Calories vs. Cardio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calories vs. Cardio

Since I've seen some threads and posts here lately about this, wanted to get some discussion going here. It's probably been covered before, but things may have changed in peoples opinions.....

Obviously diets and goals will differ, but which do you all feel is the most effective way to cut body fat? Keeping food intake high, and adding/increasing cardio? Keeping cardio steady or very light and restricting calories further? It is obvious that thru diets and preps, both are going to change. I'm just curious as to when starting or just making changes, which way do you PREFER to get things rolling.....

If it were my choice, I would always keep cals as high as possible while not going over 5 cardio sessions weekly. I like food too much and do not like feeling hungry, AND I hate cardio. Plus, once I get to a certain point in cals, I just get flat as hell and my strength starts to suffer.....

I'm hoping some big guys jump in here like Homon, Skip, and other guys who do this as a "job".....Regardless, I'd like to hear from anyone who has a preference between the methods......
    STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

I think it's very person/situation dependant.

For me I can handle being hungry pretty well. So I can get my cals pretty low which means I dnt have to do as much cardio

Think my last show I maxed out at 5 lots of 45 mins and that was to help make weight.

In contrast my v gd friend and training partner can't handle being hungry and cheats.

His show he kept food higher but ended up doing 7 x 1 hour am sessions and 4 15 - 20 min pwo sessions.
    nabba north 2010 first timers - 6th place

Comment

Originally posted by hilly View Post
      I think it's very person/situation dependant.

For me I can handle being hungry pretty well. So I can get my cals pretty low which means I dnt have to do as much cardio

Think my last show I maxed out at 5 lots of 45 mins and that was to help make weight.

In contrast my v gd friend and training partner can't handle being hungry and cheats.

His show he kept food higher but ended up doing 7 x 1 hour am sessions and 4 15 - 20 min pwo sessions.
      Your buddy was doing alot if cardio...lol.
      STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

Originally posted by steel1970 View Post
        Your buddy was doing alot if cardio...lol.
        Yup that's what happens when you start cheating with packs of biscuits and take your weight from 17,4 to 18 stone a week later cos the diet got a Lil difficult lol
        nabba north 2010 first timers - 6th place

Comment

I can't and won't talk about prep stuff but I can talk about myself and anyone I worked with (just regular people trying to drop wt and not BBrs)... I dropped 40 in a cpl months eating less....no cardio at all per say....I just made a conscious decision to be more active in lill ways and ate less. Anyone I have worked with did it un steps.... Ate less, ate less plus lt cardio, ate less and daily cardio, ate less and either increased duration or added a second session.... I have several clients down well over 100 lbs and one at about 70-80 down so its worked so far. Again I am just talking about people trying to drop fat....not BBing contest peep cause I have never competed so I can't talk on that. Many more qualified than me here on that.
          Follow my NEW journal if you please:

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=48304

"They say I'm no good...cause I'm so hood, rich folks do not want me around" 50

"You are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
          Dr. Seuss

I would like to thank all the stupid people of the world. Without you guys I would only be average.

"Tell them bitches get a stick I'm done leading the blind"
          Nicki Minaj

Comment

Working...
          X