TN's pepto pro vs Prim. Perf MAP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TN's pepto pro vs Prim. Perf MAP

Both use peptopro from what I can see.. is the Trunutrition the better bargain?

From what I've read I can use roughly half the amount of peptopro as i would whey conc/isolate, assuming I'm still meeting my protein goals through eating.

I've never understood PeptoPro...hydrolyzed = fast absorption but casein = slow absorption. What's the point?

Comment

It's not casein, it's caseinate, which I believe is far more pure than just casein. Also it's much more soluble in water than other proteins. Caseinate is a faster protein than just plain casein, and being hydrolyzed caseinate it's even more fast acting....this is the way I understand it.....I figured I would try it for my pwo shake but I figured out the cost and it's too expensive for me....
      STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

Originally posted by steel1970 View Post
        It's not casein, it's caseinate, which I believe is far more pure than just casein. Also it's much more soluble in water than other proteins. Caseinate is a faster protein than just plain casein, and being hydrolyzed caseinate it's even more fast acting....this is the way I understand it.....I figured I would try it for my pwo shake but I figured out the cost and it's too expensive for me....
        But what does it offer over hydrolyzed whey?

Comment

Originally posted by Quadriceps View Post
          But what does it offer over hydrolyzed whey?
          For that answer you'd hafta talk to Carl at TN, but I believe the amino acid profile is different.... What that offers over hydrolyzed whey I have no clue. I personally can't stand the taste of hydrolyzed whey...... I'm of the opinion that the biggest factor is just getting your protein requirement down. I have used alot of types of protein and haven't noticed much of a difference. I guess if the Pepto Pro is really much better, I would use it if it was much more accessible to me financially.....but I did fine for years on whey concentrate, isolate, or whatever I could afford at the time. I just recently switched to TeamSkip because I got some for free and I really liked the texture better than just whey, plus I do like the thought behind the blend. Plus it's damn near the same price as isolate now anyway.......
          STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

Working...
          X