Recommended Products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommended Products

We are testing some new products and considering these companies for sponsors to the site. We want to be careful that we don't just take on anyone. If you have any products that you personally would back let us know and we will look into it. The good news is that we have a couple companies (I can't share who yet) that are going to be getting involved in the site more. Let's just put it this way things are going to get interesting. Again any recommendations let us know. We want the best for you guys and your opinion means a lot. We want to weed out the junk and leave you with the best. God knows we spend a ton of money on this hobby, but if we can spend our money on good products we will be saving in the long run. Thanks everyone for your support of the site and our awesome sponsors.
    1994 Ohio Gran Prix 4th place
    2010 Kentucky State Championships 1st place
    2011 Northern Kentucky 4th place
    2012 Kentucky Grand Prix 1st place
    2014 Francois Classic 3rd place
    2015 Francois Classic 2nd Place

Truenutrition.com
    Use Discount Code AMJ

Fatgrips

Comment

Evil laugh. You'll like what coming.

Truenutrition.com
      Use Discount Code AMJ

Comment

I think products by BPI and USPlabs are really good for what they are. I love the micronized BCAA's by USP, and their fat burner is one of the best I have tried that didn't contain ephedra.

Oh and I know that TP/TN used to carry Pepto Pro. Not sure if they still do, but I think the world of it.

Just first couple companies that came to mind.

2012 EUP's Mission Submission II
        -1st SuperHeavy Gi
        2012 Hayastan Grappling Challenge New York
        -1st Heavyweight Gi
        2011 Slippery Rock Open Collegiate Championships, 4th-Open Heavyweight, 220lbs
        2008 NGA Pittsburgh Bodybuilding Championships, 2nd-Open Juniors, 175lbs

Help me, help you! To get a great discount from TrueNutrition just type in MCS722 in the code box when you check out!

New pursuit: competitive grappling, and enjoying my life

Comment

Lock it up, that brings up a great idea that I am working on, but it does not involve actual sponsors since Truenutrition is the big dog on here. We aren't against other supplement companies advertising necessarily, but I don't know if they would want to for this reason.

Basically the idea would be more of a thread involving test users of new products. I'm just trying to find a way to make this more interesting for the company and for our members. I really don't want to do the same boring thing. In other words test users would probably have to do some work in order to be test users.

Truenutrition.com
          Use Discount Code AMJ

Comment

Originally posted by Doberman View Post
            Lock it up, that brings up a great idea that I am working on, but it does not involve actual sponsors since Truenutrition is the big dog on here. We aren't against other supplement companies advertising necessarily, but I don't know if they would want to for this reason.

Basically the idea would be more of a thread involving test users of new products. I'm just trying to find a way to make this more interesting for the company and for our members. I really don't want to do the same boring thing. In other words test users would probably have to do some work in order to be test users.
            Oh I think I see. I'm up for being a guinea pig...I try too many supplements to name. It's like my vice, haha. Do you mean reccomend types of products? Well, I think it would be interesting to try some different thing...the following is what I like to try different forms of.

Sleep Aids.
            -When you find a good one, it makes a world of difference. I know TN has one, but I have used it and it isn't as strong as some others I have tried (I have MAJOR sleep issues).

Nootropics/Cognitive enhancers
            -This is a really interesting topic. I have tried a few different formulas, and some straight ingredients (5-HTP comes to mind), and find they actually do work. A heightened sense of well being, motivation, clarity, steady energy levels.

More non-stim preworkouts.

Multi-Vitamin packs
            -I have been using more and more now a days the vitapacks with 5-6 capsules per dose, like you would see in an Animal Pak type of deal. I have noticed differences between doing that and just taking a one a day formula. If anyone could come up with a SERIOUS ingridient profile for the hard training athlete, TN could.

Corticeps (sp?) Mushrooms:

This is starting to get looked at as an endurance enhancer. From some folks I have spoken with it's the real deal. Non-Stim too. I haven't tried any products with it, but I hear good things.

Immune system support:
            -I have noticed over the years I get sick once, MAYBE twice a year. But, when I do I get nailed. I rationalize it as I get whenever I am training very hard or slightly getting overtrained...we all know this happens. I would love a product I could take year round that I knew would help my immune system.

Digestive Health/Pro Biotics
            -I think they do WONDERS.

A fiber product
            -Guys who train hard/eat large amounts of protein rarely get enough fiber. And it helps so many bodily functions.

Green pill
            -Basically, a fruit + veggie combo capsule packing in all the nutrients and phytochemicals found in fruits and veggies. (another health oriented idea)

And I know this category gets a lot of flak, but I find some products have merit:

Pro Hormones

Those are the ones I had on the top of my head. I'll keep thinking
            Is that what you meant Doberman? Please include me on the list of people DYING to "test" anything that TN puts out there. I think it would be fun.
            Last edited by Lock it Up; 01-15-2012, 12:23 PM.

-1st SuperHeavy Gi
            -1st Heavyweight Gi

Help me, help you! To get a great discount from TrueNutrition just type in MCS722 in the code box when you check out!

Comment

Noted and appreciated. I will have some more info at the end of this month.

Truenutrition.com
              Use Discount Code AMJ

Comment

Originally posted by Doberman View Post
                Noted and appreciated. I will have some more info at the end of this month.
                I edited my post and added more ideas above^^. Just in case you missed that haha.

-1st SuperHeavy Gi
                -1st Heavyweight Gi

Comment

Support products like knee and elbow sleeves, wrist and knee wraps, lifting straps that don't snap after 2-3 months of heavy usage. Maybe the new "lifting" mouth piece trend from under armor? Recovery tools like rollers, sticks, thera-canes, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by nator View Post
                    Support products like knee and elbow sleeves, wrist and knee wraps, lifting straps that don't snap after 2-3 months of heavy usage. Maybe the new "lifting" mouth piece trend from under armor? Recovery tools like rollers, sticks, thera-canes, etc.
                    Oh I really like the idea of recovery tools. There's a huge untapped market for guys who have no clue about foam rolling. I think that would be awesome.

-1st SuperHeavy Gi
                    -1st Heavyweight Gi

Comment

Is this training only or other products looked at to be a sponsor? I was going to mention some auto stuff.

But great ideas Lock. I would be intersted in being a test user for something.
                      2005 HOA Natural Classic
                      2006 OCB Midwest
                      2007 ABA Natural Illinois
                      2008 HOA Natural Classic
                      NPC Mid-Illinois
                      NPC Midwest Open
                      NPC Natural Grand Prix
                      2012 NGA Clash of the Titans
                      USPA Illinois State
                      NGA Heart of America
                      NGA Clash of the Titans

SAVE 5% ON YOUR NEXT ORDER FROM www.truenutrition.com order - Use Code RHB606

Comment

How about some kind of energy drink.
                        PM me to discuss website/video/dvd etc. related work.

Comment

Originally posted by RedSkull View Post
                          How about some kind of energy drink.
                          I believe TN is coming out with one by the end of the month!

Doberman, I'll do some brainstorming to come up wit ideas. It seems Lock nailed most them haha and nator's idea for support/health products.

EDIT: How about a company that sells clothes to guys 5'4" and under? lol

I'd be down to test and review something if you are still looking for people.
                          Last edited by mentalflex; 01-15-2012, 02:08 PM.
                          Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
                          2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
                          2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Great ideas guys.

Pretty much all of them have potential.

I'll keep you guys in mind for testers. I don't have any commitment on this yet, but we have seen some interest. So Illl et you know.

Truenutrition.com
                            Use Discount Code AMJ

Comment

How about a natural foods/meat company?

Erotic sex toys? Anyone? I could use a good set of bondage chains...:3some:
                              Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
                              2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
                              2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Working...
                              X