High Profile NPC Shows?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Profile NPC Shows?

I remember a while back that Dante had mentioned two shows, I believe they were in CA, that if someone wanted to be noticed they should compete in these. Anyone remember that or know what shows they were?

Anything like that on the East Coast?

Thanks much!
    Heavy squats fix everything.

I know the Northern Kentucky is a big show. While other shows have talked about closing doors or cutting back the Northern Kentucky has talked about splitting the show into two days due to its size.
    1994 Ohio Gran Prix 4th place
    2010 Kentucky State Championships 1st place
    2011 Northern Kentucky 4th place
    2012 Kentucky Grand Prix 1st place
    2014 Francois Classic 3rd place
    2015 Francois Classic 2nd Place

Truenutrition.com
    Use Discount Code AMJ

Comment

You mean like regional shows? Obviously any national show is gonna be big, with the USA's and Nat's being tops. Junior nat's are also obviously big.

Other than that, around here the biggest show you can do is probably the Pittsburgh, as it's the headquarters of the IFBB, and always turns out some freaks...lot's of competitors too. I didn't go last year, but year before that it's where Seth Feroce came out of the woodwork and really got attention.

I am pretty sure the southern States (?) is big too...

2012 EUP's Mission Submission II
      -1st SuperHeavy Gi
      2012 Hayastan Grappling Challenge New York
      -1st Heavyweight Gi
      2011 Slippery Rock Open Collegiate Championships, 4th-Open Heavyweight, 220lbs
      2008 NGA Pittsburgh Bodybuilding Championships, 2nd-Open Juniors, 175lbs

Help me, help you! To get a great discount from TrueNutrition just type in MCS722 in the code box when you check out!

New pursuit: competitive grappling, and enjoying my life

Comment

I remember one of the shows he mentioned was the Excalibur
        Don

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
          I remember a while back that Dante had mentioned two shows, I believe they were in CA, that if someone wanted to be noticed they should compete in these. Anyone remember that or know what shows they were?

Anything like that on the East Coast?

Thanks much!
          Here's my take:
          West Coast shows would be the
          -Excalibur (LA)
          -Border States (San Diego)
          -Emerald Cup (State of WA)
          -LA Championships and the Cal (Both in LA, too; All of John Lindsay's shows get pretty good exposure, really.)
          -Of course the USA's is in Vegas.

East Coast would be:

-All the shows that Bev Francis and Steve Weinburger put on (Atlantic States, the Metropolitan, Eastern USA, Team Universe)
          -The Southern States (Ft. Lauderdale)

AND the nat. levels shows:

-Master's/Teen/Collegiate - Gary Udit's show in the 'Burgh)
          -N. Americans is in Pittsburgh this year, too.
          -Nationals in Miami
          -Jr. USA's in Charleston, S.C.

That's not to say that other shows won't get good exposure, but these seem to be the big ones on the two coasts. (I might be missing some of course, too.)

-Scott
          The Book Has Arrived!
          The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
          2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
          2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

southern states is a huge show, and a big mess from what I hear....talking about the show ending @ 1-2 am, etc

Comment

I meant mostly the state and regional shows. I'm not qualified for nats yet although that is the hope to do this year. I'm really killing it right now and I'm aiming to do a show in May tentatively right now here in NC, but had considered traveling to try and get some exposure in a bigger show to try and maybe get a sponsor to help me get to nationals.

JR usa's would be really nice since it is so close, but I would not be ready in time. There is a show in April I could do in NC, but I don't think I could get in condition to do any damage there to qualify. May I should be good though. I have considered going to Jr. nats if I qualify, I think that is in June right?

Thanks for the info guys I've got a lot of shows to look into now.
              And no it's not that I think I'm that badass, I do feel I have potential though and I'm really going to get into condition this year.

Comment

pics???

Good luck.

Comment

So if you guys wanted to you could follow me on my "fan" page on FB. I decided to set one up to do my log on and post diet and training info for anyone that wanted to follow along and lend support etc. I think it will be pretty cool for me to have all my pics and vids in one place at the end of the year and look back on.
                  Here is the link: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michea...37793856248959

johnnieo, I've got a few pics up from yesterday I took with my phone. My wife is going to help me out and get some decent full body pics up and I'm going to enlist her to do some training vids for me too.

Comment

Working...
                  X