Can't raise my arm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't raise my arm?

I don't post a whole lot, but need some advice. I woke up this morning unable to raise my right arm more than probably 10 or 12 inches from my side. At first I thought I just slept funny on it and it would work itself out in a little while. That was at 6:30 this morning and it's no better. I trained chest/shoulders/Tri's on Tuesday and had no issues. No issues yesterday with back/Bi's. No pain or anything either day or last night before I went to sleep. Any thoughts or suggestions would be great.

Joe
    Joe

Contest History:
    2017 Muscle Heat - 2nd Place Masters 40+ HWT & 3rd Place LHW
    2017 Gold's Classic - 3rd Place Masters 40+ HWT & 4th Place LHW
    2016 GK Classic - 1st Place MW & 4th Place Masters 40+
    2016 Charlotte Europa - 3rd Place MW & 1st Place Masters 35+
    2015 Mid-Atlantic Classic - 4th Place LHW & 4th Place Masters 40+ HWY
    2014 Muscle Heat Classic - 4th Place LHW & 4th Place Masters 35+ HWY

Going through something similar myself. After laying on my side propped against my elbow. Impinged my shoulder badly and lost mobility with extreme pain. Getting better now...
    SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

PAINFUL to raise or just cant? Seems everyone having some type should issues these days on IM. I recovering from a slight tear or bad strain to my labrum....had full range motion but no strength no real pain either

if it doesnt hurt bad i'd try heating it and see if that helps with motion
      If your not ripping a tendon your not working the muscle to its fullest capacity!

I just kinda feel if the weight wasn't so heavy, I could lift it:
      :bb::dancingna:bb::dancingna:bb::dancingna
      Living for the INSULIN SPIKE!

Comment

Originally posted by ROB550 View Post
        PAINFUL to raise or just cant? Seems everyone having some type should issues these days on IM. I recovering from a slight tear or bad strain to my labrum....had full range motion but no strength no real pain either

if it doesnt hurt bad i'd try heating it and see if that helps with motion
        It's mostly painful. Painful to do anything with shoulder involvement. Been doing the ice, heat, anti-inflamatories. We'll see if that helps. Had to have my 5 year old daughter help me comb my hair today....she got a kick out of that....me not so much.

Thanks for the feedback.

Joe
        Joe

Contest History:
        2017 Muscle Heat - 2nd Place Masters 40+ HWT & 3rd Place LHW
        2017 Gold's Classic - 3rd Place Masters 40+ HWT & 4th Place LHW
        2016 GK Classic - 1st Place MW & 4th Place Masters 40+
        2016 Charlotte Europa - 3rd Place MW & 1st Place Masters 35+
        2015 Mid-Atlantic Classic - 4th Place LHW & 4th Place Masters 40+ HWY
        2014 Muscle Heat Classic - 4th Place LHW & 4th Place Masters 35+ HWY

Comment

Best of luck with recovery.

I am nno expert but ime and what my ortho has told me is that the labrum is the most common injury in shoulders.

My mri was clean so I focus on tons of rotator and band stuff and stay away from flat barbell bench. Oh and lots of kwan long oil :-)
          [http://www.truenutrition.com

-discount code: ADA774-

Buy the highest quality protein and other supplements at the lowest prices.
          Save 5% on all orders.

Comment

Mine lasted a couple of days and left on it's own. Still not 100% but getting better with each day. Hopefully yours does too.
            SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

Working...
            X