Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trials and Tribulations of 2011

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Trials and Tribulations of 2011

    I just wanted to jump in here and hopefully get some discussion started from as many members as possible regarding any adversity that anyone here has dealt with this past year. Whether it was in your training, diet, health, family and or personal life, please feel free to share in this thread. I know that I personally have dealt with many issues over the past year, and just the fact that I still have somewhat of a positive attitude means that I'm chalking up 2011 as a victory.....Times are hard, creating stress on everything from relationships to families, etc. I'm just very interested to hear about members' issues this past year, how you all dealt with them, and how you moved on and continued to fight thru another day, week, month and year. Don't be shy people, put it out there and let myself and others be inspired by your stories!
    STEEL




    "SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

  • #2
    Sammich forcibly took my ass cherry. I got some pretty nice socks for Christmas though, so I guess it all kinda evened out in the end.
    2010 NPC North Star

    Comment


    • #3
      Man, 2011 started off with me sleeping in my car, down to my last few pennies eating Ramen to get by. Then I slept in the office and on my buddies couch because I couldn't afford gas to drive back and forth from work to my house where my cheating soon to be ex wife lived. Then I competed in Nationals and took 2nd, got my feet under me where I bought a new car got my own place, scored a new job a great girl, not all in that order, and I get to see my son more often. So 2012 looks to be a better year and I'll do everything I can to make sure it is. I lost 2 good friends to suicide but gained many new ones. I like to call myself even steven and Newton's Laws Apply to me, sammich will like that one.
      For Training Inquiries go see the HNIC [email protected] anything else is uncivilized

      Comment


      • #4
        Macho, sorry for the loss of your cherry, but socks are good. I got 4 packs for Christmas so I was happy too.....
        STEEL




        "SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by DCBliever View Post
          Man, 2011 started off with me sleeping in my car, down to my last few pennies eating Ramen to get by. Then I slept in the office and on my buddies couch because I couldn't afford gas to drive back and forth from work to my house where my cheating soon to be ex wife lived. Then I competed in Nationals and took 2nd, got my feet under me where I bought a new car got my own place, scored a new job a great girl, not all in that order, and I get to see my son more often. So 2012 looks to be a better year and I'll do everything I can to make sure it is. I lost 2 good friends to suicide but gained many new ones. I like to call myself even steven and Newton's Laws Apply to me, sammich will like that one.
          Robb, I remember reading about your issues.....many times I had ZERO advice to offer....you absolutely have turned your life around so much in the past year or so. I'm happy that things are going so well for you. I've been thru some of the things you have and I know they are not easy. Separation/divorce sucks, and it's always worse when kids are involved. Keep up the good work and good things will continue to come your way.....Most of all, NEVER forget the bad times. Those times are where your true self can be found, and are valuable learning tools as well.....
          STEEL




          "SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

          Comment


          • #6
            I will say that 2011 was a trying year for me in many ways. On the training front, a groin injury in early January kept me from training my legs consistently almost the whole year. I reaggravated it several times. Elbow joint and tendon issues struck in late summer and are still hit and miss. My back has acted up on occasion which is just normal for me.
            I had to take a job in April out of necessity, after being self employed for about 15 years or do. Major adjustment for me. Got in a head on crash the day after going back to work after July 4th weekend. I am very lucky I am still here and miraculously only had minor injuries. My wife had 3 kidney surgeries this year, and we lost our health insurance after these were done. My son suffered a bad concussion in football but is ok now.
            All in all on paper it would look like it was a BAD year, but I think otherwise. Times like these help to put things in perspective.....for every bad thing that happened I have been blessed with so many other wonderful things. I am so thankful for my family and friends who support me. My wife and I have seemingly gotten so much closer than we've ever been facing this adversity this year. My kids are healthy and great kids (for the most part....lol). I'm just happy that I'm here looking forward to another year with everyone I love.....
            STEEL




            "SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

            Comment


            • #7
              2011 for me definitely had its ups and downs, I started a new job (promotion) in April and have done very well. I celebrated my daughters first birthday with a big-ass luau which was awesome as well....i got back into heavy training and tore my pec in a push/pull meet in August. Surgery kept me home from work for 5 weeks which sounds bad but i got to spend a ton of time with my daughter and wife.....my wife lost 4 family members in a span of 4 weeks this past november and we actually had 3 funerals in on week. All were between 88-92yrs old so no tragedy in a life well-lived. All in all a good year despite my injury............im back to training and plan to hit the stage in early 2013 after a full eyar to rehab/grow.
              '17 USAPL Chicago Raw
              17 AAU Super Total
              '16-AAU Hi
              '15-USPA Metro
              '15-USPA State
              '15-AAU HI
              '14-AAU HI
              '14-USPA Metro
              '14-WABDL Sonny's
              '14-USPA State
              '14-HI Strongman
              '13-USPA
              '13-WABDL Sonny's
              '13-USPA State
              '13-AAU HI
              '11-USPA Metro
              '10-NPC Stingrey
              '09-NPC Islands
              '09-NPC Stingrey
              '09-ABA Islands
              '02-ABA Islands
              '02-ABA IronWorks
              '01-NPC Paradise Cup
              '01-ABA Olympia
              '01-ABA Islands
              '00-NPC Nat.Tri-State
              '00-INBF Musclefest
              '98-NGA Ill
              '98-INBF Ohio

              Comment


              • #8
                Trucelt, that's rough stuff for your wife. My wife lost both her parents in 2010, so I know how bad that can be......great stuff though getting to spend tons of time with the family. That's what it's all about.....good luck in 2012!
                STEEL




                "SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

                Comment


                • #9
                  Thanks Steel, ya it was a rough week, a funeral on Monday, Friday and two on Saturday
                  Like I said we had a great year were nothing compared to what others have gone thru and in that we respect we are blessed...
                  '17 USAPL Chicago Raw
                  17 AAU Super Total
                  '16-AAU Hi
                  '15-USPA Metro
                  '15-USPA State
                  '15-AAU HI
                  '14-AAU HI
                  '14-USPA Metro
                  '14-WABDL Sonny's
                  '14-USPA State
                  '14-HI Strongman
                  '13-USPA
                  '13-WABDL Sonny's
                  '13-USPA State
                  '13-AAU HI
                  '11-USPA Metro
                  '10-NPC Stingrey
                  '09-NPC Islands
                  '09-NPC Stingrey
                  '09-ABA Islands
                  '02-ABA Islands
                  '02-ABA IronWorks
                  '01-NPC Paradise Cup
                  '01-ABA Olympia
                  '01-ABA Islands
                  '00-NPC Nat.Tri-State
                  '00-INBF Musclefest
                  '98-NGA Ill
                  '98-INBF Ohio

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I like seeing this..I think so much of people's success transfers over into all aspects of life...work, family, etc..

                    Started the year good...had a disagreement with the owner of the anytime fitness and suddenly had no place to train my clients...so within 4 days had a building rented and renovated and equipment ordered...was scary as hell not knowing what would happen.
                    It has exceeded any expectations I ever had..I never in a million years thought a personal training studio would go so good in my town but it has and im loving it.

                    With working more hours my ex-gf who I was with for 3 years decided to kick me out since I was never home. NEVER again will I live with someone if my name isnt on the damn house. So had to find a place to live quick, that didn't work so slept on the couch at the gym for a bit...

                    Last few months have been rough without her and the kids(I have none of my own but miss the hell out of them). But it's all looking up. Can't imagine what will happen with the next year. And on top of it I'm enjoying training ridiculously. Hoping to grow alot this year.

                    Cheers guys...heres to 2012
                    2013 NPC Heartland Classic OKC - 1st Men's Lightheavyweight Novice/Overall

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by PhoebeusFenix View Post
                      I like seeing this..I think so much of people's success transfers over into all aspects of life...work, family, etc..

                      Started the year good...had a disagreement with the owner of the anytime fitness and suddenly had no place to train my clients...so within 4 days had a building rented and renovated and equipment ordered...was scary as hell not knowing what would happen.
                      It has exceeded any expectations I ever had..I never in a million years thought a personal training studio would go so good in my town but it has and im loving it.

                      With working more hours my ex-gf who I was with for 3 years decided to kick me out since I was never home. NEVER again will I live with someone if my name isnt on the damn house. So had to find a place to live quick, that didn't work so slept on the couch at the gym for a bit...

                      Last few months have been rough without her and the kids(I have none of my own but miss the hell out of them). But it's all looking up. Can't imagine what will happen with the next year. And on top of it I'm enjoying training ridiculously. Hoping to grow alot this year.

                      Cheers guys...heres to 2012
                      Good stuff, thanks for sharing. Props for taking a risk with the studio. Ive been talking about it but haven't found my balls yet....lol
                      STEEL




                      "SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Macho Man View Post
                        Sammich forcibly took my ass cherry. I got some pretty nice socks for Christmas though, so I guess it all kinda evened out in the end.
                        Did the socks help with the bleeding?
                        1994 Ohio Gran Prix 4th place
                        2010 Kentucky State Championships 1st place
                        2011 Northern Kentucky 4th place
                        2012 Kentucky Grand Prix 1st place
                        2014 Francois Classic 3rd place
                        2015 Francois Classic 2nd Place

                        Truenutrition.com
                        Use Discount Code AMJ

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Steel: check out promaxima for equipment...theyve got great stuff. Equipped my entire place for $30k.

                          Sent from my ADR6325 using Tapatalk
                          2013 NPC Heartland Classic OKC - 1st Men's Lightheavyweight Novice/Overall

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Doberman View Post
                            Did the socks help with the bleeding?
                            No, but I bought some tampons and they helped tremendously. I'm all healed up now, but I begin shitting uncontrollably at the sight of pop cans.
                            2010 NPC North Star

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Bump......only because I like to hear others' problems so that I can feel somewhat normal....lol
                              STEEL




                              "SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X