Supplement interactions with meds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supplement interactions with meds?

Wife is looking to slim down some and with her new class schedule she doesn't get ample time to actually hit the gym. That being said she is asking about trying a fat burner to help her. She has high as hell cholesterol and is on Lipitor for that. Additionally she is on a weaker muscle relaxer to help with chronic back and neck pains at night.

Seeing as how I have to place a True Protein order soon, I have suggested 'BURN' for her to try out. I will say her diet is not always so clean, but as of late she is making a better effort to make better food choices, and doing less 'binge' eating when she can eat.

If not the TP supplement, does anyone have any other suggestions? Any help to help her is greatly appreciated.

J
    "No man ever won a war by dieing for his county. He did it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his."

George Patton

Get your Protein where the real men get theirs, TrueProtein.com

5% off with Dicount code JNR490, and 10% off orders over 10 lbs!!!

Without exercise, a very iffy diet and those med's to counterbalance medical problems that are both potentially treatable by exercise and dietary modifications, I *personally* feel you may very well be doing her a disservice by again adding more chemicals (fat burner) to remedy the problem.

I've seen this approach taken many times over the years and don't recall to many instances of it being effective, even in the short run, much less the long haul.

-S
    The Book Has Arrived!
    The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
    2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
    2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

I've yet to see a fat burner actually burn fat on its own. Maybe some morning cardio in the living room? There are some creative and fun ways to get into shape without a gym. I have seen my own wife do the fatburner thing over and over with little to no results.
      Lee Salado, E.P.A.S.

Comment

XBox360 kinect and some of those dance games. My girlfriend loves to play those, and shes sweating in the first 5 mins.

Comment

Originally posted by Godsmack View Post
          Wife is looking to slim down some and with her new class schedule she doesn't get ample time to actually hit the gym.
          Pretty sure a lot of people here probably have busy schedules too.
          PM me to discuss website/video/dvd etc. related work.

Comment

Originally posted by homonunculus View Post
            Without exercise, a very iffy diet and those med's to counterbalance medical problems that are both potentially treatable by exercise and dietary modifications, I *personally* feel you may very well be doing her a disservice by again adding more chemicals (fat burner) to remedy the problem.

I've seen this approach taken many times over the years and don't recall to many instances of it being effective, even in the short run, much less the long haul.

-S
            This^^^ Work on getting her off the meds, first, by tightening up your wife's diet. There are some good at-home workouts that she can do for her exercise, if she can't make it to the gym.

Comment

Now i'm not entirely sure of your wifes timetable, but if she is in such a bad way isn't it coming to the stage where she may have to sacrifice some other things? and also, John Meadows who i am sure most people on this site know of works 70 hours a week plus has twins! Thats not me being negative, just saying it can be done!

Comment

Originally posted by RedSkull View Post
                Pretty sure a lot of people here probably have busy schedules too.
                Agreed. Her usual day is up at 0400 and Physical Training is 0430-0600. Its not anything fantastic but it at least gets the heart rate up some. In for class around 0800 and a half hour lunch around noon. Back to class till about 1800. Bed by 2200. Homework and studying between coming home and bed, with a tiny bit of time for dinner.

I am not saying that it is impossible for her to hit the gym, and god knows I am not a shining example of a good gym goer for her to follow. I am just trying to help her get answers to the questions she has.

Thanks Guys!!!

J
                "No man ever won a war by dieing for his county. He did it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his."

George Patton

Get your Protein where the real men get theirs, TrueProtein.com

5% off with Dicount code JNR490, and 10% off orders over 10 lbs!!!

Comment

Working...
                X