Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who else DOESNT feel different as they age?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who else DOESNT feel different as they age?

I turn 42 later this month and I read all the time that ya gotta change how ya eat (I agree with this somewhat), change how ya train (maybe a lill bit), need more rest (feel the same), etc... I pretty much feel the same as I did at say 28 or so. I am on trt but at only 100 mgs a week, I don't feel like I have any more or less trouble gaining muscle or losing fat at all. I have never had any gym related injuries that were serious (yea I broke a lill bone in my foot recently but I'm sure that was a wear and tear injury and not anything else). Maybe its because I took LONG breaks at different times... Trained like a mad man in my teens, mid twentys, mid 30s and been training fairly consistently for a while now. Sure I worked out some of the other times but it would be 2xs this week, once next, week off, 3xs next week 2weeks off, a month straight, 2 months off, and several YEARS off (hell when your drunk and high going to the gym is way down on the list of priorities).

Now my joints bother me from time to time but to be honest I remember my joints hurting in my 20's when I trained heavy all the time and I really don't know if its any worse. I am trying to be more consistent in some things like using a higher rep range on SOME exs but I feel like that's just realizing i should have always done that and not so much a concession to ageing. Maybe I still will "hit that wall" but to be honest I would be shocked if a year from now I am not carrying 20 lbs or so more of muscle with no change in supplementation. I joke about getting older, joke about breaking down but I really have not felt it so much.

Just wondering if I'm the only one...maybe I'm delusional (people have told me I am many a time in regards to other things so... Maybe I am).
    Follow my NEW journal if you please:

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=48304

"They say I'm no good...cause I'm so hood, rich folks do not want me around" 50

"You are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
    Dr. Seuss

I would like to thank all the stupid people of the world. Without you guys I would only be average.

"Tell them bitches get a stick I'm done leading the blind"
    Nicki Minaj

wtf I'm 23 and feel 40 I hate you.

Comment

But to be serious, while I have limited insight at 23, I can say that when I was 17 I thought when I was 25 I'd be old, married, boring, etc.

Now that I'm 23 I realize how young I still am.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCrazy View Post
        But to be serious, while I have limited insight at 23, I can say that when I was 17 I thought when I was 25 I'd be old, married, boring, etc.

Now that I'm 23 I realize how young I still am.
        And those 6 years between 17 and 23 probably seemed like an eternity to you... Savor that, cause from 30-40 the time fucking flies! Lol

I have been pretty public with my physical breakdowns over the past year. My joints kill me and my back sucks and all the other normal aches and pains. I think alot of my issues are job related though. Alot of wear and tear on my body over the years.....
        STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

I actually feel better now than in my early 20's.

Comment

Originally posted by thedunhill225 View Post
            but to be honest I would be shocked if a year from now I am not carrying 20 lbs or so more of muscle with no change in supplementation.
            Originally posted by thedunhill225 View Post
            maybe I'm delusional (people have told me I am many a time in regards to other things so... Maybe I am).

lol
            PM me to discuss website/video/dvd etc. related work.

Comment

I'm 25 and feel old as shit lol This past december I found out I have hypopituitaryism and the hormones produced by the pituitary are all out whack (which explains why I was having so much trouble gaining weight and experiencing crazy mood swings). Thing are finally getting straightened out and I actually feel younger now in terms of energy and overall attitude and outlook on life. It is amazing what medicine can do

Although this past year I might have had a few more injuries (just minor stuff) than normal, it can definitely be attributed to training harder and trying to push myself more each workout. However, I have also gotten a lot more intelligent (for my age) and through Homon and the veterans on this site I have developed a better sense of how to listen to my body and look at things with a broader lens.
              Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
              2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
              2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCrazy View Post
                wtf I'm 23 and feel 40 I hate you.
                That's kinda what I meant when I said my joints bother me sometimes now but they did.when I was younger and trained heavy all the time. I really don't think I feel any different. I guess maybe I felt old then and just still feel old...I just don't feel oldER!

"You are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
                Dr. Seuss

I would like to thank all the stupid people of the world. Without you guys I would only be average.

Nicki Minaj

Comment

Originally posted by RedSkull View Post
                  lol
                  You may be correct....

Dr. Seuss

Nicki Minaj

Comment

I played football for >2/3 of my life, so at 36 I'm pretty broken down; if not actually then psychologically. I've had a lot of surgeries, I've got a lot of titanium, and I'm pretty sore.

I suppose now that I drink less, sleep more and eat better I'm mitigating a lot of issues. Day to day I feel alright, and I can still play a lot of sports but it takes me a few more days to get back to 100% than it used to.
                    You're perfect, yes it's true. But without me...you're only you.

Comment

I turned 30 last year and I am in the best shape of my life and I will be in even better shape in the coming years! I have more energy than ever. I am for sure stronger. I can do a mile in 630. I require lesser sleep now. In fact, I can't sleep more than 7 hrs and that's only after a refeed. Otherwise I am fine with 6 hrs. I always get told that I look like I am in my twenties that's the best part!

All the credit for the above goes to my sobriety which is 2 years old. I have never felt so much love for myself and for life. I feel more gratitude and appreciation for things. It's easier to forgive and move on these days. So, for me with age I am getting wiser by the day but am getting an feeling younger in the inside!

Keep loving brothers! It's the strongest energy in the universe and love for everything is what keeps as young!

R

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

At 35 I am the strongest I have ever been and nothing hurts, except the day after training, but then it's in a good way. I am now to heavy to run far but otherwise am in great shape and only improving.

The only time I ever feel old is when I talk to young people (only some), they sound so funny that is makes me want to be old and I'm glad I am not one of them.

One thing I have noticed though is I grunt when I bend or stand up, I don't know why I do it as nothing hurts but I still crank one out each time.
                        "Be gentle in what you do, firm in how you do it."
                        Buck Brannaman.

"It is the certainty of punishment that deters crime, not the severity of it."
                        'Hanging' Judge PARKER

"Nothing is so powerful as an insight into human nature... what compulsions drive a man, what instincts dominate his action... if you know these things about a man you can touch him at the core of his being."
                        ~William Bernbach

Comment

^^^ lol... I gotta say I do the same freaking thing.... Now my back hurts when I move certain ways or get up after sitting for a while but I do it when nothing at all hurts....lol... I think I almost do it cause its expected. Like I think "I SHOULD be hurting, I'm old" so I let it out...even when I feel fine.

Dr. Seuss

Nicki Minaj

Comment

Up to 42 I was doing great, still trained like a madman, stronger than most of the "young guys" at the gym, but it catches up to you REAL quick if you don't make changes as you get older. I should have converted to training smarter not harder back then because I ended up with a myriad of injuries, of which I will post a full write up in the next few days.
                            We really are not immortal, sometimes you think it is so, but alas, it is not true.
                            Now at 48, every morning when I get up, something hurts, clicks, snaps or makes some other strange noise. On the positive side, if I can feel pain I know I woke up alive.
                            -KidRok-
                            "...because I won't accept that I can't."

www.https://Truenutrition.com/
                            5% OFF with Discount Code "FXL222"

https://www.facebook.com/hopsfitnessxl

Comment

Originally posted by KidRok View Post
                              Up to 42 I was doing great, still trained like a madman, stronger than most of the "young guys" at the gym, but it catches up to you REAL quick if you don't make changes as you get older. I should have converted to training smarter not harder back then because I ended up with a myriad of injuries, of which I will post a full write up in the next few days.
                              We really are not immortal, sometimes you think it is so, but alas, it is not true.
                              Now at 48, every morning when I get up, something hurts, clicks, snaps or makes some other strange noise. On the positive side, if I can feel pain I know I woke up alive.
                              I know this feeling....I am 41 and things started to get worn down this past year. No serious injuries but nagging things...I'm in the process of figuring out my training now so I can continue and stay somewhat injury free....
                              STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

Working...
                              X