X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isolator ongoing review with video

First installment.

pulldowns on hammer strength machine today

It takes a lill to get used to but once I did... the pump was intense. In all honesty this was as much as I have ever felt any set of "pulldowns" I can remember. My reps were high cause choosing the wt was kinda a guess and I should have gone heavier. One thing I must advise is to wear the protective sleeves when you train back. I tried to do a set without them and its like a friction burn on your arms. Also remember to check position and make sure the cuff is secure in place before starting another set. I tried to do another set without doing this and .... friction burn feeling again. This may not be the best video and they will get better. I also look forward to becoming more accustomed to the isolator as I use it.

So far for these pulldowns I give it a solid A.

http://youtu.be/7vpVrBZgRjU

Last edited by thedunhill225; 02-07-2012, 10:55 PM.
    Follow my NEW journal if you please:

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=48304

"They say I'm no good...cause I'm so hood, rich folks do not want me around" 50

"You are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
    Dr. Seuss

I would like to thank all the stupid people of the world. Without you guys I would only be average.

"Tell them bitches get a stick I'm done leading the blind"
    Nicki Minaj

sooo how do I embed again??

"You are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
    Dr. Seuss

I would like to thank all the stupid people of the world. Without you guys I would only be average.

Nicki Minaj

Comment

use the Go Advanced reply option. On the second row from the top, second option from the right is a youtube tab. Click on it and copy/paste your link in-between..

Or paste it here, someone will be happy to do it I'm sure

Comment

its in the first post man. I did that and it didnt work. Ill try again.
        didnt work again..... the address I put between the youtube brackets is what?
        Last edited by thedunhill225; 02-07-2012, 10:55 PM.

Dr. Seuss

Nicki Minaj

Comment

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vpVrBZgRjU&feature=youtu.be[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

There ya go man. you just put the youtube address in between. When you hit that button the cursor is already in position also, so you just hit paste right away...

I suck at explaining things

Comment

Thanks. Did you use the same link I posted on the first post? Do you take anything off of it or just paste it whole? I know it sounds like dumb questions but I hate wasting space asking people to embed vids. Rather just get it right then be done with it.

Dr. Seuss

Nicki Minaj

Comment

You put the red, bolded part of the link between the YOUTUBE tags:

Like this (but without the space I added so that it would show up):
                [YOUTUBE ]7vpVrBZgRjU[/YOUTUBE]

2017 NPC National Championships Classic Physique, Class D - 4th Place
                2017 NPC New England Championships Classic Physique, Class C - 1st Place
                2017 NPC East Coast Cup Classic Physique, Tall Class - 1st Place & Overall
                2015 Arnold Amateur Men's Classic Bodybuilding, Tall Class - 4th Place
                2013 NPC Europa Battle of Champions - 1st Place Novice Heavyweight, 2nd Place Open Light-Heavyweight

Comment

Dun, I dunno if you mentioned it but,

Can you use the same kinda weight that you use without the Isolator? I would assume no, but if there is a drop off is it substantial?

2012 EUP's Mission Submission II
                  -1st SuperHeavy Gi
                  2012 Hayastan Grappling Challenge New York
                  -1st Heavyweight Gi
                  2011 Slippery Rock Open Collegiate Championships, 4th-Open Heavyweight, 220lbs
                  2008 NGA Pittsburgh Bodybuilding Championships, 2nd-Open Juniors, 175lbs

Help me, help you! To get a great discount from TrueNutrition just type in MCS722 in the code box when you check out!

New pursuit: competitive grappling, and enjoying my life

Comment

Originally posted by Lock it Up View Post
                    Dun, I dunno if you mentioned it but,

Can you use the same kinda weight that you use without the Isolator? I would assume no, but if there is a drop off is it substantial?
                    I'll get a better more accurate idea as I use it more cause I did go a lill to lt...that's why the reps were around 20 or so I think... But it seems to be close on back exs cause of the attachment points the leverage is so much better... Now it seems like it also depends on the movement cause on the second set (even a lill on this one before I found the most comfortable range and motion) I tried keeping my elbows in more like a rv grip pulldowns or a pullover and there was a big diff in how the wt felt. So I guess the answer is ....it depends!lol.... My simple guess based on 2 sets is that if the ex is performed in a way that normally used a lot of bis then there is a big drop (like with elbows in) but if its a .pulldown type of movement that uses less bis (like a wide grip) then its closer.

I could just go in the gym once and film every ex I can think of but I wanna do one ex a work out so I can honestly review the ex, how it felt, how it feels the next day, etc.. and also try any exs that may come up to answer any questions anyone has.

Peace.

Dr. Seuss

Nicki Minaj

Comment

Originally posted by moco View Post
                      You put the red, bolded part of the link between the YOUTUBE tags:

Like this (but without the space I added so that it would show up):
                      [YOUTUBE ]7vpVrBZgRjU[/YOUTUBE]
                      THANK YOU!!!!

No one has ever explained that to me...LOL

Dr. Seuss

Nicki Minaj

Comment

I'm curious about pulldowns off of a machine where each side is independent. It seems like this would be good for hitting the upper back where the other exercise you did in the video would hit more of the insertion point of the lat.
                        1994 Ohio Gran Prix 4th place
                        2010 Kentucky State Championships 1st place
                        2011 Northern Kentucky 4th place
                        2012 Kentucky Grand Prix 1st place
                        2014 Francois Classic 3rd place
                        2015 Francois Classic 2nd Place

Truenutrition.com
                        Use Discount Code AMJ

Comment

Originally posted by Doberman View Post
                          I'm curious about pulldowns off of a machine where each side is independent. It seems like this would be good for hitting the upper back where the other exercise you did in the video would hit more of the insertion point of the lat.
                          I know the pulldown machine you mean...problem is my gym doesn't have one. We have a free motion machine and I am gonna try that (have vids using it normally on my page) but the handles are so wide I don't know what the range of motion will be like using the isolator. It can, and I will next, be used on a regular pulldown by hooking over the bar or into the cable directly so that's coming up.

BTW, the machine I used is actually the selectorized version of the hammer high row (yea it says high row but its always seemed like a rv grip pulldown to me) and I chose it just for the simplicity for the first use.

Oh and as of rt now the upper third of my back is sore already and my back NEVER gets sore. The only way I even get a real good pump is from some kind of supported rows (like the hammer ISO rows I did when rows were the ISOM). My back is my strongest body part/muscle but it hasn't been SORE in a long time. See how it feels in the morning.

Tomorrow is chest, delts and tris so I think I will be using the isolator for delts cause I can't add any wt to the presses I've been doing so its time for a change anyway. MAY try a chest ex also but we will see. Some exs are hard to record when I train alone.

Peace and I will update how may back feels tomorrow....then vids and results from the work out tomorrow.

Dr. Seuss

Nicki Minaj

Comment

Back today:

Sore mostly in the upper back and shoulder blade area, I am sure soreness is somewhat just the result of doing a new movement but my back never gets sore...hell I've done rows as heavy as I have seen them done with good form and my upper back didn't get sore. I am also sure the soreness would be much more intense if I would have done a better job selecting the wt. Next time its used for back ill have a better idea.

Delts using the isolator later on today.

Peace.

Dr. Seuss

Nicki Minaj

Comment

Today I did over head "presses" with the isolator.... Omg... Took some playing around to.get the cable ht rt but once I did...the pump was extreme. There is no point where the tension is off or even let's up. Delts have been a weak body part for me and I plan on using these as my main delt ex from now on. I have torn both cuffs so BB overhead presses are out and I've only found one machine I can use (got a vid of those on my page) but there is no rotator strain with these, no let up and my delts were hurting after I was done...well really half way thru the set they started hurting. The video I have is not great cause of where I had to put the camera but you can get an idea of what the ex is.

I have to edit it so I'll have it up tomorrow. This ex was a total shock to me.

Peace

Dr. Seuss

Nicki Minaj

Comment

Working...
                              X