Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you include your Aminos in your Macro total ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you include your Aminos in your Macro total ?

As the title says.I take 5g BCAA + 5g EEA Pre Cardio and 10g BCAA + 5g L-Leucine Pre / Post workout.Also 2.5g Peptide Bond Aminos with each meal.

Would you count that in your Protein totals for the day,or not as they are not complete Proteins..... ?

"Techically" it could be classed as 55g of "Protein" ...

Personally I don't.

Comment

I remember someone asking that a few years back and everyone replied with a resounding "of course" without much explanation even though I didn't think it was that obvious.

I think it depends on the situation. If you're in diet mode, I say count them. Even though each amino acid may have different caloric values, I'd round them to about 4 calories/gram. So if you're taking 55 grams of aminos I'd equate that to an extra 220 calories a day.

If you're in getting huge mode, I wouldn't count them. The more the merrier!
      Max Muscle
      5020 Katella Ave.
      Los Alamitos, CA 90720
      www.MaxMuscleLosAlamitos.com

Comment

i do not

Comment

I count them because they are protein and they have calories but either way it doesn't really matter too much.
          If it's not hard it's not worth doing...
          http://www.facebook.com/HyperforceStrength <--- Follow Hyperforce on Facebook

2004 National Capital Classic - 2nd Middleweight
          2001 Ottawa Championships - 4th Middleweight
          2000 Ottawa Championships - 12th Middleweight

Comment

I agree it doesn't matter as much as consistency does. Always count them or never count them.

Comment

Thanks for the input guys.Just curious....

I do count them personally....

Comment

No
                2014 NPC Mr MN State TBD
                2012 NPC MN state 40+ 1st and 3rd Hvy *Injury :frusty:
                2012 NPC Gopher State 40+ 1st and 1st SuperHvy
                2011 NPC Gopher State 40+ 1st and 2nd Open Hvy.
                2011 NPC Upper Midwest 40+ 1st and Super Hvy 1st
                2009 Gopher State 4th Hvy and 4th Masters 40+
                *11 Natural contest 1992-2000 placed top 4 of all
                88 Natural Mr MN 2nd Teen
                88 Gopher State 4th Teen Hvy Div 176lbs

Comment

I only take them pre/intra workout, but no I don't count them. I simply count the macros from my "meals".....I never thought about counting them and honestly, my thought is the more protein the better......I couldn't see counting them and then maybe backing some protein out of a later meal due to being over my number....
                  STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

I don't count them because they are a consistent factor in my diet. In other words they don't change. As long as I know what my baseline kcal and macros are then I only need to worry about adjusting them depending on my goal. Just like DOH Crazy said, consistency matters most, but if you like to know what you are taking in it couldn't hurt. I just think its something else to worry about.
                    1994 Ohio Gran Prix 4th place
                    2010 Kentucky State Championships 1st place
                    2011 Northern Kentucky 4th place
                    2012 Kentucky Grand Prix 1st place
                    2014 Francois Classic 3rd place
                    2015 Francois Classic 2nd Place

Truenutrition.com
                    Use Discount Code AMJ

Comment

I never have but (similar to what others have posted) they are in my food intake year round so they are a consistent inclusion.

Technically I suppose I should but I manage the C and F totals to get to where I need to be, P (aminos included) stay pretty much constant unless Im doing somehting unusual.

"Beneath all suffering.........lies the beauty of opportunity"

Comment

I count them. But now I see enough people more jacked than me who don't count them so I'm having second thoughts.
                        http://www.youtube.com/user/ptarleton?feature=mhum

Comment

I am seemingly missing the boat here, or maybe it's just late....

Why would anyone count them? Like, count them as calories? I mean, I can SEE why the school of thought exists in theory, but when put to use really does not compute for me.

Someone might need to school me a bit and explain why you would count amino acids as having caloric value worth worrying about? I am not being a smartass here, I am honestly confused, as it seems like a fair number of folks seem to think that they are worth counting...and I am sitting here thinking the title of this thread is a really silly question.

Would you think you could GAIN weight by eating a caloric surplus worth of nothing but BCAA's?

I feel so stupid right now, maybe I need to sleep.

2012 EUP's Mission Submission II
                          -1st SuperHeavy Gi
                          2012 Hayastan Grappling Challenge New York
                          -1st Heavyweight Gi
                          2011 Slippery Rock Open Collegiate Championships, 4th-Open Heavyweight, 220lbs
                          2008 NGA Pittsburgh Bodybuilding Championships, 2nd-Open Juniors, 175lbs

Help me, help you! To get a great discount from TrueNutrition just type in MCS722 in the code box when you check out!

New pursuit: competitive grappling, and enjoying my life

Comment

Originally posted by Lock it Up View Post
                            I am seemingly missing the boat here, or maybe it's just late....

Why would anyone count them? Like, count them as calories? I mean, I can SEE why the school of thought exists in theory, but when put to use really does not compute for me.

Someone might need to school me a bit and explain why you would count amino acids as having caloric value worth worrying about? I am not being a smartass here, I am honestly confused, as it seems like a fair number of folks seem to think that they are worth counting...and I am sitting here thinking the title of this thread is a really silly question.

Would you think you could GAIN weight by eating a caloric surplus worth of nothing but BCAA's?

I feel so stupid right now, maybe I need to sleep.
                            Whatever works for you I spoze and as others have pointed as long as they are consistent year round then you can manipulate your foods. You look ripped as hell in your avatar and you don't count them...the OP looks ripped as hell in his avatar and he counts them.

My uncle gets pretty ripped and he likes to count them (where I got the idea to count them if you're dieting....)

Max Muscle
                            5020 Katella Ave.
                            Los Alamitos, CA 90720
                            www.MaxMuscleLosAlamitos.com

Comment

If they are going to be a constant during your prep, it won't matter. I don't personally count them. If you plan to take them out at some point or adjust the amount, I would count them.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
                              Instagram: @intensemuscle
                              YouTube: TEAMSKIP
                              TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Working...
                              X