Some shit pops out of my knee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some shit pops out of my knee

So I was squatting today and felt some regular pain in my right knee, when I came home I noticed that when I extend my right knee, some tendon or something pops out in the right side of the kneecap. It pops out when the knee is almost completely extended, and returns when I relax the knee. My knee pain is far from that spot. Can I keep squatting?

Originally posted by SmallBall View Post
    So I was squatting today and felt some regular pain in my right knee, when I came home I noticed that when I extend my right knee, some tendon or something pops out in the right side of the kneecap. It pops out when the knee is almost completely extended, and returns when I relax the knee. My knee pain is far from that spot. Can I keep squatting?
    spend like 4 years reading into anatomy and rehab stuff. combine that with years of training and knowing your body. or go to a clinic and get an xray or MRI.

Comment

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST GO TO THE DOCTOR

Seriously people, how dumb do you have to be?!
      HAY GUYZ MY INTESTINES ARE HANGING OUT MY ASSHOLE SHOULD I CUT MY DEADLIFT SET SHORT
      Use your damn brains! If you're hurt, get checked out!
      Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
      kind of a douche

Comment

Originally posted by Sammich View Post

HAY GUYZ MY INTESTINES ARE HANGING OUT MY ASSHOLE SHOULD I CUT MY DEADLIFT SET SHORT
        Wow I haven't laughed that hard at work in quite some time. LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.

Comment

How many "Go to the Dr " Posts will it take to get guys to go to the Dr?

I liked your reply SAMMICH but am waiting for someone to post:

"Yesterday whilst benching I died and was resuscitated...twice, should I just walk it off or go to the Dr?" & “Will foam rolling help?”
          "Be gentle in what you do, firm in how you do it."
          Buck Brannaman.

"It is the certainty of punishment that deters crime, not the severity of it."
          'Hanging' Judge PARKER

"Nothing is so powerful as an insight into human nature... what compulsions drive a man, what instincts dominate his action... if you know these things about a man you can touch him at the core of his being."
          ~William Bernbach

Comment

Originally posted by SmallBall View Post
            Your fine bro. That's a normal part of hardcore training. Put some icy hot on your knees and wrap them as tight as you can before squatting again. I'm talking TIGHT. Wrap those knees AS TIGHTLY AS HUMANLY POSSIBLE.

This will help support them when you squat. The icy hot will instantly heal the "shit" that pops out of your knee. It's probably just a tendon.

No worries.
            Lee Salado, E.P.A.S.

Comment

Hey Sammich tell him how you really feel.
              Max Muscle
              5020 Katella Ave.
              Los Alamitos, CA 90720
              www.MaxMuscleLosAlamitos.com

Comment

Until SmallBall replies and explains himself, I command every response to this thread from here on to quote this by Sammich. Because it makes me laugh so hard every single time I read it.

And it is the only real answer to this thread.

2012 EUP's Mission Submission II
                -1st SuperHeavy Gi
                2012 Hayastan Grappling Challenge New York
                -1st Heavyweight Gi
                2011 Slippery Rock Open Collegiate Championships, 4th-Open Heavyweight, 220lbs
                2008 NGA Pittsburgh Bodybuilding Championships, 2nd-Open Juniors, 175lbs

Help me, help you! To get a great discount from TrueNutrition just type in MCS722 in the code box when you check out!

New pursuit: competitive grappling, and enjoying my life

Comment

Finish the set and then go to a doctor.

Comment

I think your overreacting Sammich. It's just "shit". He didn't say something "detrimental" to my health is popping out of my knee.

Originally posted by Lee Salado View Post
                    Your fine bro. That's a normal part of hardcore training. Put some icy hot on your knees and wrap them as tight as you can before squatting again. I'm talking TIGHT. Wrap those knees AS TIGHTLY AS HUMANLY POSSIBLE.

This will help support them when you squat. The icy hot will instantly heal the "shit" that pops out of your knee. It's probably just a tendon.

No worries.

I agree with you Lee, It's a part of intense training. No PAIN, No GAIN. Along with the icy hot I recommend the Heckman Flush to get that "shit" out of your body.

My father would slap me across the face and tell me to stop being a fucking hairy back Mary, and finish my set.
                    2014 USPA Nevada State / Regional Championships - 1,168 total

2014 USPA National Championships - 1,235 total

2014 Village Gym Meet - 1,260 total

2015 USPA Camp Pendleton Meet - 1,235 total

Journal: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread....80#post1112980

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Salado View Post

No worries.
                      Could HeadOn be helpful in SmallBall's case too? What if he applied it not directly to his forehead, but to his knee instead?

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel7908 View Post
                        Could HeadOn be helpful in SmallBall's case too? What if he applied it not directly to his forehead, but to his knee instead?
                        HeadOn would work great, but honestly, a combination of head on and vagisil would be best. The active ingredient in Vagisil is benzocaine. This will numb the localized area where the shit popping out is allowing him to train harder with less immediate pain.
                        Lee Salado, E.P.A.S.

Comment

Daniel and Lee- You didn't quote Sammich's post as explained by Lock it Up. Ordinarily this would go unpunished, but now he has the power to discipline the common folk.

Also, as Lock says, it is the only real answer to the OP, and it makes me laugh too.

Comment

"Hey guys, the gym I was working out in got bombed and a piece of glass from the window lodged itself in my right pec as I was benching, is it ok to finish my set?"

Comment

Originally posted by SkinnyMike42 View Post
                              "Hey guys, the gym I was working out in got bombed and a piece of glass from the window lodged itself in my right pec as I was benching, is it ok to finish my set?"
                              Yes, if your are using a close grip to work the triceps, the bicep will be unaffected during the set. Once your done with your set I recommend you calmly walk to the nearest emergency exit, go to the nearest Rite Aid Pharmacy, get yourself a sewing kit and 70% Isopropyl alcohol (anything less than 70% won't work). Take 2 shots of the Isopropyl alcohol, I prefer mine chilled with a twist of lime, take a deep breath, pull the shrapnel out and quickly sew the wound in a cross stitch pattern. Take 15 deep breaths, go back to gym and "finish your rest pause set".
                              Last edited by TLopez; 01-19-2012, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X