Should I change anything?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I change anything?

Hey guys, I'm new here, and I just love bodybuilding (for me it's a hobbie, but I take it really serious).

I'm from Brazil and around here its pretty expansive to buy supplements and gym gears, but I do my best, and I think that this is the most important thing.

Going straight to the point: I'm 5'1''(1.80m) and weight around 182lb (83Kg). My BF is somewhere around 10-12%, and I wanted to try having it in the 1 digit number (9% would be just fine). I made a diet based on the information and articles I read in the internet. It has 2000Kcal. I workout out 3x a week (pretty intense workouts) and was wondering if I should do any cardio.

Well, take a look at the diet and tell me what you guys think about it.

Thanks a lot. Any help is useful !
    Attached Files

You're 5'1 at 180+lbs at 10% bodyfat? Either you're yoked as shit and you are being humble, or you mis-typed.

I just have to know which one it is, lol.

2012 EUP's Mission Submission II
    -1st SuperHeavy Gi
    2012 Hayastan Grappling Challenge New York
    -1st Heavyweight Gi
    2011 Slippery Rock Open Collegiate Championships, 4th-Open Heavyweight, 220lbs
    2008 NGA Pittsburgh Bodybuilding Championships, 2nd-Open Juniors, 175lbs

Help me, help you! To get a great discount from TrueNutrition just type in MCS722 in the code box when you check out!

New pursuit: competitive grappling, and enjoying my life

Comment

Well, the tests I made (calipers) result in 10.83% body fat. Maybe something is wrong, but I'm not fat either haha. I could say my BF is no bigger than 12%

Comment

Originally posted by Lock it Up View Post
        You're 5'1 at 180+lbs at 10% bodyfat? Either you're yoked as shit and you are being humble, or you mis-typed.

I just have to know which one it is, lol.
        Exactly what I was thinking.
        2014 USPA Nevada State / Regional Championships - 1,168 total

2014 USPA National Championships - 1,235 total

2014 Village Gym Meet - 1,260 total

2015 USPA Camp Pendleton Meet - 1,235 total

Journal: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread....80#post1112980

Comment

I think the OP just mistyped. 1.8m= 5'11.

Comment

Originally posted by rlh146 View Post
            [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H22t-tiWiLw&feature=related[/youtube]
            2014 USPA Nevada State / Regional Championships - 1,168 total

2014 USPA National Championships - 1,235 total

2014 Village Gym Meet - 1,260 total

2015 USPA Camp Pendleton Meet - 1,235 total

Journal: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread....80#post1112980

Comment

Oh NOW I see my mistake hahahahahahahha. Sorry about that guys. Here in Brazil we use metric system so I just mistyped. Im 5'11''

Comment

Originally posted by rlh146 View Post
                Originally posted by TLopez View Post
                [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H22t-tiWiLw&feature=related[/youtube]
                Originally posted by Kiki22 View Post
                Oh NOW I see my mistake hahahahahahahha. Sorry about that guys. Here in Brazil we use metric system so I just mistyped. Im 5'11''
                LOL. Upon a second read, I figured that may have been the case, I was just too lazy to convert it myself. haha. That clears it up.

Your question is pretty basic, and can be asnwered with some reading around, but as believe English isn't your primary language I'll breakdown a simple tool you can use to get to single digits, because quite frankly you can get that lean and not lose muscle pretty easily.

Here's my way of calculating stuff that I have used and it works well for me, but obviously I know my body more than I know yours, so you are gonna have to play with things, but IMO, for starters you could...

1. Start with protein. Take your lean bodyweight. Multiply that by 1.5. That's the amount of protein you should be eating every day.

You weigh 180, @ 10-12%, and want to be 9 or less... So, you want to lose around lets say 3% bodyfat, with hopefully retaining all your muscle. SO, take your bodyweight, multiply by .97. That means, getting to around 9%, you are going to be workiing with about 175lbs of muscle.

This means for you, I'd say eat about 260-265g protein per day.

2. Carbs. Entirely individual, and up to what kind of diet strategy you want to use. Let's keep it simple and say you are running a run of the mill high protein, low fat, moderate carb diet. Decide how many meals you wanna eat per day. I eat 7 when dieting, FOR EXAMPLE. Center your carbs around your workout and the beginning of the day. So for me, (I train after my second meal) I would eat my carbs at meal one, two, three and four. Meals 5 6 and 7 are zero carbs...the carbs are replaced by fats.

Now the amounts. Tough to say. Not knowing you at all, I would eating between 1-1.5g of carbs per lb of lean weight when trying to shed fat.

However, this is adjusted as you progress in your diet. I suggest lowering your carbs weekly. Example: Week one you are eating 200g of carbs. Week two you could try 175g, week three 150g, etc.

Also, I'd suggest not mixing fat and carb sources.

Further, all carb sources should be low GI throughout the day (Yams, oats, etc) with High GI carbs coming with your postworkout shake (Gatorade, vitargo, dextrose, hell even kids ceral).

3. Fats. Simple. This is how I do it:

Use fats in meals where you don't eat carbs. I.E. Later in the day, with maybe some fat at meal one or 2.

As far as the amounts, try just using a normal serving suggestion as listed on your nutrition facts. I.E. For Extra Virgin Olive Oil, use one Tablespoon, almonds a 1/4 cup, etc.

4. Utilize a refeed meal. Has major implications in keeping you sane, revving your metabolism, and fueling your workouts for the next several days.

5. Cardio. Do cardio every morning on an empty stomach. Nothing fancy. 30 mins to start, up it gradually as the weeks go on. Low intensity cardio here. I am not getting into an HIIT debate. I am on team walk my ass on the treadmill and watch tv/listen to podcasts/think. Why no HIIT? To put it shortly: Because my way works. LOL. Only do postworkout cardio when you start to make your sessions longer the further along the diet you are.

These are just things I always have in place when I wanna lean out. Works well for me, and others who were gracious enough to teach me what I know. This is very basic in terms of guidance, but I think it's enough to get you started.

I'll be happy to help out if I confused you on anything.

AGAIN, this is just what I do. If you love HIIT, good for you. If you like you carbs at night, great. If you don't like Morning fasted cardio, that's awesome...I simply don't care. This is what I do, and have been very successful with it. Of course, I don't do exactly that ^^ but I feel like those are some solid guidelines.

-1st SuperHeavy Gi
                -1st Heavyweight Gi

Help me, help you! To get a great discount from TrueNutrition just type in MCS722 in the code box when you check out!

Comment

Hey Lock, I can't mention how than thankful I am.

You put everthing in a simple way, so that I could understand everything. I'll follow your tips and trim my diet.

Again, THANKS A LOT !!

Comment

Not a problem. But thank me only if it works for you Just some tips I have picked up that have helped me.

-1st SuperHeavy Gi
                    -1st Heavyweight Gi

Comment

Working...
                    X