Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what tendon is this? how did i strain it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what tendon is this? how did i strain it?

Ok... I have a strain/pull or whatever of the tendons that runs from my armpit on the left side out on my left ARM. I can press on the inside of my arm/armpit and feel its sore... If I was in a biceps pose I can feel it on the inside right below the biceps looking at my arm from the front. There is zero pain in the pec or towards the pec at all, it runs out from armpit. Hope I explained it well enough..... Now the questions are what's the tendons? What's a likely cause as the only real new exs I've added are flat BB bench on chest day and deads on back day...it doesn't hurt the pec at all but I can feel it when I stretch the pec or raise the are? If you know what it is then how dangerous could it be? I know any tendons can snap but how dangerous is a strain there???

Thanks for any help.

Peace
    Follow my NEW journal if you please:

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=48304

"They say I'm no good...cause I'm so hood, rich folks do not want me around" 50

"You are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
    Dr. Seuss

I would like to thank all the stupid people of the world. Without you guys I would only be average.

"Tell them bitches get a stick I'm done leading the blind"
    Nicki Minaj

Coracobrachialis. I would suggest to get some ART but I'm biased:-)

Comment

Looking it up that seems right. So any PT's here.... What's the most likely cause? Reading about it my guess is that its from adding the benches back in. So until its better I won't do anything above real lt benching and will up the reps a ton on any pec ex but what else should be avoided? Is it as simple as anything that hurts when I do it or is there anything to avoid period? As in even if it don't hurt I still should avoid?

Thanks on advance and hope all had a good and safe night.
      Peace.

"You are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
      Dr. Seuss

I would like to thank all the stupid people of the world. Without you guys I would only be average.

Nicki Minaj

Comment

Yes its that simple, if it hurts dont do it.
        2014 NPC Mr MN State TBD
        2012 NPC MN state 40+ 1st and 3rd Hvy *Injury :frusty:
        2012 NPC Gopher State 40+ 1st and 1st SuperHvy
        2011 NPC Gopher State 40+ 1st and 2nd Open Hvy.
        2011 NPC Upper Midwest 40+ 1st and Super Hvy 1st
        2009 Gopher State 4th Hvy and 4th Masters 40+
        *11 Natural contest 1992-2000 placed top 4 of all
        88 Natural Mr MN 2nd Teen
        88 Gopher State 4th Teen Hvy Div 176lbs

Comment

Here is a pretty cool site
          http://www.getbodysmart.com/ap/muscu.../tutorial.html
          2014 NPC Mr MN State TBD
          2012 NPC MN state 40+ 1st and 3rd Hvy *Injury :frusty:
          2012 NPC Gopher State 40+ 1st and 1st SuperHvy
          2011 NPC Gopher State 40+ 1st and 2nd Open Hvy.
          2011 NPC Upper Midwest 40+ 1st and Super Hvy 1st
          2009 Gopher State 4th Hvy and 4th Masters 40+
          *11 Natural contest 1992-2000 placed top 4 of all
          88 Natural Mr MN 2nd Teen
          88 Gopher State 4th Teen Hvy Div 176lbs

Comment

Be real care working chest-I would rest til it lets up
            I did the same thing about year ago it sounds like the tie in where the pec connects to your hummerus bone also the long head of the tricep connects up in there

I strained my pec doing hammer mts decline in the same exact place and the pain was under the arm in the top of the bicep region...soooooo be carful dont want tear it if thats what it is
            If your not ripping a tendon your not working the muscle to its fullest capacity!

I just kinda feel if the weight wasn't so heavy, I could lift it:
            :bb::dancingna:bb::dancingna:bb::dancingna
            Living for the INSULIN SPIKE!

Comment

What they said...
              If It hurts don't do it for the moment.

Assuming it is a minor irritation and it just happened it should get better on its own very quickly if you let it heal.

TrueNutrition.com discount code: AAL229 saves you 5%

Feel free to PM me with injury questions - I'll get back to you soon as I can.

Comment

Yes coracobrachialis and pec minor have the same origin so you would have to say flat bench is the culprit.

You can either hope the scar tissue forms in the proper orchestrated fashion. Or you can get ART to remove the scar tissue where it hasn't formed in an orchestrated fashion and remove the adhesions to the muscle. And therefore go straight back into training at full capacity.

But probably not flat bench in low rep ranges:-).

Comment

Thanks guys. I add flat benches in for the first time in a decade and this is what I get...I haven't even gone heavy. The only thing I can think is cause I've had to re-learn the ex my "groove" hasn't been rt. Even with only 315 on the bar some reps have felt hard when I get out of the groove and other reps have felt lt. Oh well.... I'll let it heal up and see how it feels. Back to inclines for now...

Thanks again.
                  Peace.

Dr. Seuss

Nicki Minaj

Comment

IMO no one should do bench flat, incline or decline if they have to rack and unrack the bar themselves. If you must use a bar and train alone stick with the smythe. If its safe enough for Trevor Smith to have 7 plates a side on the incline then I'm sure us mere mortals can get away with 2 or 3.

Mountain dog is about to release an article on the smythe machine which I'm very interested in... I always pay more attention to a non-sheepish/in-the-trenches opinion.

Comment

Working...
                    X