pre workout supps.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pre workout supps.

So i was reading this other website today and some people were discussing pre workout supps. One guy started running at his suck about only fat people should use pre workout supps because of their fat burning/tissue wasting properties. he then states that stimulants in the world of body building are useless. that nothing helps but hinders your performance and muscle building abilities. he also talks about using pre workouts and that you will destroy your adrenal glands. this guy claimed to be a personal trainer. any thoughts on what he said ????adrenal failure?

I am sure you can cause adrenal problems from abuse of powerful stims...but using something like a pre-wrokout stim drink or fatburners (as they are supposed to be used, not abused), and seeing adrenal "failure"? Doesn't seem logical to me. And I am a guy who pops ehpedra like candy for a fatburner, uses pre-workout drinks and all that.

I'd like to see this person's:

A. Physique
    B. Stats
    C. Training History (lifts too)
    D. Medical History
    E. Governing body where he aquired his certification(s).

Stims are a staple in my arsenal, lean or fat. Actually, I don't personally know many guys who don't use stims.

Mind telling us what this other site is? That can tell us a lot.

Just another prime example of not listening to every meathead on message boards.

Oh and for anyone thinking "DUDE, STIMS ARE CATABOLIC!!!!" I'll ask you this:

Do you think some No-Xplode is more detrimental to your muscle gain than not eating enough? Think about that.

2012 EUP's Mission Submission II
    -1st SuperHeavy Gi
    2012 Hayastan Grappling Challenge New York
    -1st Heavyweight Gi
    2011 Slippery Rock Open Collegiate Championships, 4th-Open Heavyweight, 220lbs
    2008 NGA Pittsburgh Bodybuilding Championships, 2nd-Open Juniors, 175lbs

Help me, help you! To get a great discount from TrueNutrition just type in MCS722 in the code box when you check out!

New pursuit: competitive grappling, and enjoying my life

Comment

it was on body building .com, and it was a discussion over a product. i had never heard of adrenal failure from pre work outs or alot of the stuff he was claiming. of course i couldnt see a good picture of how this guy looked either. just peeked my curiousity to hear from you guys on a board where people are alot more intelligent .

Comment

Originally posted by Lock it Up View Post
        I am sure you can cause adrenal problems from abuse of powerful stims...but using something like a pre-wrokout stim drink or fatburners (as they are supposed to be used, not abused), and seeing adrenal "failure"? Doesn't seem logical to me. And I am a guy who pops ehpedra like candy for a fatburner, uses pre-workout drinks and all that.

I'd like to see this person's:

A. Physique
        B. Stats
        C. Training History (lifts too)
        D. Medical History
        E. Governing body where he aquired his certification(s).

Stims are a staple in my arsenal, lean or fat. Actually, I don't personally know many guys who don't use stims.

Mind telling us what this other site is? That can tell us a lot.

Just another prime example of not listening to every meathead on message boards.

Oh and for anyone thinking "DUDE, STIMS ARE CATABOLIC!!!!" I'll ask you this:

Do you think some No-Xplode is more detrimental to your muscle gain than not eating enough? Think about that.
        Pretty much this.

I still think it's not a bad idea to take time off stims once in a while. Makes them more effective when you start again anyway.

Comment

Ahh, bb.com... where an 165 pound weakling can give everyone who will listen advice on getting massive. lmao

Comment

Originally posted by Quadriceps View Post
            I still think it's not a bad idea to take time off stims once in a while. Makes them more effective when you start again anyway.
            I agree and the best time is during a cruise...Heck, I drop all supps for that given week, (or two) and basically just clean myself out..
            Heckman aka "WISE" OLD MAN

Comment

Originally posted by pearlharbor1207 View Post
              Ahh, bb.com... where an 165 pound weakling can give everyone who will listen advice on getting massive. lmao
              ^^ THIS ^^
              :bye2:
              Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
              kind of a douche

Comment

Originally posted by 357ninja View Post
                it was on body building .com

Mystery Solved.

Originally posted by Quadriceps View Post
                Pretty much this.

Originally posted by Heckman View Post
                I agree and the best time is during a cruise...Heck, I drop all supps for that given week, (or two) and basically just clean myself out..
                Agree and agree.

Originally posted by Sammich View Post
                ^^ THIS ^^
                :bye2:
                x1000

-1st SuperHeavy Gi
                -1st Heavyweight Gi

Help me, help you! To get a great discount from TrueNutrition just type in MCS722 in the code box when you check out!

Comment

I'll interject with this though...

While stimulants are catabolic in nature, IMO, when people refer to this property of stims, they are unknowingly regurgitating what others with knowledgehave once said...problem is, they don't see the whole story.

Stims are catabolic in nature, yes. Let's use caffeine as an example. Caffeine can be considered catabolic because in one particular metabolic pathway it acts to allow the continued breakdown of triglyceride into FFA's. In this way, it helps in lipolysis (fat burning). So, it's catabolic. Why? All catabolic means is a breakdown of a substance in the body...not necessarily muscle. So, would anyone ever be worried about drinking too many red bulls and losing muscle? Are you not eating copious amounts of calories, namely protein, that would incline your body to hold on to your muscle tissue?

Basically, the idea of stims being catabolic is true, but bro-science has warped it into meaning "If you use stims, you're sacrificing muscle". I have heard this time and time again, but I really like to rely on the anecdotal evidence in these kinds of things. Tons of guys have gotten really big using stims on a regular basis.

I'm not dismissing the idea that abstaining from stims could actually be useful in terms of muscle gains, I'm just going by experience, packaged with some education...Stims and me get along just fine. I know plenty of other people who feel the same.

Just felt like being thorough!

-1st SuperHeavy Gi
                  -1st Heavyweight Gi

Comment

Originally posted by Lock it Up View Post
                    I'll interject with this though...

Basically, the idea of stims being catabolic is true, but bro-science has warped it into meaning "If you use stims, you're sacrificing muscle". I have heard this time and time again, but I really like to rely on the anecdotal evidence in these kinds of things. Tons of guys have gotten really big using stims on a regular basis.

I'm not dismissing the idea that abstaining from stims could actually be useful in terms of muscle gains, I'm just going by experience, packaged with some education...Stims and me get along just fine. I know plenty of other people who feel the same.

This post reminded me of Scott's two "Anatomy of a Supplement" articles about becoming your own supplement guru and discerning between broscience, marketing claims, evidence from studies and real world application and efficacy. Rather than trying to regurgitate the information, why not read it as written by the man himself:
                    Anatomy of a Supplement Part 1: http://musclemag.com/Nutrition-and-S...-Part-One.aspx

Anatomy of a Supplement Part 2: http://musclemag.com/Nutrition-and-S...nt-Part-2.aspx
                    Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
                    2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
                    2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Guess what: when you lift, you're in a catabolic state. If you take a supplement that lets you lift better (like caffeine), you're still in a catabolic state. What matters is your nutrition the other 95% of the day, and the fact that you got 3 extra reps because of the 400mg of caffeine you chugged. Over time that extra performance matters, and the 0.001 extra bit of catabolism while lifting does not.
                      Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
                      kind of a douche

Comment

I have tried pretty much all of the PreWorkout / NO supps.My favourites are NO Xplode ( yes...im being serious lol ) DY Nox Pump and 1MR.In that order in regards to the Strength / Stimulant nature of the product.NO Xplode is pretty mild,but nice little boost from it,no Geranium or anything in it.DY Nox kind of middle of the road and 1MR jacks me right up,but can be a little too much sometimes and affects sleep etc ! ( Probs due to the Geranium ) I read a few companies started removing the Geranium from their products ?

Comment

Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
                          This post reminded me of Scott's two "Anatomy of a Supplement" articles about becoming your own supplement guru and discerning between broscience, marketing claims, evidence from studies and real world application and efficacy. Rather than trying to regurgitate the information, why not read it as written by the man himself:
                          Anatomy of a Supplement Part 1: http://musclemag.com/Nutrition-and-S...-Part-One.aspx

Anatomy of a Supplement Part 2: http://musclemag.com/Nutrition-and-S...nt-Part-2.aspx
                          LOL. Exact thing I had in my head when typing that post.

Originally posted by Sammich View Post
                          Guess what: when you lift, you're in a catabolic state. If you take a supplement that lets you lift better (like caffeine), you're still in a catabolic state. What matters is your nutrition the other 95% of the day, and the fact that you got 3 extra reps because of the 400mg of caffeine you chugged. Over time that extra performance matters, and the 0.001 extra bit of catabolism while lifting does not.
                          :sammich:

Bingo. Very good way of putting it there, Sammich.

Originally posted by maxxmuscle View Post
                          I have tried pretty much all of the PreWorkout / NO supps.My favourites are NO Xplode ( yes...im being serious lol ) DY Nox Pump and 1MR.In that order in regards to the Strength / Stimulant nature of the product.NO Xplode is pretty mild,but nice little boost from it,no Geranium or anything in it.DY Nox kind of middle of the road and 1MR jacks me right up,but can be a little too much sometimes and affects sleep etc ! ( Probs due to the Geranium ) I read a few companies started removing the Geranium from their products ?
                          Have you used the new formula for NO-Xplode? You notice a difference at all? I have only used the older version (I think they reformulated very recently). I am a bit of a stim junkie, and rotate what I use on a regular basis...and I also buy things that are on sale, closeout, or special pricing, and just make sure I like the profile of ingredients. IMO, a solid preworkout is one that lists all the ingredients as individual components, and not ones that do the proprietary blend for EVERY INGREDIENT. For me, I like to see: caffeine, Arginine/AAKG, beta alanine, and more and more I am liking products with Dimethylimine (butchered that spelling).

I agree with the 1MR though. The first formula they had for that stuff...wow, I couldn't believe you could get it at GNC! lol. I took double dose because that's what I ALWAYS do and BAM! Stuff is strong.

-1st SuperHeavy Gi
                          -1st Heavyweight Gi

Comment

Originally posted by Heckman View Post
                            I do this too. I think it helps me recover better just to not have to worry about it while cruising.
                            Use my Discount Code JSG555 to Save 5% Off Your Order and Help A Broke College Guy Outhttp://www.truenutrition.com/

Comment

Originally posted by maxxmuscle View Post
                              ! ( Probs due to the Geranium ) I read a few companies started removing the Geranium from their products ?
                              I believe there is a movement by the FDA to ban DMAA (1,3-Dimethylamylamine / Geranamine) from all supplements. I'm not sure of where they are at on this but I know it is in the works...
                              Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
                              2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
                              2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Working...
                              X