rack deads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rack deads

Anyone else notice no real difference between racks below knees .and reg deads? I don't know if it was cause I did regular deads 2 days earlier and I was tired (though they were sub failure) or if its just that I'm strong off the floor so there is no real diff in strength levels but when I tried the rack deads yesterday.... I don't think I was any stronger than I would be off the floor. Maybe cause it was new and maybe I will go up quick but just as an example I am pretty sure I coulda pulled 585 off the floor a good 4 times and I pulled it in the rack 5 times....just surprised. When I do deads off the floor and fail it is never cause I can't get it going...it always dies around knee ht so maybe that's just my weak spot. If that's it and my back holds up and I can keep doing rack deads... My reg deads should shoot back up pretty quick.

Anyway again the question is... Does anyone else have basically the same strength off the floor that they have in the rack below your knees?

Peace.
    Last edited by thedunhill225; 02-01-2012, 02:49 PM.
    Follow my NEW journal if you please:

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=48304

"They say I'm no good...cause I'm so hood, rich folks do not want me around" 50

"You are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
    Dr. Seuss

I would like to thank all the stupid people of the world. Without you guys I would only be average.

"Tell them bitches get a stick I'm done leading the blind"
    Nicki Minaj

I'd say it is just your weak spot. Mine is off the floor....if I break the weight off the floor, there is a 100% chance I am going to lock it out. My rack deads are probably 200 lbs higher than my deadlift, which is why I never do them...that would be a recovery nightmare for me and doesn't carry over at all to my regular deadlift.

Comment

I am weak at lockout, therefore weak from the rack because I lose some momentum from the leg drive off the floor.

Comment

I think it depends on structure...personally I definitely feel that I use a shit ton of leg drive and hip drive with floor dreads, and with the rack it's damn near all back...just me. I like to set the pins JUST below the knee cap though, as I feel the lower you go the more leg drive comes into play...and when I am training back, I am not trying to train my legs

2012 EUP's Mission Submission II
        -1st SuperHeavy Gi
        2012 Hayastan Grappling Challenge New York
        -1st Heavyweight Gi
        2011 Slippery Rock Open Collegiate Championships, 4th-Open Heavyweight, 220lbs
        2008 NGA Pittsburgh Bodybuilding Championships, 2nd-Open Juniors, 175lbs

Help me, help you! To get a great discount from TrueNutrition just type in MCS722 in the code box when you check out!

New pursuit: competitive grappling, and enjoying my life

Comment

What are rack deads?

Comment

racks have their place in training dependent upon goals. plus they easier to load up... =0)

pre-injury my best w/585 off the floor was 10 reps. on racks i got 585 x 20. for most since its a shorter range of motion you should be stronger out of the rack.

i set mine up just below the knees.
            site owner of ironaddicts.com

Comment

I <3 rack deads.
              "If you're ready to do DC, you're not gonna give a flying f*(k about fatigue from the previous exercise. You get under the bar and kill it, each and every time." - homonunculus

"Nothing better than coming to IM and seeing a Wall of Text next to that big Tricep pic." - Lonnie123

“Hateful to me as the gates of Hades is that man who hides one thing in his heart and speaks another.” - Homer

The scale doesn't show a number. When he steps on it, it simply reads: Big Mother Fucker. - Skip

Comment

I cant stand racks done below the knees....I agree, might as well just do floor deads
                CEO of Morphogen Nutrition
                MorphogenNutrition.com

2012 NPC Natural Ohio
                2010 NGA Pro Universe
                2010 NPC Monster Mash
                2010 ONBF Natural Fall Classic
                2010 NPC Natural Pennsylvania
                2010 NPC Natural Northern USA
                2010 INBF Cardinal Classic
                2008 NPC Natural Northern USA
                2008 NPC Ohio State
                2004 NPC Natural Northern USA

Comment

Originally posted by thedunhill225 View Post
                  Anyone else notice no real difference between racks below knees .and reg deads? I don't know if it was cause I did regular deads 2 days earlier and I was tired (though they were sub failure) or if its just that I'm strong off the floor so there is no real diff in strength levels but when I tried the rack deads yesterday.... I don't think I was any stronger than I would be off the floor. Maybe cause it was new and maybe I will go up quick but just as an example I am pretty sure I coulda pulled 585 off the floor a good 4 times and I pulled it in the rack 5 times....just surprised. When I do deads off the floor and fail it is never cause I can't get it going...it always dies around knee ht so maybe that's just my weak spot. If that's it and my back holds up and I can keep doing rack deads... My reg deads should shoot back up pretty quick.

Anyway again the question is... Does anyone else have basically the same strength off the floor that they have in the rack below your knees?

Peace.
                  Yeah, I've been doing deads for awhile and although my numbers aren't near yours, I've noticed the same thing. I don't know if I'm just strong off the floor or my back needs to come up a bit. Seems like I should have way higher numbers off the rack comparatively speaking and I don't.

Comment

I am weak off the floor. A weight I can't break off the floor, I can get ten reps from below my knee.
                    I don't pull off the floor any more, because I work my legs too much and I've injured my back before. Feels like my back is too rounded.

Comment

Ya know I really think its more that my hams are a strong part. I got a YouTube vid doing 500 lb stiff legs...granted I was 30 lbs heavier then but I could have pulled prob close to 6 stiff leg at that time. I have always been a hip and hams dead lifter...never did rack deads but I tried them cause I hurt my foot and wanted to keep my wt on my heals when I pulled... Kinda showed me that my hips and hams have been carrying me on deads... Prob explains why my deads shot up a while ago when I concentrated on heavy bent rows.... May spend a month doing rack pulls to see how it effects my deads...

Oh and I did them from well below the knees... When warming up I tried from at my knees and the ROM was just too small for me... Didn't feel like I was WORKING anything but my traps.
                      Follow my NEW journal if you please:

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=48304

"They say I'm no good...cause I'm so hood, rich folks do not want me around" 50

"You are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
                      Dr. Seuss

I would like to thank all the stupid people of the world. Without you guys I would only be average.

"Tell them bitches get a stick I'm done leading the blind"
                      Nicki Minaj

Comment

Working...
                      X