Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timing carbs only around training

Hey guys,

I was just wondering what your opinion is on having carbs only at breakfast, pre-wo, during wo, and post-wo, for an offseason diet; all the rest of the meals would be pro/fat? So basically eating just enough carbs to grow, and when you stall, manipulate only the fats.
    Then having a refeed once or twice on the weekend.
    Kind of like a John Berardi approach to nutrition.

Has anyone had any experience with this type of diet?

Thank you in advance!
    SAVE 5% on your next TrueProtein.com order by using the discount code: LNG403

Sounds like a TCD. They work for some...
    SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

Originally posted by LG1 View Post
      Sounds like a TCD. They work for some...
      Have you personally tried it? If not, then why do you feel you need so many carbs to gain muscle?
      SAVE 5% on your next TrueProtein.com order by using the discount code: LNG403

Comment

I have done it the way you describe or very similar to it. I am pretty much doing it now. I think it works for some, but, like everything else it's very individual and the only way to know for sure is through trial and error.

Comment

Originally posted by LG1 View Post
          I have done it the way you describe or very similar to it. I am pretty much doing it now. I think it works for some, but, like everything else it's very individual and the only way to know for sure is through trial and error.
          X2......some guys who do that also opt for a mid week carb up....maybe Wed nite a huge carb meal or something like that......like just about everything else, just try it for a spell and see what happens.....you can always add more carbs in later. IMO I think on training days, you could run more carbs even after the pwo meal. I understand that the body can utilize more carbs more efficiently right after training, BUT, could it be that you could use more carb feedings thru the day even after pwo? Rather than just cut the carbs and go with fats, couldn't we "over compensate" a bit at least for a few meals? Just good for thought.....
          STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

I find for me a CKD works much better. It seems when I eat carbs I tend to crave mire and more and more. When I did TKD I was always hungry and had cravings. When I did CKD, zero carb all week and Sunday carb load I was NEVER hungry and it worked out great. Give it a try and see how it goes, it's a proven method that works, if you dont like it pick another proven method and giveit a go

Comment

Originally posted by MachMood View Post
              I find for me a CKD works much better. It seems when I eat carbs I tend to crave mire and more and more. When I did TKD I was always hungry and had cravings. When I did CKD, zero carb all week and Sunday carb load I was NEVER hungry and it worked out great. Give it a try and see how it goes, it's a proven method that works, if you dont like it pick another proven method and giveit a go
              for some, before going full tcd, it may be worthwhile to try 1/2 day tcd.

Comment

I've never seen any reasonable diet that didn't work, as long as the user was consistent.

By reasonable, I mean Keto, UD2.0, RFL, TCD, Carbs all day, Leangains, CPWO, ExD Refeeds, EOD Refeeds, etc.

By unreasonable, I mean eating only a pound of butter each day.
                Last edited by DOHCrazy; 02-05-2012, 07:29 PM.

Comment

I am doing carb backloading via the Kiefer e-book and it is working fucking fantastic. Weight is up a few lbs and I am at least just as lean (4 abs still clearly showing and lower abs feintly showing). Started at 225 6-7 weeks ago and I am up to a solid 230. The best part is the HEAVY cream I am allowed to use in my coffee.

Comment

Working...
                  X