Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

recording work outs or sets....who does and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• titanium_spine
    replied
    Originally posted by RedSkull View Post
    It's always funny how much easier sets look on video vs how they feel...
    My thoughts, exactly...

Leave a comment:

• ROB550
    replied
    funny UTube has a whole Vid section on people doing some F'd up stuff in the gym,

Leave a comment:

• Lock it Up
    replied
    Originally posted by thedunhill225 View Post
    I think I could just edit myself out of some of my videos and leave the back ground people in and win that contest. I just have the best "back ground dancers" I've seen in anyone's videos.

Ok, how about at least that... So who has the funniest back ground sets going on in their videos? That means its totally by accident and we aren't trying to tape anyone. I'll start the thread up tomorrow if anyone is down.
    I like the cut of your jib sir. I will start filming warm up sets specifically aimed at capturing these dancers. muuuahahaha

Leave a comment:

• thedunhill225
    replied
    Originally posted by Lock it Up View Post
    Dun,

THAT IS FUCKING BRILLIANT. I am now determined to make friends with couple not-so-lucky folks at the gym and find out when they come in everyday.
    I think I could just edit myself out of some of my videos and leave the back ground people in and win that contest. I just have the best "back ground dancers" I've seen in anyone's videos.

Ok, how about at least that... So who has the funniest back ground sets going on in their videos? That means its totally by accident and we aren't trying to tape anyone. I'll start the thread up tomorrow if anyone is down.

Leave a comment:

• mark!
    replied
    I always try to record the big 3 when getting up towards 1RM at least. I usually set the camera to record, and just roll for warm ups all the way through ME sets. It gives me good indication on what changes from warm up to ME sets. I rarely post up vids of my training, unless it's a pretty big PR for me, then I'll put it up, maybe. Most are just saved in my training folder on the laptop for review purposes later on, and comparing vids later on. Especially on squats, anyone who does them should be recording them to make sure form is good and safe.

About the BSOM, I'm all for that. I've seen some pretty whack stuff at a gym, and having a thread about folks doing stuff the absolute wrong way, that's full of win.

Leave a comment:

• SkinnyMike42
    replied
    If I didn't record my squat sets 1 month prior to my 1st meet, I would have bombed out due to depth.

Leave a comment:

• Lock it Up
    replied

We should have a "bad set of the month" contest and see who can get tape of the worst set they see at their gym.
    Dun,

THAT IS FUCKING BRILLIANT. I am now determined to make friends with couple not-so-lucky folks at the gym and find out when they come in everyday.

Leave a comment:

• RedSkull
    replied
    Except when people TRY to make them look hard...
    haha yes.

Leave a comment:

• RedSkull
    replied
    Originally posted by theroymccoy View Post
    So true...kinda keeps things in perspective. On your last rep you feel like dying then you watch it on video and it goes up in 3 seconds. You watch a video of some monster taking 10 seconds to complete a rep...makes you realize who wants it more.
    Or you watch a video with some monster training half ass and you realize....... [/cynic] lol I've noticed some muscle groups it's easier to grind out reps, so I think it's more to do with muscle fiber types, cns or something genetic along those lines.
    Last edited by RedSkull; 01-27-2012, 08:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

• theroymccoy
    replied
    Originally posted by RedSkull View Post
    It's always funny how much easier sets look on video vs how they feel...
    So true...kinda keeps things in perspective. On your last rep you feel like dying then you watch it on video and it goes up in 3 seconds. You watch a video of some monster taking 10 seconds to complete a rep...makes you realize who wants it more.

Originally posted by ROB550 View Post
    i just like to watch myself in tight clothes over and over again
    HELLO

Leave a comment:

• steel1970
    replied
    So you have officially hit that age huh? You remember when your parents hit it and you had to explain the real advanced tech stuff like the vcr to them rt? Well that's you now...lol
    Yeah, I'm that age now. I was never a technology geek, and I kinda regret it now. The kids make things look so easy too....pisses me off! Lol

Leave a comment:

• thedunhill225
    replied
    I am surprised by how few power lifter types do it. The big three are pretty technical lifts when you really break them down. Example would be I always had my strongest bench when I follow the "j" curve (yea I know its not as common now cause of the shirts used) so if when I was young instead of having my bench stall and it taking me weeks to figure out where in my rep my curve was off (I had a tendency to get ahead of myself, basically I would start my drift towards my head or chin too late) if I could of/would of had a profile recording as soon as it felt off....I think it would have helped. I consider power lifting a sport and it just seems odd how few power guys record cause every other sport finds it to be invaluable.

Peace

Leave a comment:

• thedunhill225
    replied
    Originally posted by steel1970 View Post
    I have trouble even finding the record button on the camera. I am getting better though. My wife wanted me to record our son's wrestling match and I got really good shots of his feet......for any sets I record I elect my son to do it as I know it will be right....lol
    So you have officially hit that age huh? You remember when your parents hit it and you had to explain the real advanced tech stuff like the vcr to them rt? Well that's you now...lol

Leave a comment:

• steel1970
    replied
    I have trouble even finding the record button on the camera. I am getting better though. My wife wanted me to record our son's wrestling match and I got really good shots of his feet......for any sets I record I elect my son to do it as I know it will be right....lol

Leave a comment:

• CJ Hartley
    replied
    Never have, might for ISOM but doubt I will for any other reason.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X