Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

lower calories?lower calories+cardio?or just increased cardio?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lower calories?lower calories+cardio?or just increased cardio?

what do you reckon? keep clean eating with carb cut offs with just an increased volume of cardio?
    lower gradually calories without increasing 3 days a week low intensity [email protected]?
    lower calories gradually whilst increasing cardio?
    or low carbs and increase fats keeping same calories with just increased cardio?
    Please follow my journal... http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=46381
    LIFT HARD OR GO HOME
    TARGET LIFTS....
    320 kg deadlift/160 kg bench press/280 kg squat
    yeahHHHHH BUDDYY!! LIGHT WEIGHT YEP YEP YEP!!
    AINT NUTTIN BUT A PEANUT brrrrrrrrrr

How much wt are you talking about? Moderate wt loss? If so then I just eat less. I don't complicate things but if you are talking major wt loss then I would do it un steps...
    Eat less
    Eat less with moderate cardio
    Eat less with daily cardio
    Eat less with twice a day cardio.

Just a progression based on sticking points. If you are talking contest prep.... Others can give better advice.
    Follow my NEW journal if you please:

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=48304

"They say I'm no good...cause I'm so hood, rich folks do not want me around" 50

"You are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
    Dr. Seuss

I would like to thank all the stupid people of the world. Without you guys I would only be average.

"Tell them bitches get a stick I'm done leading the blind"
    Nicki Minaj

Comment

Find your starting point and work your way down from there....if you're not gaining right now and staying the same, AND your day is based around structured eating, try to add cardio in for a couple weeks and see what happens. If things don't move much, maybe drop cals a little and just adjust as needed....Check out Skip's Longevity DVD thread here if you haven't already. Tons of info there that can get you on your way....
      STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

Originally posted by thedunhill225 View Post
        How much wt are you talking about? Moderate wt loss? If so then I just eat less. I don't complicate things but if you are talking major wt loss then I would do it un steps...
        Eat less
        Eat less with moderate cardio
        Eat less with daily cardio
        Eat less with twice a day cardio.

Just a progression based on sticking points. If you are talking contest prep.... Others can give better advice.
        Thats pretty much it right there laid out in it's simplest term. Great advice.

Comment

It's going to completely depend on the individual and what they're currently doing. Personally I prefer and perform better when I eat more and increase cardio. However, there's a point of diminishing returns where too much cardio can be a bad thing as well. Consistency is key too, so you have to decide what will be easier for you to stick to in the long run.

Whatever you do, it's best to adjust one variable at a time and take things slow. Don't go from doing no cardio and eating a a massive surplus straight to a large deficit and 60 minutes a day of cardio. In this case, I'd prefer bringing calories down to around maintenance and start introducing moderate cardio 3x a week and go from there.

Comment

Working...
          X