start your diet.....have you been logging your food intake recently and tracking what you eat? Are your calories above or below your maintenance level?

Yes, the skin can be tasty, but don't you think that there are far better fat sources for you to rely on? And, you're gonna average 20g of fat in each meal if you eat 6 meals. Do you really feel you need that much? I wouldn't call your diet high fat/low carb with 150g of carbs in there either, IMO.....I would say that's moderate carbs......you really need to figure your macros based on what you are eating for maintenance. To me, that means not gaining or losing weight.....lower your intake from there......

Leave a comment:

• grammo13
    replied
    sweet grammo, i just am looking forward to losing some fat, and worked out doing the 5x5, increasing weight by 2.5 % every workout i should be benching 310 pounds in 4 months of doing it which is sick for motivation and i have heard very positive things about 5x5 in terms of strength gains, im not sure if i can possibly gain muscle tho especially on calories just under maintenance, but our bodies work in strange ways so fingers crossed
    Keep the mindset that you will keep getting stronger even if your calories are low. You'll be surprised, with a good routine and diet in place, strength gains will still be there.

Leave a comment:

• jameswarren1984
    replied
    sweet grammo, i just am looking forward to losing some fat, and worked out doing the 5x5, increasing weight by 2.5 % every workout i should be benching 310 pounds in 4 months of doing it which is sick for motivation and i have heard very positive things about 5x5 in terms of strength gains, im not sure if i can possibly gain muscle tho especially on calories just under maintenance, but our bodies work in strange ways so fingers crossed

Leave a comment:

Working...
X